Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I didn't say it was great. It was just better than I was expecting and not nearly as bad as people made it out to be. Reese/Paul are the highlight, most definitely.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I believe you. I'll probably feel the same. I have a weird thing going on with movies. I love the "critic darling" movies but then I'll turn around a love a movie that they just raked through the coals.

meg | tumblr
Old 07-31-2011, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm the exact same way. I think it just depends on what you connect with, and what state of mind you're in when you watch a movie.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely agree! Especially the state of mind. I've watched movies one time and dislike them, then caught it again and loved it all because I was in different moods. I forget about that.

meg | tumblr
Old 08-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, so true. If I'm not in the mood to laugh and watch a comedy, I'm just like, ugh.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, I just think it's the worst movie in the world. Then I catch it on another day and I'm like LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO WHAT MOVIE WAS I WATCHING BEFORE?! It never fails, lol.

meg | tumblr
Old 08-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL, it really is so true. Or I'll watch a sad movie and be like, I feel nothing! This is a sham! And then watch it a different night and bawl my eyes out. Hah.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the starlight (View Post)
LOL, it really is so true. Or I'll watch a sad movie and be like, I feel nothing! This is a sham! And then watch it a different night and bawl my eyes out. Hah.
Yesssssss, omg. That actually happened to me with The Notebook. The first time I watched it was in the car on a long road trip and I was like...um, why did everybody bawl over this?! And then I watched it again a couple weeks later and bawled like a freaking baby.

meg | tumblr
Old 08-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, The Notebook will definitely get you when you're in a certain mood. It's the older version of them that rips my heart out. =/

I remember watching My Best Friend's Wedding and not liking the movie, not getting emotional, etc. I watched it years later and BAWLED during the scene where Julia's character and her best friend dance and he sings to her, and now I LOVE the movie. And I still cry during that part every. single. time.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually just saw that movie for the first time a few months ago. At first I really didn't think I was gonna like it but by the end I was totally wrap into it and crying.

meg | tumblr
Old 08-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Right?! I don't know what it is, but it just gets me.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This just started on STARZ and so I'm watching it right now!

ETA: Just finished. Hm. Is it possible not to have an opinion of a movie? If so, that's how I feel about this one. LOL. I certainly didn't dislike it, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that I liked it. I actually kinda felt as though I watched a whole bunch of nothing. Reese, Paul, Owen, & Jack did great with what they were given IMO they just weren't given much. I feel like I didn't get to know the characters at all, or their relationships. It was...odd.

meg | tumblr

Last edited by stormy eyes; 08-12-2011 at 07:02 PM
Old 08-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I mean, it wasn't great by any means. I thought Reese and Paul were cute. The script just wasn't really there.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They were really cute and I think that speaks of them as actors and just their natural chemistry because, like you just said, the script just wasn't there. I thought Owen did a good job too because his character was just written not great at all.

I almost feel like if this was an indie-type movie on a way smaller budget it would have worked a lot better. Because it felt like that type of movie but it just wasn't working because it was clear this one had a 100+ million budget. Which is NUTS. Because nothing happened! Lol.

meg | tumblr
Old 08-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, the budget was mostly for the cast. Reese and Nicholson pull in BIG pay checks.

I do remember liking the scene in the hospital, and Reese looked adorbs throughout.