Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

It was a random rant that was inspired by the lack of Thunderstorms in Los Angeles. It became necessary at that moment for me to point out the multitude of ways LA pales in comparison to NY!
Old 10-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

East Coast > West Coast, always.

But I heard it did rain in Cali.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
People don't use blinkers here either.
You mean people are supposed to use them? I thought they were like crosswalks: decorative. As a pedestrian safely inside I can laugh, but it's an issue here, too.
My dad drove when they first introduced blinkers, and he never paid attention to them stating that people should watch the wheels of the car in front of them, you can tell that way when someone is about to turn.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 10-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Watching the wheels of the drivers won't tell you much here. People swerve or turn suddenly. I find myself screaming "BLINKERS, people!!!" just about everyday of my life. Yes, I am that road-rage person at this point.

East Coast >>>> West Coast.

It does rain, but its never the nice, warm summer rain that you get in the East. Never the kind of rain you feel like playing in. It's the cold, miserable kind of rain and it usually comes in week-long bursts. Most often in late December and January. And then the remainder of the year is dry and 72+ degrees, give or take.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Things would be so much easier if we still rode in horse carriages No signal problems then, huh?

Quote:
Never the kind of rain you feel like playing in.
I have never experienced rain like that.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

But, but what if the animals get hurt?
I guess no galloping is allowed.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

they'd do a slow trot. Speaking of horses, I saw Secretariat today. Disney really knows how to make sports movies. I loved the movie, and the horse's owner (Penny) was HBIC.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

I can't say that Secretariat is on my radar other than to wonder why someone would name a horse Secretariat? Also, Diane Lane never seems to age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
I have never experienced rain like that.
Really? You've never wanted to run outside and dance around in the warm, summer rain? I used to love to do that as a kid. And a teen. And an adult. It's just fun!
Old 10-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't like getting wet.

The name Secretariat was the race name. Big Red was the horse's real name. Every race name suggested was rejected by the board, so the secretary sent in Secretariat, and that was chosen.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
they'd do a slow trot.
You know people would want to speed and the horse would get a speeding ticket.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
You know people would want to speed and the horse would get a speeding ticket.
:weird:

that's animal cruelty.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

Oooh, so Secretariat is the name of the race. The trailers don't make that clear and I really know nothing about horse racing.

I went up to Saratoga with my parents a few times. It was fun, but I would just bet on horses that had the coolest-sounding names. Can't imagine why I never won.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

no no, Secretariat is the name of the horse when it runs the race. It has a real name and a race name. I guess it's like a stage name.

I'd bet on ones with middle odds so I can get lots of money if/when it won.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Elite Fan

Even more confusing, no wonder I can't keep up.

Now that I think about it show dogs usually have two names as well. They have a really long official multiword name (because no two names can be exactly the same) and then a short name that is used at shows and stuff.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel bad when dogs and cats are paraded around in costumes at the dog shows It's not natural.