Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Scottish Pub (Off Topic) #39: Those prices are insane!

banner by BehrItAll

Last thread
http://www.fanforum.com/f96/scottish...tter-63005130/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydreams (View Post)
Everything in Europe will feel expensive to us Americans. The fact that Suzi is from the UK and SHE thinks Bruges is expensive makes me think I will faint when I see the prices.

There was a Da Vinci exhibit around here last year. His work is pure genius. Literally. He invented and created things that were so ahead of his time...
I used you comment as an inspiration for the title.

I Da Vinci. There is no one else like him, even today. Well, that I am aware of.

It is raining here. Luckily we are in the middle of an island and on top of a hill.
I hoping no trees fall down and lights don't go out.

Some more Comic Con pics
After what happened with TBBT, we were going to get into The Vampire Diaries panel! We woke up at 3:30AM, 12 HOURS BEFORE THE PANEL STARTS, and were on line for Ballroom 20 by, I guess 5am. I can't remember. All I know is the sun was not up yet.

The line ahead of us and behind us. You can see people lined up for Hall H too under the tents.

So we FINALLY get into B20 and have to sit through Chuck, Terra Nova (which was good), Futurama, The Simpsons, Family Guy (which was so funny), American Dad (which was not at all amusing) and then finally!

3:30-4:15 The Vampire Diaries Screening and Q&A— All the way from Mystic Falls, the cast and creative team behind The Vampire Diaries descend on Comic-Con for a third time! Series stars Nina Dobrev (Degrassi: The Next Generation), Paul Wesley (Roll Bounce), Ian Somerhalder (Lost), Candice Accola (Juno), and Joseph Morgan (Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World) join executive producers/writers Kevin Williamson (Scream) and Julie Plec (Kyle XY) to enthrall fans with a season two highlight reel and Q&A session. This edgy, romantic drama remains the number-one series on The CW and promises another round of twists, turns and "triangles" in season three. From Bonanza Productions Inc., Outerbanks Entertainment, and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, The Vampire Diaries airs Thursdays at 8/7c on The CW, and The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Second Season will be released on Blu-ray and DVD August 30. Ballroom 20

It was Paul's birthday and we all sang to him. Then he made us stop b/c he felt embarrassed. aww.

I love when they broke out the "Team" shirts. Paul went to fast for me to get him with his "Team Damon" shirt.

Ken is making good progress on the VW Passat. All most done.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

TVD pics

We survived the hurricane and we got lucky because there wasn't any damage to our house. Bless our house.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, God Bless our house!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

*crosses fingers* our power stays on
Old 08-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Back again!

Glad you ladies survived the storm!

Quote:
The fact that Suzi is from the UK and SHE thinks Bruges is expensive makes me think I will faint when I see the prices.
And I'm used to London prices!!! Steak & frites averaged $27 (I've worked out euros to pounds and then pounds to dollars at current exchange rates) and lasagne $21. So Rachel if you are already contending with the expense of Paris, then as beautiful as Bruges is, I'd maybe give it a miss.

I'll read your CC update tomorrow as well as tell you a bit about my trip to the Lake District! And yes...I'm never happy about seeing my mother in law! The downside of marriage!

My photoblog
Old 08-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Suzi

Those prices are like a fancy restaurant in NY.

Quote:
as tell you a bit about my trip to the Lake District! And yes...I'm never happy about seeing my mother in law! The downside of marriage!
Looking forward to it. Awww shucks!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Lasagna is $21! I wouldn't pay more than $12 for it.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

I'm not sure what the exchange rate from dollars to euros is? It might not be that expensive to Americans that way, there was alot of them in Bruges.

Steph - Glad your early start paid off and you got into TVD panel. Great photos.

So, my mother in law is interesting! I couldn't begin to tell you all the things that annoy me about her but here's an example for our latest trip. We've been married 7 years now. After the wedding she pestered us for a good few months about getting our official photos copied for her, she'd chosen quite a few. She would mention them in every conversation even to my mum and sister, it was relentless! We eventually got them copied after 6 months of marriage! So you'd think there'd be photos of the wedding up in her home? No, there's not one!! She even got a photo of my nephew (no relation to her) and her work mates framed but none from the wedding.
Anyway, when we arrived on Thursday she proudly announced that she'd got some framed (H has asked her a few times why there are no wedding photos up, I think it's quite upsetting to him) but before she showed them to us she said "You won't like one of them Susan" She then proceeded to show me the absolute worst photo of me from our wedding in a huge frame. She knew I hated it but still had it framed! What sort of person would frame a wedding photo you know the bride hates (and the groom aswell) especially when the bride is family?
I hope that kinda explains where I'm coming from when I moan about her!

My photoblog
Old 08-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Oh Suzi, that is awful. She is purposely trying to piss you off?! I am so glad I like my mother in law. Makes my life easier.

I have some (American) friends who have traveled to both Paris and London and they all said the same thing... London is the more expensive place! That is why the Bruges thing gives me pause. I mean, I love waffles, beer and chocolate as much as the next person, but I am more than happy to stick to cheese, wine and pastries in Paris. And I will do it while sitting on Jim Morrison's sexy, sexy grave....
Old 08-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

You can eat out cheap in London but it's things like travel, beer and tourist attractions that are expensive but obviously if you ever chose to visit London I'd show you all the cheaper things to do. All the museums here are free which is brilliant, I hate paying to go in museums as there's often only 1 or 2 things that you might want to see. I loved that about the Smithsonian, you could pop in and out of the bits that interested you.

I don't dislike my mil she's just very annoying. H is an only child so it just means we have to take all the strain and I think she thinks he would move back nearer home if it wasn't for me!

My photoblog
Old 08-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
TVD pics

We survived the hurricane and we got lucky because there wasn't any damage to our house. Bless our house.
We got the tail end of it. Lost power for 8 or 9 hours... nearly lit my hair on fire. Okay, never mind, I did light it on fire. That said my hair is long and thick and I put it out right away but I'm still pissy my nephew didn't make my bed that day (after all he slept in it, he should have made it).
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 08-31-2011, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Janet --- your hair got on fire! Thank God it was put out and you didn't get hurt

btw, we have a tie on the Battle of the Pics thread that needs breaking

Suzi - Sorry about your MIL being difficult. Would she realize it's you if the framed photo accidentally got lost?

[qupte]but I am more than happy to stick to cheese, wine and pastries in Paris. And I will do it while sitting on Jim Morrison's sexy, sexy grave....
[/quote]

Old 08-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

H doesn't like the pic either so I told him to accidentally put a nail through it when he hangs it when we go and visit! Either that or put it behind a door!

Sorry for causing a tie break!

My photoblog
Old 08-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Janet --- your hair got on fire! Thank God it was put out and you didn't get hurt
Thanks. Yeah, it was scary but no harm came of it.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 08-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

good idea Suzi. Would it be strange to hang up a photo inside a closet.

Janet - Did your area get crazy flooding?