Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Some people even use their backyard to store junk.
I'm happy to report we did not go that far.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

The backyard is a whole other level. That is hoarder territory, I think.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Definitely. The good thing is that we do not have animals (wild or otherwise) living in this house.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

You never wanted a family pet? A dog, perhaps? Like Cosmo?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

When I was a kid I wanted a dog, but now I know I wouldn't take care of one properly. I love dalmations and golden retrievers, but I can't own one.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

It's good that you're honest about it. Dogs do take some work. I am, however, very lucky that I have the laziest dog in the world. She isn't so keen on taking walks. She would rather lounge around on the couch all day. Some breeds need a lot of activity-- I don't think I'd be a good owner for one of those breeds.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Having a lazy dog makes things easier, but does taking her to the vet become a pain in the butt?
Old 02-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Elite Fan

We don't take her to the vet that often. *knock on wood* She has her teeth cleaned on occasion and she needs shots every 3 years or so. But, it's not such a big deal. (When we first got her she had to have major surgery, though. So it wasn't always this easy, I guess.)
Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Aw What did she need surgery for?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

She wasn't spayed when we got her (she came from a breeder-- we adopted her b/c she couldn't be bred). We had JUST gotten her so we thought she was really scared of us because she wouldn't move around very much. After a couple days she started whimpering when we tried to pick her up so we took her to the vet. Turned out she had a horrible infection in her uterus and it needed to be removed asap or she would die. She was already so sick she was in liver failure and the vet wasn't sure she'd pull through, but we weren't willing to let her go down without a fight. So we paid for the surgery and she spent a week in the animal hospital hooked up to an IV. After that, she recovered perfectly and she's been great ever since. Worth every penny of the surgery.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm glad everything worked out well. Poor, girl. I hate seeing / hearing about animals in pain. How long have you had her?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

We've had her for 6 wonderful years. Like I said, worth every penny of that surgery. She's the absolute sweetest and I love her to pieces.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They do say owning a pet improves the owner(s)' life and happiness.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

It makes me a happier person, no doubt about it. Something about the unconditional love that dogs give, really brightens the mood.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

I love that the dog from this movie inspired Ewan to adopt Sid.