Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I foresee a lot of overdosing...

Aww, I wonder how you'd feel getting 3 weeks off like me.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

3 weeks off is heaven but even 3 weeks goes by too quickly.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ewan McGregor Is So Ready For The Trainspotting Sequel

Quote:
DETAILS: You recently made your New York stage debut in a revival of Tom Stoppard's The Real Thing, as Henry, an unhappily married playwright. Why hadn't you done Broadway before?
Ewan McGregor: I was never asked to do it! No, I've got a wife and kids, and I was never willing to move my whole family from L.A. to New York. It's such a clever play, and I get to be smart and a bit smug and arrogant every night. And I didn't have to come up with any of these clever thoughts on my own, which is the beauty of being an actor, really.

DETAILS: You became a father at 24. What was that like, being a parent so young?
Ewan McGregor: You're very idealistic at that age. You think you know it all, and in a way, you do. I see it in my daughter Clara, who's just starting college in New York City. I remind her that I'll be giving her a call every night after the play is over: "Where are we going?" She'd be like, "**** you, Dad. Get out of my life." You're starting college, Clara...but I'm coming with you.

DETAILS: Star Wars fans are notoriously intense. Have you had positive experiences with them?
Ewan McGregor: I don't have any experience with them. I've never been to one of the conventions. The people I meet are the ****ers who want me to sign Star Wars photos so they can sell them on the Internet or the people at premieres who are crushing children against barriers to get me to sign their ****ing picture of Obi-Wan Kenobi. They're not fans—they're parasitical lowlifes and ****ing wankers.

DETAILS: In almost every online ranking of Star Wars movies, Phantom Menace is rated as the worst. Do you defend the movie or agree with people who think it's a piece of crap?
Ewan McGregor: I watched it once, at the premiere, so I'm not in a good position to judge. They had a tall order, the three films I did. The fans waited so long and wanted to feel like they did when they watched the first film, but they were grown-ups by that time. I don't mind the criticism. I've heard it to my face.

DETAILS: You were reportedly partying pretty hard while making those movies.
Ewan McGregor: I did party very hard. I used to like it. Because of Trainspotting and Shallow Grave, I was very well-known in Britain, where I lived then. At the end of the millennium, I was meeting people who had an idea of who I was before I even talked to them. I would recognize this look on their face as they were seeing if they were right or wrong about me. It makes you feel very lonely. I partied hard, wherever I was, whenever I was. It wasn't Star Wars' fault.

DETAILS: What are the odds of a Trainspotting sequel?
Ewan McGregor: It looks like it might happen. The idea is that we shoot it in 2016, which would be 20 years after the original came out. And I'd be up for it. I wouldn't have been 10 years ago, but I am now.

DETAILS: That was around the time you said your relationship with director Danny Boyle was over. You felt hurt after he cast you in The Beach, then replaced you with Leonardo DiCaprio, right?
Ewan McGregor: It was an unfortunate situation, and it wasn't handled well. I was very upset. But time has gone by, and we put to bed the bad feelings and all of that ****.

DETAILS: Have you ever done a film just for the money?
Ewan McGregor: There have been films I've done where I've been very happy to have reached my last day on set, but not many. And I've never started a film with anything other than enthusiasm.

DETAILS: Well, you're an optimist. In fact, you thought you could make a great movie with Michael Bay.
Ewan McGregor: I did make a good movie with Michael Bay! The Island got hammered by reviewers because it was his turn to get hammered. We made his best movie, don't you think?

DETAILS: You said "good," not "great." That sounds like faint praise.
Ewan McGregor: Well, there are no great movies made anymore. [Lawrence of Arabia director] David Lean's not with us.

DETAILS: If you had a time machine, what era would you want to visit?
Ewan McGregor: The 1920s, for very shallow reasons: cars, fashion, music, the lack of cell phones. And there was a simplicity to making movies, because the camera couldn't move much. Now we have cranes and tracks, **** like that.

DETAILS: You don't like tricky filmmaking, do you?
Ewan McGregor: I remember the first shot Colin Farrell and I did with Woody Allen for Cassandra's Dream. We come into frame, run down a gangplank, and jump on a boat. The camera was on an arm, so it could move just a foot or two. And a few weeks later, we went back and redid the shot, except the camera didn't move. I said, "Why are we doing that again, Woody?" And he went [impersonating Allen], "It—it—it looked like a ****in' movie."
Old 10-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd love to see a sequel!
Old 10-27-2014, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I need to know if they're keeping the plot / title, though.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Has there been mention of changing either one?
Old 10-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Not that I read.
All I know is they want to shoot it in 2016. We'll see what happens.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

*fingers crossed*
Old 10-28-2014, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

2016 is still so far away.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It is. And I hope it doesn't get here quickly because aging is no fun.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Vic, you'll be the only one of us that isn't middle-aged.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

You'll be 36. That is not middle aged.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

This conversation is giving me a sad.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

does this make you feel better?

Old 10-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
You'll be 36. That is not middle aged.
35 is middle-aged.