Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

Big Fish #2: He's a Big Fish in a Small Pond

Wow, thread #2! Just in time for its Filipino release! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Answer to your question: Filipino distributors basically choose how to release the films they have and when... if ever.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

it's good that they chose to release it. even if it is only in 2 theaters. the dvd is coming out soon in the US. my mom promised she'd see it with me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 12:27 AM
Absolute Fan

I really wish I could find out how long Big Fish will be at the $1 theater. It could just be until Friday. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I hope not, my Mom was going to go with me. I can go to the early showing, but she has to work. She can go to a later showing, but then I have to work. The only time we are both free are Sundays and Mondays (those are my off days).

Unfortunately, with the holiday and all, we were unable to get there yesterday or today.

I'm still planning to see it. Probably tomorrow, if I don't stay up too late.
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

It's bad not all Ewan fans are able to see the movie. Not only him was great, the movie was really great, everyone should be able to see it [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I thought Spain was really late in releases but for what i'm seeing it's not. We got it in march. I'd like to see it again, but I guess i'll have to wait until it comes out in DVD.
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 04-13-2004, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

The film opens tomorrow. I'll likely catch it on Thursday, then Saturday, and finally Sunday. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Must support Ewan! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

wow three times.

I dl'd the script but I still have to read it. I never have the time to.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:56 AM
Absolute Fan

Woo hoo! I saw it today! It was great, as usual.

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Something occurred to me this time, I feel bad for Helena Bonham Carter ... she got so close to actually kissing Ewan but then doesn't get to. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Isn't that sad?
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

id just go for it, with an oppertunity like that. jump at him from across the room [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
id probably be scared out of my mind, to tell you the truth [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

alex
Old 04-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

If I were Helena I'd kiss Ewan even though it wasn't in the script. It could be part of the bloopers. Then I'd do it the script way for the next take. Although wouldn't it be weird kissing someone else while your boyfriend is in the room?
Old 04-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh, I think it'd still be worth it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I really want to take my Brit to see BF this weekend at the dollar theatre, but I'm not sure we'll have time. We already have a play to go to Friday night and we're seeing Kill Bill Volume 2 Saturday... I don't think we're doing anything Sunday afternoon, though. Hmm...

Rach
Old 04-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Absolute Fan

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] It's gone again. I only got to see it one last time on the big screen. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

Luckily, the DVD will be out in about a week and a half. I can't wait!

Check out the features (according to Amazon) ...

Quote:
DVD Features:
* Commentary by Tim Burton
* Four Filmmaker's Featurettes:
* Tim Burton: Storyteller - A look at the director's process
* A Fairytale World - Tim Burton and cast discuss the importance of myths and fairytales
* Creature Features - The magic of Stan Winston studios
* The Author's Journey - Daniel Wallace's story from page to screen
* Three Character Featurettes:
* Edward Bloom at Large - Takes a look at the larger-than-life world of Edward Bloom
* Amos at the Circus - Danny DeVito takes viewers through the Calloway Circus
* Fathers and Sons - Examines the father and son dynamic
* The Finer Points - A Tim Burton Trivia Quiz: interactive trivia game
* Widescreen anamorphic format
Sounds good.

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Anybody know how Tim is with commentary?

[ 04-15-2004: Message edited BYtheSEA ]
Old 04-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

those are very good special features. i love when dvds are filled with them.
i don't know hot burton is with commentary. i'm sure he'll be good since he seems like he has a lot of energy all the time & will focus that to talking.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Absolute Fan

I think he should be good. I'm so mad, though, because I have several commentaries on DVDs that I have heard are good but haven't had time yet to watch. I have to remember to make time for the BF one because I love the film so much and because I really want to hear Burton's take on it.

Hey, Vic, I love your Conan icon [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Rach
Old 04-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks, Rach [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] There's so many Conan movements I wanted to have as an av but this was the only animation I could find. I love it though.
Old 04-18-2004, 03:00 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] We just got the movie and it's only showing in one theater I think. I saw it yesterday and absolutely loved it. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I was like "Marry me Edward Bloom!" to young Edward of course. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Great film.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread