Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2011, 02:40 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gped (View Post)
I love Martin Freeman! And Holmes Jan. 1st? Where can Americans access it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkprincess29
And can anyone tell me when it will be available in India???
I'm not sure if it will be available for anyone outside of the UK anytime soon Maybe it'll be made available via iplayer on the networks homepage
Old 12-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you Nad,,, for ur Info...
Old 12-31-2011, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think you can use iPlayer outside the UK, I can't use it in Germany
Old 01-01-2012, 02:20 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully everyone will be able to watch the new series of Sherlock soon
Old 01-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unless a dream (View Post)
I don't think you can use iPlayer outside the UK, I can't use it in Germany
Oh,,, that's disappointing....
Old 01-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I am sure it will be out there soon.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:20 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

He had some great lines again in the first episode of series 2 and I totally want to read Watson's blog

ETA: Turns out there is a blog - follow me
Old 01-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
He had some great lines again in the first episode of series 2 and I totally want to read Watson's blog

ETA: Turns out there is a blog - follow me
Thanks for sharing the, Nad Off to check it out
Old 01-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Martin Freeman Talks Sherlock
On hound-hunting, Jude Law and rebooted hair

2011 saw Martin Freeman zipping back and forth between hemispheres as he worked alternate shifts on The Hobbit and the second series of Sherlock. Empire caught him on Sherlock's Cardiff set in early August — fortunately neither Smaug the dragon nor Moriarty were around — and sat him down in the BBC canteen to find out what's changed on Baker Street.

Warning: This interview does contain spoilers.

Are you feeling the pressure, coming back for Series 2?
There are lots of things that keep me awake at night, but work isn't one of them. I mean, no-one's going to die if someone doesn’t like what I do. So I don’t feel a great pressure. The first day of The Hobbit was nervy, but in a fun way, and with Sherlock obviously the success of the first series helps. At least a few people loved it, so hopefully we’ll have a fair bit of goodwill for the second series. Unless we **** it up!

Has the relationship between Watson and Holmes changed?
It's become more of a partnership. John is now only half a step behind Sherlock, as opposed to six steps.

It’s developed like any other relationship. By the end of the first series, you saw John and Sherlock's friendship move on: I went from being just purely agog at everything he did, to being quite pissed off at some of the things he did. That road is explored further in the new series. But it's become more of a partnership. John is now only half a step behind Sherlock, as opposed to six steps.

What is Watson's reaction to Sherlock falling for Irene Adler in the first episode?
He’s not jealous. John thinks it would be much healthier if Sherlock had a relationship with a human being, as opposed to a book or a theory. In the interim between seasons, John’s had some fun and he'd like Sherlock to do the same. I think it makes Sherlock a bit more human in John’s eyes, although he happens to be falling in love with someone who’s as insane as he is. So for John it's, "Oh Christ, there’s two of them now." Irene is not the girl next door - she's brilliantly analytical and clever and cold and ruthless. It’s interesting watching these two people, who are essentially the same animal, attract and repel each other.

This series is out at the same time as Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game Of Shadows. Is there any competitiveness between you and rival Watson Jude Law?
Well, obviously Jude has the misfortune of not being very good-looking, so he has to watch jealously. No, we all went to see the first film and came away going, "We wanted to hate that, but we didn't." It was very entertaining and I love Jude. He’s good.

Watson gets married in Game Of Shadows. Do you see that happening in your show?
I'm sure that's something that may happen, depending on how long we keep doing this for. It's sort of intimated in this series that John's had a few girlfriends since we last saw the characters. Sherlock isn't happy about that. He sees it as a waste of time and a distraction.

(Note by Nad: cut this out as he's talking about the 2nd episode of series 2, follow the link below to read what he has to say)

And what’s up with the buzz cut?
John actually started out the first series with short hair, as he'd just got back from Afghanistan and was still in military mode. As the season went on, he relaxed and it got longer, but we decided to give it a cut this year. Short hair subconsciously says that this is a man ready for action. His wits are sharper.
Source
Old 01-09-2012, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you Nad....
Old 01-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing, Nad Loved it!

Quote:
Well, obviously Jude has the misfortune of not being very good-looking, so he has to watch jealously.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Of course
Old 01-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

^ Definitely one of the best answers ever

Martin Freeman also was on the Graham Norton show the other day, talking a bit about Sherlock and The Hobbit

Make sure to not eat or drink while watching as some of his answers will crack you up Disclaimer: Please note that he's using the 'F-word' at one point.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for sharing that,,Nad.....
Closed Thread   Post New Thread