Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2017, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

101 Dalmatians #5: "Cruella De Vil, Cruella De Vil, if she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will"

Welcome to the

Appreciation Thread

The Story:
Single songwriter Roger lives with his Dalmatian Pongo. Pongo spots the perfect partners for both himself and Roger and soon the couple literally fall for each other (into the pond).
After both couples marry, Perdita gives birth to fifteen puppies, Roger is able to save one of the puppies who they name Lucky. An old school friend of Anita’s Cruella De Vil offers to buy the puppies for a large amount of money, but her offer is rejected. She soon hires Jasper and Horace to steal them.
With Scotland Yard at a loss, Pongo and Perdita take it upon themselves to find their puppies use the canine gossip line for help. The puppies are found by Colonel, Captain and Sergeant Tibbs where they also find many other Dalmatian puppies. Pongo and Perdita make their way home with their puppies and their adopted puppies determined to lose Cruella, Jasper and Horace, even attempting to trick Cruella into believing they are Labrador retrievers. Cruella attempts to chase the van with the puppies inside but a collision with Jasper and Horace leads them into a deep ravine.
Roger and Anita are delighted to see the return of their dogs and decide to buy a bigger house so that they can keep all the Dalmatians.

The History:
The story of The Hundred and One Dalmatians was written in 1956 and Walt Disney acquired the rights in 1957 after the book grabbed his attention. The film was written by Bill Peet and this marked the first time that a Disney film was created by a single story man.
Starring: Rod Taylor as Pongo, Cate Bauer as Perdita, Betty Lou Gerson as Cruella DeVil/Miss Birdwell, Ben Wright/Bill Lee (Singing) as Roger, Lisa Davis as Anita, Martha Wentworth as Nanny/Queenie/Lucy, Frederick Worlock as Horace/Inspector Craven, J.Pat O Malley as Jasper/Colonel, Thurl Ravenscroft as Captain, David Frankham as Sergeant Tibbs, Barabara Baird as Rolly, Mickey Maga as Patch, Sandra Abbott as Penny, Mimi Gibson as Lucky, Tom Conway as Collie/Qiuzmaster

Awards:
1962: BAFTA Film Award- Won Best Animated Film USA.

Music:

Kanine Krunchies Jingle
Cruella De Vil
Dalmatian Plantation

Quotes:

Rolly- I'm so hungry I could eat a... a whole elephant.

Cruella DeVil- My only true love, darling. I live for furs. I worship furs! After all, is there a woman in all this wretched world who doesn't?

Cruella DeVil- Fifteen puppies! How marvelous! How marvelous! How perfectly... Ugh! Oh, the devil take it, they're mongrels. No spots! No spots at all! What a horrid little white rat!

Lucky- I'm tired, and I'm hungry. And my tail's froze. And my nose is froze. And my ears are froze. And my toes are froze.

Cadpig- I always wanted to get good and dirty!

Patch- What about the others? What'll they do?
Pongo- Perdy, we'll take them home with us. All of them.

The Live Action Movies

After a wild chase in the bustling streets of London, the struggling computer game author, Roger, and his male Dalmatian pet, Pongo--by a welcome twist of fate--are dragged into St. James Park and meet with the charming fashion designer, Anita, and her female Dalmatian companion, Perdita. Soon, one thing will lead to another, and before they know it, Roger and Anita will get married and the adorable Perdita, pregnant. However, their short-lived joy is disrupted when Anita's glamorous but horrible boss, Cruella DeVil, dognaps the innocent puppies with the intention of making a luxurious coat with the dogs' fabulously spotted fur. Eventually, along with Perdita's 15 pups, Cruella will manage to bring the total to the staggering number of 99 Dalmatians; nevertheless, are the cute little puppies as helpless as they look?

watch trailer
Release Date: November 27, 1996

Cast

Glenn Close ... Cruella DeVil
Jeff Daniels ... Roger
Joely Richardson ... Anita
Joan Plowright ... Nanny
Hugh Laurie ... Jasper
Mark Williams ... Horace
see full cast here

x

After a spot of therapy Cruella De Vil is released from prison a changed woman. Devoted to dogs and good causes, she is delighted that Chloe, her parole officer, has a dalmatian family and connections with a dog charity. But the sound of Big Ben can reverse the treatment so it is only a matter of time before Ms De Vil is back to her incredibly ghastly ways, using her new-found connections with Chloe and friends.

watch trailer
Release Date: November 22, 2000

Cast

Glenn Close ... Cruella de Vil
Gérard Depardieu ... Jean-Pierre Le Pelt
Ioan Gruffudd ... Kevin Sheperd
Alice Evans ... Chloe Simon
Tim McInnerny ... Alonzo
Eric Idle ... Waddlesworth (voice)
see full cast here

x

previous threads:
#1 #2 #3 #4

original OP made by Hannzz | Live Action by My Kind of Crazy

Last edited by livstevi21; 07-10-2018 at 06:41 AM
Old 02-22-2017, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Speaking of Cruella, I watched S4 ep 12 of OUAT last night, in which Cruella makes her first appearance. She really kind of looks out of place in the Enchanted Forest next to the magical villains Maleficent and Ursula. Not to mention, Cruella doesn't kill humans. Just dogs and other animals. I'm very intrigued with this development.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread. Loved the title you picked.

Oh yeah, she was interesting on OUAT. That trio was oddly funny.
My LJ
Old 02-24-2017, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

You're welcome. I just love that song.

It was an odd mix of villains, for sure, that Rumplestiltskin decided to hire. I watched ep 13 last night and Cruella, Ursula and Maleficent actually made a good team fighting Chernabog (which, by the way, was awesome they included the scariest Disney villain ever from Fantasia). I find it amusing that Cruella and Ursula are pretty different to the original characters but Maleficent is exactly the same. It cracked me up when they showed Cruella actually had magical powers, powers of persuasion over animals! And she had two fierce dogs as stooges. So she's ok with having two dogs as pets of her own, but killing other people's dogs for fur is perfectly fine? Of course they were going to have a unique take on her, this is OUAT after all. Unique takes on familiar characters is what the show does. I'm really intrigued has to how Cruella got her powers and why she lived in the Enchanted Forest rather than the real world, since that's where she actually comes from, and how she and Ursula came to live in the real world. I LOVED that she had her classic car, and bad driving. But the best scene for me was at the fast food drive through Cruella ordering I presume was a burger, Ursula says "make that two" and Rumple was like no thanks. It was just so comical.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Currently watching the live action 101 Dalmatians on CH4.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. I never really liked the idea that Cruella was after dogs to kill them for their fur. Poor babies.
My LJ
Old 02-27-2017, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Well, it wouldn't be the same without her, even if she was, in my opinion, one of the most evil villains.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread. Nice title and the OP looks great!

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 03-05-2017, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Definitely cute OP
My LJ
Old 03-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So cute

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 03-07-2017, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I love when Pongo jumps into Roger's lap.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

same here

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 03-08-2017, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

They both get so startled when Nanny announces the puppy are here!
Old 03-10-2017, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww so sweet!
My LJ
Old 03-15-2017, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I love the comparison with the live action version

Closed Thread   Post New Thread