Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Reese News #17: Extra, extra! Read all about... Reese!

Quote:
“Mud” to premiere at the Cannes Film Festival

Walter Salles’ On the Road, Lee Daniels’ The Paperboy and Michael Haneke’s Amour will join Rust and Bone by Jacques Audiard and David Cronenberg’s Cosmopolis for a trip to the 65th annual Cannes Film Festival.

Also screening in the competition are Holy Motors by Leos Carax, The Angels’ Share by Ken Loach, John Hillcoat’s Lawless, which stars Shia LaBoeuf, Tom Hardy, Guy Pearce and Gary Oldman alongside Jessica Chastain in a Prohibition-era drama, and more U.S. titles such as Jeff Nichols’ Mud and Andrew Dominik’s Killing Them Softly with Brad Pitt and Ray Liotta. All in all, U.S. filmmakers will have a strong presence on the Croisette this year.

President Gilles Jacob and artistic director Thierry Fremaux announced the official selection for the May 16-27 festival at a press conference in Paris late Thursday morning.

While the 2011 competition lineup was light on U.S. directors and star power, the Cannes team certainly made up for it this year. “American cinema has come back relatively en force,” Fremaux said.

Pitt, Robert Pattinson, Nicole Kidman and Marion Cotillard and Matthew McConaughey — who both have multiple projects in Cannes — will add glam to the fest as they make their way down the world’s most famous cinema catwalk.

Smiling Reese Witherspoon shows off her growing baby bump on a family day out

Quote:
Reese Witherspoon & Charlize Theron Have a Ladies-Only Night Out

Charlize Theron took a break from new mommy duties on Thursday night to catch up with her pregnant pal Reese Witherspoon.

The Academy Award-winning actresses took in some girl talk over dinner at Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood, where the two "genuinely [appeared] to have fun with one another," an onlooker tells PEOPLE, adding that Theron sipped on wine, while expectant Witherspoon drank sparkling water.

Theron, who sported a white blazer and jeans with her hair pulled back, was all smiles, according to the source, who says Witherspoon was glowing in a casual short dress.

After greeting friends who approached the ladies' table throughout their meal, Theron and Witherspoon called it a night around 10:20 p.m. and headed to pick up their cars from the valet.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is pretty cool.

Quote:
Reese inducted into International Mothers Hall of Fame

The International Mothers Hall of Fame (IMHOF) with the message that “Every day should be Mother’s Day, released its list of this year’s Hall of Fame honorees Monday, April 23.

For 45 years the IMHOF, a non-profit organization founded by Texas businessman Doug Stroud, has worked to promote the positive messages of motherhood. Since its inception, more than 250,000 women have been inducted into its Hall of Fame by people who love them.

This year’s honorees are:
Victoria Beckham, singer and fashion designer
Lisa Belkin, Huffington Post journalist
Stephanie Decker, Indiana housewife and tornado survivor
Betty DeGeneres, author & activist
Michelle Obama, first lady: wife of President Barack Obama
Meredith Olafson, North Dakota nurse and surrogate mother
Holly Robinson Peete, actress and television host
Ann Romney, philanthropist and wife of Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney
Summer Sanders, Olympic medalist
Reese Witherspoon, Academy Award-winning actress

As Barack Obama stated last week – and every woman already knew – there is NO tougher job than being a mother. IMHOF Executive Director, Mitchell Mortimer, says that mothers need respect and recognition more than ever before.

“Too often mothers are pitted against each other” says Mortimer. “They need to celebrate the bond that motherhood creates among women and not get caught up in the labels and stereotypes. There is no such thing as a ‘super mom’ rather all moms are super!”

This year’s honorees will each be presented with a special commemorative gift, and their names will join those of women from around the world in the IMHOF Hall of Fame. And plans are currently underway to create a lasting tribute to mothers in IMHOF’s headquarters home state of Texas. An 8-acre International Mothers Hall of Fame Gardens will be built (ground has been broken) in Horseshoe Bay, Texas, and will include a granite wall monument engraved with the names of all the Hall of Fame inductees (current & future).

To learn more about the International Mothers Hall of Fame, read profiles of this year’s International Mothers of the Year honorees, or induct the special mother figures in your life into the Hall of Fame, visit our new website at Mothhershof.org.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Linds.

That really is cool. I bet she's really proud of that.

meg | tumblr
Old 04-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

More cool stuff.

Quote:
Stargazing: White House Correspondents Dinner List

Politico’s Caitlin McDevitt pulled together a master list for the correspondents weekend. Though many news organizations will not released their list in advance, here are some who like to let the world know who they are hanging out with this weekend.

“Celebrities expected at Saturday’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner include Hollywood legends George Clooney and Steven Spielberg, troubled starlet Lindsay Lohan, leading ladies Reese Witherspoon and Charlize Theron, plus hot up-and-comers Josh Hutcherson, Zooey Deschanel and Viola Davis. Some famous funny people are going, too, like Jimmy Kimmel, the evening’s headliner, and members of the “Modern Family” cast. Entertainers Stevie Wonder and Mary J. Blige are also on the guest list, in addition, of course, to President Barack Obama and a bevy of Washington journalists.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the news
Old 04-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem!

Old 04-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ahhhh I can't wait to see what she wears.

meg | tumblr
Old 04-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Holy gorgeousness, batman!

Old 04-28-2012, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly, I think it's one of favorite looks of hers ever.

meg | tumblr
Old 04-29-2012, 04:53 AM
Elite Fan

Reese looks amazing!

Reese Witherspoon channels old Hollywood at White House Correspondents' Dinner | Mail Online

Vicky
Old 04-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link, Vicky!

I'm right there with you, Meg. Honestly. The Old Hollywood look has forever been a Reese favorite of mine.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

Um, seriously? She looks AMAZING. Wow.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That classic style always looks best on her
Old 04-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I soooo agree. She always pulls it off so well. I die.

meg | tumblr
Old 04-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I die, too. Just die. Gah.