Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor
Reign

Is THE EVENT an alien story? I had no idea.

I thought of you, Vic, when I read this news story earlier today. I almost forgot to bring it here for you...

Entire Sound of Music cast to reunite for performance on Oprah | Film | guardian.co.uk

Are you ridiculously psyched?
"That's not the kind of king I want to be."
Old 09-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not an Oprah fan, but for SOM I'll watch her. I have to set me DVR. I can't wait to see them together again
Old 09-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor
Reign

I've never been an Oprah fan. And I probably won't DVR this episode. But I will probably google clips of it on youtube, just so I can see what they all look like now!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydreams (View Post)
I've never been an Oprah fan. And I probably won't DVR this episode. But I will probably google clips of it on youtube, just so I can see what they all look like now!
I miss Chris Plummer's hotness. Now he doesn't do it for me
Old 09-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When Oprah has guests I love, then I watch. For SOM, I'll watch.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wish the Oprah episode for Moulin Rouge could be found. I didn't know Ewan was on.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor
Reign

I am so annoyed at myself because The Gap had this really awesome skirt on sale for $20 and I was soooo planning on buying it in 2 different colors just b/c it was so perfect and versatile. But, stupid me waited too long and now that same skirt is priced back at $50. Guess I'll only be buying one of them... and still forced to pay more than both would have cost at the sale price. Grrr!

Sorry. I just really needed to vent about that. I feel better now.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

If you wait some more, will the price go down?

I hate how I ordered a dress online in May and only received it last week. The whole summer went by and I couldn't wear it
Old 10-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

That is so annoying when that happens Rachel! I feel your pain! I saw a top I liked in Hollister back in June, it was on sale but the queue at the tills was huge and H and his mum were waiting so I didn't buy it. I thought I'd get it in the London store but it wasn't on sale there! Grrr!

Just got the Mumford and Sons cd for £5 tonight and its £10 everywhere else so I'm happy with my bargain!

Ps - re my sunburnt feet, I'd burnt the tops of them and when we got to the top of the shuttle they just cramped up in pain and I had to wait for a good 5 minutes for them to uncramp! I thought my dad was going to have to carry me back down!

My photoblog
Old 10-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydreams (View Post)
I am so annoyed at myself because The Gap had this really awesome skirt on sale for $20 and I was soooo planning on buying it in 2 different colors just b/c it was so perfect and versatile. But, stupid me waited too long and now that same skirt is priced back at $50. Guess I'll only be buying one of them... and still forced to pay more than both would have cost at the sale price. Grrr!

Sorry. I just really needed to vent about that. I feel better now.
How did the price go up? Usually prices are reduced.

Quote:
I hate how I ordered a dress online in May and only received it last week. The whole summer went by and I couldn't wear it
That popular!?
Old 10-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
If you wait some more, will the price go down?

Quote:
How did the price go up? Usually prices are reduced.
This is what I thought. Once something is on sale, it usually stays there until its sold out completely. Apparently, my thinking was wrong in this instance. I guess it was part of a limited time sale and I missed the boat. *grumble, grumble*
Quote:
Just got the Mumford and Sons cd for £5 tonight and its £10 everywhere else so I'm happy with my bargain!
I hear their music on a TV show and downloaded some of it. Is the rest of their album as good as what I've heard?

Where did you order the dress from, Vic? Was it on backorder or something?
Old 10-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

I don't know Rachel, I've only really heard the stuff they've released and what they've played at festivals! I like their sound though, a bit different to some of the music currently on offer! Got Florence and the Machine last week for £5 too! H has just bought Jimmy Eat World! I'm looking forward to listening to that, we might go and see them in November!

My photoblog
Old 10-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

What are your favorite Florence + The Machine songs? I liked Heavy In Your Arms, but don't know where to start when it comes to dling more.

Quote:
Where did you order the dress from, Vic? Was it on backorder or something?
It was Delias. And it was on backorder. But I have a nice dress to wear for next summer.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

I love Dog Days are Over and Rabbit Heart! Was lucky enough to see her play an intimate gig last November, she was amazing! What a voice!

How nice that you've now got a new outfit to wear next summer that will already be paid for!

It's pouring with rain here and our roof is leaking *again*. Hubby is up there now trying to stem the flow!

My photoblog
Old 10-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was sampling some songs on itunes. I like the ones you mention. I also like the tune Kiss With a Fist. She sounds like Sarah McLachlan. Both have great voices.

It'll be nice to have a dress that's old to me but new to everyone else.

Oh no! I hope the roof is fixed. I wonder if that's all the rain NY got last week.