Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 08:58 PM
Absolute Fan

"I have a bad feeling about this"- the Obi-Wan/Star Wars Appreciation Thread

Well, you should have figured you couldn't hold me off for long [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] In case you're wondering the title of the thread refers to a classic SW joke because that line's in every movie (sometimes more than once). Also, it's Obi's first l
ine in TPM for that very reason.

I have admired Obi-Wan/Ben Kenobi since I was a little kid and having Ewan play him is ... wow. I mean seriously, he's more than perfect in the part. All the fans have been wowed by his performance. Anyway, I'm going to shut up for a bit and post some pictures to appease [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

So deep looking [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

So wonderful looking [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Looking so... short [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

*no comment*

Looking so Jedi [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

This is the poster on my door

I think I've gone overboard [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Rach
Old 08-07-2003, 09:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Yay! The Obi-Wan thread returns! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Having Ewan play him has been the biggest reason why I love the prequels and probably prefer them to the originals ( [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] did I just say that?)

I'm probably in the minority with this, but I prefer his look in Episode II.

Loved his scenes with Jango on Kamino, especially the fight ...

I've got such mixed emotions for Ep. III. Can't wait to see it, but don't want it to get here. It will be the last Star Wars movie. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I want to see what happens, but don't want it to end.

[ 08-07-2003: Message edited BYtheSEA ]
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

I have never seen the Original Star Wars.. My mom asked me to watch Episode One with her and Ewan was the reason I saw Episode Two. I'm going to wait until the third movie comes out before I watch the Originals [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Make Love, Not War
Stefanie
Old 08-08-2003, 10:20 AM
Absolute Fan

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] You've never seen the originals!! It's hard to believe that's possible, but I guess it is.

Ewan's not in them, so no rush there. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Absolute Fan

No rush there? No rush there?!?! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I had an accquaintance who wasn't even a really good friend at all who told me in 8th grade that she'd never seen Star Wars... I made her come over and watch all three of the OT movies in a row in one sitting [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Besides, you can't have the true Obi-Wan on a whole without my man Alec Guinness [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

You know, I don't think I'm really gonna be sad when there are no more SW movies. I don't think making a bunch of movies would be good anyway. So I'm just wanting Ep. III to be here NOW so I don't have to WAIT anymore!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Rach
Old 08-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was wondering when someone was going to start a thread for Obi.
I love the original SW movies. Anyone who didn't see them must asap! I saw them when I was really young. I think like 6 or 7 years old. So when I heard there were going to be prequels I *had* to see them. I'm so happy Ewan got the part cause he is a great Obi-Wan. I didn't know who he was until TPM so Thank God for SW. In the OT my fav character is R2D2 but in the prequels it's Obi-Wan. Not that I didn't like Obi-wan in the OT. Obi was always very wise [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] anyway I'll stop babbling. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the pictures. Rach you did not go overboard [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. I like his hair in TPM. It looks good short like that. I was reading this weeks EW & in the section about movies that will be on this week it says Obi-wan rocks a mullet...:grin: he sure does.

btw does anyone know how it was decided that Ewan would be Obi-wan and who he was up against?
Old 08-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2003, 12:48 AM
Absolute Fan

I love those pics because Ewan's got a great sense of humour but also because oh my word he looks so much like Alec [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] The SW and Obi-Wan die-hard since birth in me is itching for Ep. III [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

On the TPM dvd they had stuff about the casting, and with Ewan I think they sought him out because they were trying to think of young British actors who would be convincing as a young Alec Guinness. It might not have hurt that Ewan's uncle was in all the OT films, but I'm not really sure how he got involved exactly.

There's this great bit on the DVD where Ewan comes in to get a haircut for George to see if he really wants him to be Obi-Wan... and Ewan's hair is like, down to his shoulders and they buzzed it all off. Well, George's pre-teen daughter was there to meet Ewan (even though she had no idea who he was [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) and she's like picking the hair off the floor, collecting it going "Hey dad, look!" and George is nervously like "Uh, ok hunny, that's enough"

[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

I have to see if I can get that clip online from my dvd or at least pics because it is hillarious!

Rach
Old 08-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] that makes me want to buy TPM dvd. But I'm waiting for the OT and ep III to come out on dvd before I get it.
I'm looking foward to ep III coming out. I can't wait. But then when it does come out I know there will be nothing new to anticipate. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
I like Ewan's look for ep III. He looks like Alec Guinness in a way. I like his hair style better for this movie than ep II. He looks good next to his bike [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Absolute Fan

I won't really be sad because I'm not anticipating Ep. III just for the sake of another SW movie. I just want to see the conclusion to the saga, and I hope I'm happy with it. Have a feeling I'll be more than happy [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] That's the difference to me with SW and other series. You can't have one SW movie without the others, besides ANH (since they had to make it stand alone in case they couldn't fund the others). It's a saga, and it rocks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Rach
Old 08-12-2003, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope I'm not disappointed by ep III. I don't think I will be. I liked the ending of ep II a lot. How the space ships that we see through eps IV-VI are going up in the air. I think the ending is great. I hope the next film is very dark and ties everything together like GL said it would. He has a lot to put in ep III and I hope it all works out.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Ohhh, the shot of all the clonetroopers going into the starships and then showing Palpatine standing over them while the Imperial March played [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] So creepy. And Ep. III is gonna be way dark. A lot of SW fans are pushing for PG-13...

Something my friend and I were discussing about TPM the other day... Obi-Wan gets kicked in the head. A lot. I think 3 times in the Duel of the Fates? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I think it caused old Ben to be, ya know, not quite all there [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Obi-Wan gets kicked in the head by Jango, too, in AOTC [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Rach
Old 08-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He gets kicked in the head? I've never noticed that. When does it happen in AOTC? I know he did butt heads with Jango. That looked like it hurt.
PG-13 hmmm. It would be the only SW film to be PG-13. I wouldn't mind that. I doubt GL would give into it not being PG.

Quote:
I think it caused old Ben to be, ya know, not quite all there
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I never thought old obi was not all there. he was normal to me. old but normal. poor guy couldn't fight well.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Well actually GL himself said he was considering making it PG-13 he just hadn't made up his mind yet. The thing is that really AOTC got away with PG very slimly. Same with TPM actually. I mean, beheading and getting cut in half? That's kind of violent. If the Jedi Purges are on in Ep. III we're going to see the bad guys winning and the good guys all dying. That's kind of violent if you ask me.

Oh come on now, Ben lives in a desert and probably talks to himself a lot AND he wears a heavy robe even though his planet has two suns and is probably about 140 degrees F. I mean, the heat alone has to have had an effect on his brain. That, the drinking, the boots to the head... I think I've made my point [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

But you're right poor old Ben isn't too good of a fighter. Then again, Vader is very tame in that scene too. I love Ben's little scurries to the side that are so pathetic [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] There's this whole indepth thread on my fav SW board about personality characteristics in lightsabre fights and we have combed over every fight scene over and over so don't get me started [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Rach
Old 08-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

oh I didn't know that GL was considering making it PG-13. I hope in the end he does decide to make it PG-13. I know Britain had to cut out AOTC head butt because they thought that was too violent. I think the OT is more mild compared to the prequels. well...maybe except ESB.

every time i see obi & vader's fight in ANH and Ben is about to die I say to myself "No! you can still escape" but he never listens [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
Oh come on now, Ben lives in a desert and probably talks to himself a lot AND he wears a heavy robe even though his planet has two suns and is probably about 140 degrees F. I mean, the heat alone has to have had an effect on his brain. That, the drinking, the boots to the head... I think I've made my point
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] yea, I can see why he wouldn't be all there. He probably gets very lonely all by himself with no one to talk to. I know it's against Jedi rules but he should've found a girlfriend. He was still young when the empire took over. who would refuse young obi-wan?