Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2019, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, Hunchback has dark underlying themes. You don't really take it in when watching it as a child, but when you're older you start to understand those themes. You should definitely watch it again.

As for Bambi 2, I actually don't mind it as much as the other sequels, (or midquel, as in the case of this one), I think it's kinda cute. Yeah, it wasn't exactly necessary, but I liked that it filled in the gap of Bambi's life growing up after his mother died, and how his father continued to raise him. It's in no way a patch on the first film, but at least it more or less respected it. The same cannot be said for Fox & the Hound 2. yuck, now that was BAD. But yeah, I don't want a Bambi 3, thank you.

Oh yeah it is a similar out of control thing isn't it Yeah, you actually have a point there. Some of the live action remakes are substantially better than the sequels. But then, the sequels were direct to video, and these remakes have to put at least some effort in for the sake of cinema release.

Old 08-21-2019, 05:00 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Yeah. I think like compared to let's say ''The Fox & The Hound II'', ''Bambi II'' was pretty good. I haven't seen all of the Disney sequels, such as ''The Lady & the Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure'', ''The Little Mermaid 2'', ''Mulan 2: The Final War'', or ''The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride''. ''Belle's Magical World'' I enjoyed, though since it had Belle in it I almost certainly would like the film.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:57 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I understand liking Bambi 2 cause it showed more of Bambi's childhood with his father. The movie just didn't do much for me, but I agree it's not as bad as other sequels. Yikes, yeah Fox and the Hound 2 was fking horrendous lol. Tarzan 2 is god awful too, same for Pocahontas 2. I didn't like Lady and the Tramp 2 (but the original was never one of my favorites anyway) 101 Dalmatians 2 was trash too. So many of them are. Off the top of my head I only liked The Lion King 2, The Little Mermaid 2, and Cinderella 3. I put Mulan 2 in the same category as Bambi 2 I guess. I didn't hate it as much as the other sequels but it still didn't do much for me. It's a shame most of the Disney sequels pretty much ruin the originals since their such a travesty but I'm sure most people don't see them as canon. I definitely don't see those embarrassing follow up's as canon.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I avoided most of the sequels. I've only watched Bambi II, both Lion King sequels, and very regrettably Pocahontas 2. The rest I've seen clips of and that's enough for me.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:12 PM

Why didn't you like ''Pocahontas II''?
Old 08-27-2019, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's been awhile since I have seen Bambi II. I need to re watch and refresh my memory.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Why didn't you like ''Pocahontas II''?
Pocahontas II tried to be more 'historically accurate' but all it did it took away everything the first film had.

It's been a while since I watched Bambi II too.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:21 PM

I didn't mind it. I thought John Rolfe was a good I guess replacement of John Smith. I didn't know that it was a straight to video sequel, but guess that's usually the case with Disney. Of course ''Frozen II'' will be an exception, unless something crazy happens.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:31 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
Pocahontas II tried to be more 'historically accurate' but all it did it took away everything the first film had.

It's been a while since I watched Bambi II too.
I agree, especially John S. and Pocahontas' great love story. One of the worst Disney sequels IMO. I'm just glad that horrible straight to video sequel era is over. Now if they make a sequel, they seem to be a big deal again and are in theaters.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I'm glad that era is over with too. Disney Toon Studios that made them shut down production only last year, but had stopped making those direct to video sequels a long time ago. Now I want the live action remake era to go away too. There comes a point where enough is enough.

Yeah, some movie sequels are improving in quality 'cause effort and money is actually going into them.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:09 PM

Interesting. When did it end?
Old 09-03-2019, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Production from DisneyToon Studios (formerly known as Disney Movie Toons) ended in 2015 with their last feature film Tinkerbell and the Legend of the Neverbeast. But they stopped making the sequels of animated classics in 2008 with the third Little Mermaid film.

Old 01-24-2020, 03:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Disney’s ‘Bambi’ Will Follow In Paw-Prints Of ‘The Lion King’
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:43 PM

This news probably excited some of you more than it does me, but hope it goes well.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

UGH not Bambi, please not Bambi. I completely draw the line at Bambi being remade into a photorealistic film.
Reply   Post New Thread