Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ha, imagine having your flesh and blood in a movie with Ewan McGregor. You'd have access to behind the scenes stuff and passes to all the premieres.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I imagining Ewan trying and failing to understand my nanny. It'd be like when he was playing charades with non English speakers during his motorbike trips.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

On set photo

How to Solve the Stephen King Adaptation Puzzle
Old 09-20-2019, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nice.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This part of the article made me go hmmmmm

Quote:
Lesson No. 4: But don’t be too loyal

MUSCHIETTI The whole idea of adapting a story into a film is about translating it into a different language, and that language has its own exclamation points and question marks. When you adapt a book into a movie, the book is not always tense in the way you need it to be. So you need to come up with new things, and you have to discard things that are not useful for cinematic escalation. The scene in “Chapter Two” where Pennywise bashes his head against the fun house wall, for example, was not in the book, but there wasn’t a scene that gave you that kind of anxiety at that point in the story.

The structure of the book is fascinating. But you think you’re catching a rhythm, and then it’s interrupted by Mike Hanlon’s interludes. Or it goes back to 1958, and you get this really experiential section that goes into each character and their minds. If you adapted the book with that same structure, it wouldn’t be a very interesting cinematic experience.

FLANAGAN My whole pitch for the movie hinged on the Overlook Hotel, which burns down at the end of the novel but is still standing at the end of the film. In [“Doctor Sleep”], King makes it so clear out of the gate that he’s ignoring the Kubrick film. And while I’m such a Stephen King fan, as someone who had experienced the Kubrick film at a young age and had been influenced by it in a really profound way, it was really difficult to reconcile this schizophrenic experience. All of the visual language I associate with the characters and with the Overlook Hotel was Kubrick’s language, but all of the characterizations and story lines were King’s.

“The Shining” might not be a very good adaptation of the book, but you can’t argue that it isn’t a masterpiece of cinema and that it’s defined how an entire generation views horror. My argument to King was that if we’re going to be revisiting the world of Dan Torrance and of the Overlook, we’re kind of obliged to do so in the language that the world knows. And like it or not, that language was Kubrick’s.

His initial reaction was no, he did not want to go back into the world of Kubrick. But the more I was able to explain to him how I was going to do it he said, “O.K., under those circumstances, go for it.” Had he not endorsed that, I wouldn’t have done the movie. There was no upside for me to be part of yet another adaptation set within the world of the Overlook Hotel that was going to upset Steve.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Slash posted this yesterday:

Quote:
Happy Birthday #StephenKing ! iiii]; )'

Old 09-22-2019, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Slash really loves him. Maybe he should get cast in a SK film.

Think DS will have Dies Irae in it?

https://youtu.be/-3-bVRYRnSM
Old 09-23-2019, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ha, funny. Slash should play that tune.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He should. It can be the intro do his next album.

I started seeing commercials for the movie on tv.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not me. These are the two commercials I keep seeing a lot lately.

I don't mind, though.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the commercial with the dog knowing it did bad.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

So adorable.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It should be law that every single commercial must have a dog in it.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 09-27-2019, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

DS should have a dog in it.