Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Non-Ewan Recommendations #24: summer movie time

I watched Alias Grace last night. That's a story with an unreliable narrator, a good story.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you liked it.

I saw The Lake House for the first time since it came out, and finally got around to watching Constantine in its entirety. Random luck that Keanu was in both. But I didn't mind.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

If you're ever in the mood for watching a woman screw with men, that's your film.

Ah, I thought you were purposely doing a Keanu marathon. That wouldn't be a bad thing.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Didn't watch them on the same day. But I then caught TBBT episode where Penny mentions The Lake House to Sheldon, so that was another coincidence.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This is the universe telling you that you are his soulmate.

I started watching The Haunting of Hill House. It is nothing like the book.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Is that good or bad?
Old 07-19-2019, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd say neither, if that makes any sense.

Like, I loved the book and hope one day someone makes a more faithful adaptation. But the show as its own thing is pretty good. It probably should've had a different title, though.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ah.

I recently saw The Curse of La Llorona, Long Shot, and Murder Mystery. They were good.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't recognize those titles. What are they about / who are they starring?

S2 of Haunting of Hill House will be inspired by Turning of the Screw by Henry James.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's based on the creepy folktale every true Latino knows about, La Llorona.

Long Shot was the Seth and Charlize movie.

And Murder Mystery is the latest popular Netflix movie starring Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler.

All good flicks.

Is screw a sexual term?
Old 07-26-2019, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The trailer of La Llorona is making me want to hide.

Quote:
Is screw a sexual term?
I doubt it.

https://www.shmoop.com/turn-of-the-screw/title.html

I didn't read the book yet so I am afraid of spoilers but I think this explains where the title comes from
Old 07-26-2019, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Those are all things I have zero interest in.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I saw a trilogy (on separate days) that I never thought I'd see, but just went for it, the Fifty Shades one. It was... interesting. Sheriff Jamie was easy on the eyes, at least. If only there were hot, young billionaires in the real world we could end up with, not ugly, prehistoric relics...
Old 07-27-2019, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What made you want to give it a try?

Quote:
If only there were hot, young billionaires in the real world we could end up with, not ugly, prehistoric relics...
Doesn't his character in 50 Shades have some psychological problems? We need to take that off the list too.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was organizing the movie folder in my external hard drive and saw them there. Figured, what the hell, I'll watch them before I delete them.

Quote:
Doesn't his character in 50 Shades have some psychological problems? We need to take that off the list too.
Eh, it's nothing extreme like schizophrenia. His mother was a drug-addicted prostitute that died when he was 4, so he was adopted by a rich family. He has nightmares of some creep burning his chest with a cigarette before his mom died, and still has the scars. His adopted mother's friend taught him freaky sex stuff as a teen, so that's why he's into that. And given the few memories of his mother, like being with her dead body until it was discovered as a toddler, he only goes for women that bare a resemblance to her. Oedipus complex much? But all that got dealt with and Sheriff Jamie lived happily ever after with his wife and two kids.