Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
Obi Wan would be the perfect Santa!

Leia could be the doll from the Island of Misfit Toys.
Poor Leia!

Quote:
I like R2 better than most people.
Me too.

Ewan McGregor on the new ‘Star Wars’ films - The Washington Post

Quote:
Interesting words from the big-screen Obi-Wan Kenobi Ewan McGreggor as he talks once again about his potential involvement in Episode VII.

Not only was he informed about the sale of Lucasfilm to Disney the day before the official announcement by 'my friends at Lucasfilm' and the news of the next three episodes but that he'd always known of the nine film cycle that Lucas had long resisted as they had discussed them, presumably on Prequel sets.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I saw what was said about Ewan regarding the new trilogy on FB, and I was not happy
Old 12-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

You mean what Jerry said?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
You mean what Jerry said?
Yes. Ewan said he doesn't like autograph hunters. He said it's strange when an adult asks how a lighsaber turns on, but he thinks it's fine when children ask those questions. He's been a SW fan since he was a young boy. Filming was a little tedious for him because of the green screen and GL wasn't always the best as explaining himself, but he doesn't hate the franchise at all. People need to get off his back.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

What happened? Someone said that Ewan hates Star Wars? I'm confused.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
What happened? Someone said that Ewan hates Star Wars? I'm confused.
Yea, on FB there was a post about Ewan wanting to be in EP 7-9, and a friend said he doesn't deserve to be in it after he trashed the series.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Yea, on FB there was a post about Ewan wanting to be in EP 7-9, and a friend said he doesn't deserve to be in it after he trashed the series.
Okay... I must have amnesia, since I don't recall Ewan ever trashing the series.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Okay... I must have amnesia, since I don't recall Ewan ever trashing the series.
Exactly! Because he didn't.
He may have thought Attack of the Clones was a ridiculous name, but that is not trash talking imo.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

It is a ridiculous name.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess it described the movie properly? But A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and ROTJ described the movies without being out there.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

A New Hope is a little dumb and it was sort of a retcon, yeah? For a while that first film was "Star Wars" and as a kid, that's what I called it.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Yes. Ewan said he doesn't like autograph hunters. He said it's strange when an adult asks how a lighsaber turns on, but he thinks it's fine when children ask those questions. He's been a SW fan since he was a young boy. Filming was a little tedious for him because of the green screen and GL wasn't always the best as explaining himself, but he doesn't hate the franchise at all. People need to get off his back.
Why didn't you say all that and defend him? I can understand if you didn't want to get into it. Arguing with him can be tedious.

Quote:
it was sort of a retcon, yeah?
Yea, it was. It was just called Star Wars then GL went back to call it Episode IV: A New Hope.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
A New Hope is a little dumb and it was sort of a retcon, yeah? For a while that first film was "Star Wars" and as a kid, that's what I called it.
I still refer to it as SW.

Quote:
Why didn't you say all that and defend him? I can understand if you didn't want to get into it. Arguing with him can be tedious.
I didn't want to get into a fight. And I didn't want to have to find every article where Ewan mentioned SW to prove my point.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And I didn't want to have to find every article where Ewan mentioned SW to prove my point.
Yes, that is quite a lot of work to get him to tighten his lip.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Elite Fan

If I have to put too much effort into an argument pertaining to fiction, it's not worth having.

In all the Ewan interviews I have seen where he talks about SW, he is like a little boy! It was a dream come true kinda thing.