Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I told Steph that with adrenaline I could lift a car. She didn't believe me.

Quote:

Ewan McGregor’s Faith-Based ‘Last Days in the Desert’ Bought by Broad Green

September 8, 2015
By Dave McNary

Broad Green Pictures has acquired Rodrigo Garcia’s “Last Days in the Desert,” starring Ewan McGregor in a dual role as Jesus and the Devil, for a 2016 release.

The film also stars Tye Sheridan, Ciaran Hinds and Ayelet Zurer. Producers are Bonnie Curtis and Julie Lynn of Mockingbird Pictures and Wicks Walker of Division Films.

“Last Days in the Desert” premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. It follows Jesus in an imagined chapter from his forty days of fasting and praying in the desert, including a battle with the Devil over the fate of an ordinary family in crisis.

The cinematographer is Emmanuel “Chivo” Lubezki, who has won the last two Oscars for best cinematography for “Birdman” and “Gravity.” Garcia worked with Lubezki on “Things You Can Tell Just by Looking at Her,” which was awarded Un Certain Regard at the 2000 Cannes Film Festival.

Broad Green Pictures will release the film through do-it-yourself distributor Tugg, the first time the two companies have partnered on a release following Broad Green’s investment in Tugg last year. “Last Days” will also be supported through specialty marketing agency Different Drummer.

“‘Last Days in the Desert’ is an ambitious and unique film that deserves an equally-as-unique release plan and pattern,” said Dylan Wiley, Broad Green’s president of specialty releasing.

The deal was brokered on behalf of the filmmakers by WME Global, while Wiley and Christopher Tricarico handled for Broad Green Pictures. Hanway Films is handling international sales for the film.

Source: Variety
Old 09-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Haha.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 10-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gorgeous sounds good.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

they should release clips so we can see how gorgeous it is instead of having to picture it in our heads.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 10-07-2015, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I was looking on imdb at Ewan's filmography yesterday and I was surprised that I am mostly up to date with his films. I thought a ton got released that I never saw.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

thanks for the article and tweet I hope it comes out in the spring and doesn't get bumped back to summer
Old 10-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppi (View Post)
thanks for the article and tweet I hope it comes out in the spring and doesn't get bumped back to summer
i wouldn't mind if it got pushed back to fall because then Oscar chances are greater.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fingers crossed for great results.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

every year I hope he's nominated and every year I am disappointed.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

so the year I don't think he has a chance will be the year I am surprised.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Haha, then start thinking that from now on.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ewan will never win. ever ever.