Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Reese's Pieces OT #35: We're too busy talking to think of a title!

Welcome to Reese's Pieces Off-Topic Thread #34!
We're too busy talking to think of a title!

What goes on in here? Well, we goof we cheer we roll our eyes we get confused we get mad we get sad we rant we laugh we embrace each others opinions we get outta control and then we hug it out and anyone who takes part in the fun!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Linds!

BTW, I love Jersey Shore. It's the most amazing hour of television ever. Although...I'm about halfway through the premiere right now and haven't laughed. Which is unusual and tbh, unaccceptable.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dude, none of that matters because Sam got her ass BEAT. She more than had it coming. I'm so tired of her being a stuck-up brat and having her bf fight her battles. BAM! Punches to the face. Thanks for playing.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^

Second half was a lot better for me. I already don't like Deena though, which is a major bummer. I don't think they needed her.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Elite Fan

Is Ron always this boring with Sam? Just laying there and doing nothing unless his name gets called and then comes in to start yelling?

Deena's not someone I could get into. But man, starting a fist fight on day one...I didn't expect that
-Safe
Old 01-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Linds.

Jersey Shore is like the one reality show I have not touched.I'm a little shocked I haven't even peeped. My younger sister loves it to the point of obsession. She was all hyped up over the premiere the other day. I have a feeling the show will be around for a while. I read it got something crazy like 8 million viewers, making it MTV's most watched show ever. Crazy.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I don't know if the cast will continue on together because Pauly D is getting his own show, apparently. It's weird, I'm addicted to the show, but I don't know if I'd watch any of their individual shows. They're most interesting to me when they're all together.

Also, everyone must go see Country Strong. MUST. The music is undeniably amazing, and that's coming from someone who isn't crazy about country music, the performances are so raw - I just loved it. I dragged my friend along who wasn't interested at all and she left wanting to see it again asap.

If for no other reason, see it for this delicious piece of man, omg.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:35 AM
Elite Fan

Okay I just thought that Pauly D wanted the cameras on him 24/7 and this was the way to do it I didn't think that he may be leaving.

See after reading this review on Country Strong I put it in my late-one-night-drunken-rental category I may have to rethink that.

And nice gif!
-Safe
Old 01-09-2011, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, that review is ... something. I just couldn't disagree more, but then, that reviewer hated "The Greatest" and I absolutely adored it and thought it was phenomenal so maybe it's just a difference in taste.

Country Strong delivers way more than you would think given the previews. I've never been a huge fan of Gwyneth. I don't dislike her, she's just never gripped me in a role, but man ... she was just an open wound in this movie. SO GOOD.

I think, for me, Shana Feste (who wrote and directed the movie) just really knows the characters she writes and casts amazingly, so performances carry the film even more so than the script itself. Garrett, Gwyneth, Tim, Leighton ... all incredible performances.

I respect reviews for what they are, but I always take them with a grain of salt because who's to say what will or won't speak to you, you know? People are different, and like and want different things.

Anywho! I'm rambling, my bad, but I just really loved it and the songs have been stuck in my head for two days now, gah.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A few months back when Country Strong was beginning to be promoted and their was Oscar buzz for Gwyneth I had it on my must-see list but my interested has kinda faded. I think the reviews are getting into my head, even though I'm really not trying to listen to them. It'll probably be something I get on DVD because I love Gwyneth, Tim, and Leighton.

On a related note, I've watched so many movies in the past week. I've never been a movie person but I've become obsessed with seeing all the nominated films! So I've watched: Black Swan, Rabbit Hole, The Kids Are Alright, The Fighter, The Social Network, 127 Hours, Never Let Me Go, and True Grit. I have Inception (yes, I haven't seen it yet) and Winter's Bone waiting for me.

I also watched Zombieland, Adventureland, Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work, and Up In The Air all for the first time. I don't know what has gotten into me! LOL.

Ps. Fanforum SUUUUUCKS.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, you should give it a chance, Meg! =/ At the very least, watch The Greatest, and if you love that, I'm sure you'll love Country Strong.

And I'm jealous, I always want to watch the nominated movies, and in the end, I see like 2-3 and that's it. How was Never Let Me Go? I really want to see that one, in particular.

I loved Up In The Air. That movie made me fall in love with Anna Kendrick. Permanently.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

As much as I adore Gweneth Paltrow, I'm a bit iffy on the movie. I actually think it's probably a really good one, but the one aspect that turns me off is the backdrop of country music. I know it's probably a really small thing in the grand scheme of things but I don't know if I'll ever see for that reason alone.

Meg, did you like Black Swan? I have been trying to watch it for like 3 weeks now. I'll probably get around to actually doing so 6 months from now. Natalie Portman is seriously the best. I can't wait to see her perfoirmance since I've been hearing all the rave reviews she's getting.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I LOVED BLACK SWAN. IT WAS AMAZING. It would win my best picture award. And even though I'm a huge Mila fan - that really didn't sway my opinion at all (honestly, lol). Natalie was...she was something else. If she doesn't win all of the awards then I'll be pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the starlight (View Post)
And I'm jealous, I always want to watch the nominated movies, and in the end, I see like 2-3 and that's it. How was Never Let Me Go? I really want to see that one, in particular.
I've said that every year too and if I saw 1 of the movies I was lucky. This is actually the first year I've done it. And it's kind of interesting because I have a feeling I might not agree with a lot of the outcomes of the awards. We'll see!

I loved Never Let Me Go. I bawled, and it was terribly depressing, but I thought it was really good. Keira, Carey, and Andrew were phenomenal. Just absolutely great.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

I'm super glad to hear that. I'm really excited to watch it now. Hopefully Natalie will get all the recognigtion she deserves for the role.

In other news, I'm really glad Teen Mom is back tonight, even though it's a new batch of girls. The promos look drama heavy so far, naturally. I am curios about a couple of the girls appearing.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm gonna watch Teen Mom 2 tonight as well. I'm gonna be missing the original girls though, I've grown so fond of them. And by 'fond' I mean, addicted.

I only remember a few of the girls from Teen Mom 2 so most of them will be new to me. I already know that I do not like Jenelle though, because I do remember her episode. Gross.

meg | tumblr