Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

Such an adorable little boy

Hi girls! I'm doing the OT rounds on boards I tend to post at. Not on FF much these days due to a stressing thing called real life. Hope you're all doing well. Linds, you have Twitter? And it's a job requirement? What kinda job do you have?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

JOR. I haven't heard back on the job yet, but it was a preference on the application. It was a Public Information Officer.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Well, no matter how long you intend to be on Twitter, follow me You'll find me as JoShorty. Pic of my face with an LV hat on.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Hey Jor. Long time no talk. I hope all is well with you.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Will do, Jor!

Old 01-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Well welcome back Fanforum. It's still a little slow.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, FF. Oh ... you. Heh.

I had a little too much fun this weekend. Crazy weather and alcohol = a heinous cold. Boo to sickness! It's the first time I've been sick since Lawson was born. I can't hold hims. =/

Old 02-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you're better by now Linds.

I signed the lease for an apartment over the weekend. Exciting times! It was such a great day - our parents came to see the apartment before we signed and so. much. laughing. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard.

meg | tumblr
Old 02-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Aww feel better hun.

Meg, that's so exciting. You must be thrilled to be taking on such a huge responsibility. It makes you feel all grown up.

I spent my weekend out the house alot and trying not to slip and break my neck.We had an ice storm last night. I swear it's neverending.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Unfortunately, I still feel horrible. If I hadn't had the flu shot, I would swear it was the flu. Watch me defy all odds and still have the flu. Boo!

That's so exciting, Meg! Awesomeness.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

You totally have the flu!! People react differently to the shot.

Every year I'm required to get the flu shot due to my diabetes. We're easily susceptible to all things and really have a hard time recovering/healing. Long story short, I no longer accept the shot when it comes time. One time a few years back I recieved a flu shot and proceeded to get sick a day later. I'm talking runny nose, sore throat, fever, the works. Anyway I went back to the doctors complaining and my doctor(who I no longer see) told me the flu shot actually has bit of the virus in the vaccination. I'm like what!!! I've never heard that or done research about it but I'm a believer after my experience.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, yeah, the flu shot does give you a small, small dose of the flu. It's so your body can kind of recognize it and ward it off when you get the full-blown flu. I don't think the shot gave me this because I got the shot like 3 months ago. I was just saying that some people say you can still come down with the flu even with the shot, so that's a possibility for me. =/

Old 02-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Linds, I really hope you're feeling better. :/

I never get the flu shot either. I'm not big on shots tbh, not the biggest fan of all the things that we put into our bodies today. With that being said I'm about to be a hypocrite because I have taken more OTC pain relief pills in the past 3 days then I probably have my entire life combined. I had to come home today for an emergency dentist appointment tomorrow. I'm pretty sure my upper left wisdom tooth is hitting a nerve, growing into my jaw, or it has turned into a knife which is stabbing me to death. The worst pain in life I've ever experienced. My entire jaw, my ear, my throat, constant pain. And the pills don't even take it away - they're only dulling it. Ergh.

Sorry for the boring self involved novel. I was hoping it'd make it better. It did not.

meg | tumblr
Old 02-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I really needed to get the flu shot because Lawson weighed 3lb. The flu could have killed him. =/ Before he was born, I'd never gotten it, but the flu is a nightmare, so I would suggest getting the shot anyway.

Meg, that sounds like a nightmare. Geez. Hopefully they can just ... fix you up. Boo.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I completely understand that situation, it's kind of required if you're going to be around a NICU baby isn't it?

Went to the dentist, he couldn't tell me exactly what was wrong either. AWESOME. He said it didn't look like it was my wisdom tooth because they were still pretty far up, and that it might be another tooth that has been under "root canal watch" but he couldn't be sure about that either. I'd love to do a job where I could tell people "I'm not sure" and still get paid. On the better side, he prescribed me things for pain.

meg | tumblr