Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Soundtracks to Ewan Movies

What do you think of them? What do you like/dislike about various songs and soundtracks on a whole? What do you think they add to the films? Would another song have been better or at least good in a certain film/scene?

And let's not just stick to MR, because that's way too easy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Rach
Old 03-24-2004, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

Among my favorite soundtracks are the Star Wars scores. Particularly Episode II, they're very engaging and interesting. But, I really appreciate a good original score, so... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Unfortunatelly I only have the first MR soundtrack [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Laura|
Lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Ah, I have both MR soundtracks. The first one is more of the modern songs while the second one has more of the score and original songs written for the film like The Pitch. I really love the music overall in that film. It's interesting to listen to the instrumental pieces because you don't notice them much when they're in the film, but they're fabulous.

Of course I love the SW soundtracks. I have both TPM and AOTC CDs, those are pretty nice. On TPM I especially like the Trade Federation March and Duel of the Fates. DotF is one of my favourite film songs ever, actually. It's brilliant. As for AOTC, I really like the Coruscant chase piece because it's so different, Across the Stars is so lovely and a variation on my favourite theme (the Force/Ben's theme) in the SW saga...

and the part where Anakin's riding over Tattooine with the sunset and DotF cues [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] *shivers* Such an awesome musical/visual moment. It's one of those things that shows how SW was always meant to be a story that didn't really need the dialogue because the musical motiffs are so distinct! Nice throwback to silent film era.

I have some other soundtracks that aren't scores, but I'll get to those in a bit. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Rach
Old 03-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

i love the big fish soundtrack. that song "man of the hour" is very good.

alex
Old 03-24-2004, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have both MR sountracks and I love them. My only complaint is that Zidler's Rap isn't on it. I love that song.

I love The Duel of the Fates. My mom has Ep II's soundtrack and even though there's a little sample of that song on that soundtrack I wish I had Ep I so I could hear that song over and over again. John Williams is a genius.

for Velvet Goldmine the songs Ewan sang in the movie he doesn't sing on the soundtrack. Other people sing them which disappoints me.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

Down With Love has a nice soundtrack, though unfortunately I don't have the actual CD. I love the music from that era, so the soundtrack appeals to me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 12:21 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by VerbalKint:
<STRONG>Duel of the Fates is one of my favourite film songs ever, actually. It's brilliant. </STRONG>
Absolutely agree. I'm not sure what I like more ... the music or the actual duel (you know, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul).

Hmmm ... let's see, the soundtracks I have are Big Fish, both Moulin Rouge, Down With Love and Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace. Actually, I buy soundtracks more often than just artist CDs.

SW - DOTF. Duh!

BF - Man of the Hour, Five O'Clock World, Big Fish (Titles) and Finale.

MR - Your Song (Ewan! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] ), El Tango de Roxanne and the Closing Credits

DWL - Kissing a Fool.

[ 03-25-2004: Message edited BYtheSEA ]
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
BYtheSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 07:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

yea, sometimes soundtracks are better than regular cd's, all the songs(well most of the time. lol) are good on soundtracks, but sometimes all the songs but the singles arent that good.

alex
Old 03-31-2004, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

Y'know, there should be a rule than Ewan should provide a song for the soundtrack of every single movie he does. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Does someone know if Ewan is going sing in the animation movie (I don't remember the name) where Elton John is writing the music? It would be cool to see him sing with Elton [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Laura|
Old 04-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by P Y R O:
<STRONG>Y'know, there should be a rule than Ewan should provide a song for the soundtrack of every single movie he does. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
And to think he practically had to beg to get to sing on Down With Love's soundtrack.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazy:
<STRONG>YDoes someone know if Ewan is going sing in the animation movie (I don't remember the name) where Elton John is writing the music? It would be cool to see him sing with Elton </STRONG>
Elton might not want to get upstaged again. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited BYtheSEA ]
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
BYtheSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by BYtheSEA:
<STRONG>
Elton might not want to get upstaged again. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Ok, this isn't exactly soundtrack to Ewan movie but what does everyone think about Ewan releasing an album of his own songs (like it has been rumoured)? Do you think he should do it or not? And why?

Laura|
Old 04-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

id definatly buy it [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
but he should just try not to make it cheesy or anything.

alex
Old 04-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Absolute Fan

If he wants to, I think he should. I think it's something he clearly loves and is good at, so why not?

The soundtracks I own to Ewan movies are...

TPM
AOTC
MR 1
MR 2
Trainspotting 1
A Live Less Ordinary

I think that's it... I really like all of them for different reasons. More on that later, though. I think we're going our to eat now.

Rach