Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Will you have your nephew take the test some day?
Yeah, I have his test ready to go. He just needs to learn how to spit! Hopefully he knows by now. I don't know what's so difficult about spitting for him... My coworker got her 2-year-old toddler to spit just fine, but Hugo was 3 to 4, and nothing.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

His parents are probably SO happy that he can't spit.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

They want to know his DNA, too, though.

This looks interesting: https://www.facebook.com/45116974526...8971170485930/

Quote:
Got your Ancestry, 23andMe, MyHeritage results back? Import DNA data to get 25 FREE traits + Ancient Ancestry reports!

Here is the list of traits available now for FREE:
✔️Genetic weight
✔️Body fat percentage
✔️BMI
✔️Neuroticism
✔️Childhood intelligence
✔️Beard thickness
✔️Morningness
✔️Motion sickness
✔️Earlobe size
✔️Agreeableness
✔️Extraversion
✔️Conscientiousness
✔️Openness
✔️Reward dependence
✔️Hearing function
✔️Reading and spelling ability
✔️Protein intake
✔️Carbohydrate intake
✔️Smell sensitivity for malt
✔️Smoking behavior
✔️Bitter taste
✔️Caffeine metabolite ratio
✔️Caffeine consumption
✔️Vitamin A
✔️Endurance performance
Old 06-15-2020, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Are you going to do it?

Amazing that they can determine:
Morningness
Agreeableness
Extraversion
Conscientiousness
Openness
Smell sensitivity for malt.

only for malt?
Old 06-15-2020, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Reading and spelling ability
That's a DNA trait?
Old 06-15-2020, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wonder who you inherited poor spelling from
Old 06-16-2020, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll look into it over the weekend. I start teaching summer school this Wednesday, so getting ready for that. I did enjoy having a month off already. And once summer school is over, I'll still have a month off before the school year starts.

Quote:
That's a DNA trait?
I guess they look into dyslexic traits/genes or those prone to learning disabilities...?

Quote:
Ugh, I am a grammar Nazi, so the fake Hispanic pisses me off because not only is he a horrendous speller (he literally doesn't spell basic, one-syllable words correctly like house, food, drive, etc.), but he refuses to read what he types and using spell check or the auto-corrector before sending texts. It's fine if he can't spell good, but he refuses to even address it. I don't even bother figuring out WTF he says anymore. As soon as I see a message pop up from him, I just roll my eyes as I prepare myself in case it's a text of leftover Scrabble letters. When I don't get something, if I bother to respond, I just respond with a random text in another language, which he responds saying he doesn't understand, and I say, "Exactly. Same here."

ETA: Oh, another viral video from your state made it onto local news here. Someone purposely coughs on me like that, and that bitch is going down.

Last edited by S.A.S.H.A.; 06-16-2020 at 01:36 AM
Old 06-16-2020, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Is summer school happening in person or that's going to be a Zoom thing?

Quote:
I'll still have a month off before the school year starts.

Any word on whether this is happening in person or still Zoom?

I cringe when I see people write "would of" instead of "would have." That's my biggest grammar pet peeve.

Not being able to write one syllable words is worrisome. Does he have learning disabilities?

Why do NYers have to be so trashy?
Old 06-16-2020, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
:ppout:

Quote:
I guess they look into dyslexic traits/genes or those prone to learning disabilities...?
Oh, that makes sense.

Sometimes I mix up numbers. And I have a lot of trouble remembering how something is spelled if it has too many vowels near each other.

Quote:
Hispanic pisses me off because not only is he a horrendous speller (he literally doesn't spell basic, one-syllable words correctly like house, food, drive, etc.)
It sounds like there is a deeper issue there. Like an undiagnosed learning disability.
If that is the case he must feel a lot of shame and that is why he refuses to address it.

When the mask-less woman walked away and realized she was being filmed, she looked worried/ scared. But then turned around again and cursed.

*face palm*
Old 06-16-2020, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Is summer school happening in person or that's going to be a Zoom thing?
Any word on whether this is happening in person or still Zoom?
Summer school is online via Zoom, but the regular school year as of right now is back on campus.

Quote:
Not being able to write one syllable words is worrisome. Does he have learning disabilities?
No, he can read just fine. I know he knows how to spell those words, but he claims that his fingers click the wrong letters, so it comes out looking like leftover Scrabble letters. And he is far too lazy to let autocorrect spell things correctly.

Quote:
Sometimes I mix up numbers. And I have a lot of trouble remembering how something is spelled if it has too many vowels near each other.
We thought my brother was going to be dyslexic because he would write Ns backward as a child, but he soon realized the way they should look, much to my parents' relief.

Quote:
It sounds like there is a deeper issue there. Like an undiagnosed learning disability.
If that is the case he must feel a lot of shame and that is why he refuses to address it.
Yeah, it's called laziness.

The bagel shop said she's banned from all of their shops and that masks are required. They apologized to the customer and said that most of their employees were high school students, but they have been told to call authorities next time and refuse to serve violators.

We will, we will, sock you!

Last edited by S.A.S.H.A.; 06-16-2020 at 11:34 PM
Old 06-17-2020, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I mean, yes, he could be lazy. But perhaps the laziness is a cover up for a learning disability he doesn't want to admit.

A former friend of mine, she was really lazy, but I am 100% sure she had a learning disability that was never addressed. She had so many issues with school work and testing.

We'll never really know if it one or the other, or both.

Cool chalkboard.

Quote:
The bagel shop said she's banned from all of their shops and that masks are required. They apologized to the customer and said that most of their employees were high school students, but they have been told to call authorities next time and refuse to serve violators.
Well, she was very vile and so punishment deserved.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like the chalkboard.

I used to get my b and d confused
Old 06-18-2020, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

He's dumb, but not because of a learning disability. He can totally read just fine and can write fine on paper. It's just texting that his spelling is atrocious and he refuses to read what he types before hitting send. Truly bugs this grammar Nazi.

Today our governor mandated that masks are to be worn by all in public areas and in private areas where social distancing isn't possible.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That wasn't already a mandate?
Old 06-19-2020, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

^

What movie were they in together?

NYC starts phase 2 on Monday.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread