Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

So awesome. I just love this film.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me, too. Definitely one of my fave ones that Reese was a part of.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Mine too, its easily in my top 3.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, for sure. Well, 4 for me. Guess which!? LOL.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

I love this movie. seriously, it's awesome. one of my all time favorite movies [it's so great that Reese holds two of my top faves]. it's kind of like Gossip Girl with a more mature theme and better actors.

I'm not going to lie, but I effing LOVED Kathryn. I wasn't really a fan of Annette, the character. but Reese was completely amazing in the movie.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever young (View Post)
it's kind of like Gossip Girl with a more mature theme and better actors.
Oh, true story. LOL.

I liked Annette, and the chemistry between she and Sebastian was awesome, obviously. She and Kathryn were just two totally different kind of characters. I loved to hate Kathryn, that's for sure. I really love the scene at the end with with SMG and Reese and that sly smile Reese has in the car after Kathryn's caught.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

and that's horrible coming from a super huge Leighton fan, right? there's just a few people on the show... I love them as people, but their acting abilities are kind of lacking to me. don't tell anyone I said that.

plus, I'm in love with Reese and Sarah. both were the first celebs that I actually really was obsessed with when I was younger. all three are phenomenal actors. Selma Blair is great too. it was all around an amazing movie.

I love that scene at the end too, it was great. I really had no problem with Annette, she's just not like the character I ever like or identify with. they're like Jenny and Blair [GG] or Haley and Brooke [OTH]. if that explains it at all. I always love the [usually crazy or troubled] bitch.

but like I said before, Reese was amazing in CI.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Your secret is safe with me.

And I get what you mean about her character. It was a little cookie-cutter, but I loved seeing her throw out all the things she believed in and just falling in love with someone so different than what she thought was "good." It was an interesting love story, and the cast was amazing, definitely.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

oops, double. sorry.

Last edited by forever young; 06-13-2008 at 10:09 PM
Old 06-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

yeah, it was an interesting love story. gosh, it reminds me sooo much of Nathan and Haley of OTH. geez, I need to get out the CI/OTH fic. annnyways...

I did like seeing that about her character. and the cast was definitely on their game. fabulous. I know it wouldn't be the same, at all, but I always wished that Reese was in I Know What You Did Last Summer, rather than JLH. I wanted to see those three work together in something else. though it would have been weird and comical to see the eventual RL married couples swapped on screen. and CI might have been different since they would have already worked together. but still.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

So I clicked the little "random forum" button at the top and I ended up on Reese's board, yay! Hee I went searching for a CI thread, and yay I found one CI is basically the best movie that was ever made, no lie. It was one of those movies when I was a little kid that I would sneak into the family room at 11 pm (which was SOO late ) to watch, praying that I wouldn't get in trouble with my parents

I first loved the movie because when I was younger I was in LOVE with Reese, but I saw it again recently and SMG blew me away. Still, they were both phenominal in the movie, both are amazing actresses and they played incredibly intricate characters with loads of drama. And IA about CI being a more mature version of GG. I always thought that Kathryn was the original Blair, except Kathryn had a coke habit and wanted to sleep with her step brother
Old 12-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amelia! I'm glad you ended up here, hee.

CI owns. I thought the entire young cast was great, but especially Reese and SMG. I haven't really watched this from start to finish in ages. I'll have to fix that soon.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

This was just a great movie. I'm glad you love it so much, Amelia!
Old 12-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember watching it when I was younger and just hating SMG's character. Which means she did her job, lol.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

Linds! How ya doing?! Haha I haven't seen you in forever!

& thanks! I love the movie so much, I recently went on a CI kick and watched the movie atleast 4 times on YT, then I finally bought the DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith grows old (View Post)
I remember watching it when I was younger and just hating SMG's character. Which means she did her job, lol.
Ooh yes, I really loathed Kathryn when I first watched CI. But now I love her

Something I find interesting (and that took me atleast 5 times to watch CI to realize) was that Annette & Kathryn only had one scene together, that's it. Kathryn knew from the beginning who Annette was, she knew everything about her, and she would watch Annette (remember the binocular scene?). Yet Annette never knew a darn thing about Kathryn. Heck, I bet Annette never even know Kathryn existed until she read Sebastian's journal. Yet both girls played a big part of each others' lives -- Kathryn was planning the corruption of Annette, and Annette caused the downfall of Kathryn.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie is the only scene that Kathryn and Annette have before the funeral. I love how both girls played it off as if they didn't know each other, and I love how Annette reitered one of Kathryn's lines from the beginning of the movie (K's first scene, when she is speaking with Cecile and her mother) about how when she needs help, she "always turns to Jesus" (or something along those lines) and Kathryn was just like "Thank you........freak"

SMG just looks sinister, I love it!