Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2015, 11:27 AM
  #106
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Of.You (View Post)
I'm probably not the best person to ask, since I only saw Insurgent as I said I'd watch with my friend who had nobody to see it with. I didn't like it, tbh. It's not my thing and it kinda irritated me with how it came across to me.
Spoiler:

BUT, I haven't read the book or anything and I don't know a thing about the franchise, so I'm not a good judge I did, however, like Jai Courtney.
I read the first book a while back and saw the first movie the other day - that's about it. Not sure about the wall tbh, can't remember what it said in the book or if that little titbit was even mentioned in the first one. Clearly prefer the THG books though.

That said, Jai Courtney, Theo James and others make it worth watching... kinda

Quote:
I missed that because I was at the cinema, but it sounded like a good game.
It was a pretty good game, even though the defense and offense still need a lot of improvement.

Quote:
I just watched Bayern - Bayer Leverkusen, and oh my god. I can't believe that ended up at penalties
Did you see Thiago going all Kung Fu against Kiessling? I have absolutely no idea how he even got away with a yellow card

It was a pretty close match, so both teams kinda deserved to win. Leverkusen just has bad luck when it comes to penalties

Quote:
And now the draw happened and it's going to be BVB - Bayern
That's gonna be intense



Good luck! I hate dentists [/QUOTE]
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 04-09-2015, 01:49 PM
  #107
Elite Fan

 
Ghost.Of.You's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 46,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
I read the first book a while back and saw the first movie the other day - that's about it. Not sure about the wall tbh, can't remember what it said in the book or if that little titbit was even mentioned in the first one. Clearly prefer the THG books though.

That said, Jai Courtney, Theo James and others make it worth watching... kinda
I had a friend of mine who's read those books explain the wall to me and stuff, but it still makes no sense to me, from what little I know about it all I would have to agree, I liked THG, both books and movies.

I'm a rare human who doesn't like Theo; I think it's because I just picture him in The Inbetweeners movie, where I wanted to slap him


Quote:
It was a pretty good game, even though the defense and offense still need a lot of improvement.
Hopefully they can improve and build their game better.


Quote:
Did you see Thiago going all Kung Fu against Kiessling? I have absolutely no idea how he even got away with a yellow card
I DID. I have no idea how he got away with that, I don't know what he was thinking to even raise his boots the way he did, but he was a very lucky boy to get away with it.

Quote:
It was a pretty close match, so both teams kinda deserved to win. Leverkusen just has bad luck when it comes to penalties
It always kills me to see them take penalties. That said though, these penalties were a lot better than the last ones they took, which were 1000% awful. At least they were actually hitting the target - it's just a shame they were up against Neuer and the Bayern guys took beautiful penalties that all hit their mark.


Quote:
That's gonna be intense
It is! Again! People are already saying Bayern will knock BVB out, but stranger things have happened... I'm not counting Bayern as safe at all, not with BVB's up and down rollercoaster they've been lately.
__________________
you're looking at the
g h o s t of me.
v i c k itwittericon
Ghost.Of.You is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 04:05 PM
  #108
Fan Forum Star

 
miranstarr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 142,789
How's everyone doing? So glad it's the weekend.
__________________
MeeTumblrAvengersHemsworth EvansEXOK-Popicon
miranstarr is offline  
Old 04-11-2015, 03:16 AM
  #109
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
How's everyone doing? So glad it's the weekend.
Doing good and ready for a quiet and hopefully sunny weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Of.You (View Post)
I had a friend of mine who's read those books explain the wall to me and stuff, but it still makes no sense to me, from what little I know about it all I would have to agree, I liked THG, both books and movies.
There are books that explain the background and stuff?

Quote:
I'm a rare human who doesn't like Theo; I think it's because I just picture him in The Inbetweeners movie, where I wanted to slap him
I haven't seen the movie, so I have no idea

Quote:
Hopefully they can improve and build their game better.
There's a lot of work to do I wonder how many players might leave after the season, but they'll also need to get some new players I suppose.

Quote:
I DID. I have no idea how he got away with that, I don't know what he was thinking to even raise his boots the way he did, but he was a very lucky boy to get away with it.
At first I thought the referee might go with a yellow/red card (wasn't sure if he'd had seen yellow previously in the game). He should really thank the ref for leaving it at that.

Quote:
It always kills me to see them take penalties. That said though, these penalties were a lot better than the last ones they took, which were 1000% awful. At least they were actually hitting the target - it's just a shame they were up against Neuer and the Bayern guys took beautiful penalties that all hit their mark.
True, they were better than the last ones, even though they were still not that good - some players might have been intimidated by Neuer

Quote:
It is! Again! People are already saying Bayern will knock BVB out, but stranger things have happened... I'm not counting Bayern as safe at all, not with BVB's up and down rollercoaster they've been lately.
Bayern isn't as reliable as they used to be, so everything is possible
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 04-11-2015, 10:15 AM
  #110
Fan Forum Star

 
bring me home's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 136,284
*runs in* HIiii! Nad I miss you!
__________________
Groot! Put your seat belt on!
bring me home is offline  
Old 04-11-2015, 12:29 PM
  #111
Elite Fan

 
Ghost.Of.You's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 46,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
How's everyone doing? So glad it's the weekend.
I'm good, loving the sun! How about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
There are books that explain the background and stuff?
Of THG or Divergent? Well, the friend that explained it me was explaining details from the second book I think


Quote:
I haven't seen the movie, so I have no idea
I think it was an English thing, it went along with the show


Quote:
At first I thought the referee might go with a yellow/red card (wasn't sure if he'd had seen yellow previously in the game). He should really thank the ref for leaving it at that.
Crowd reaction, commentator reaction... everyone's reaction bar the ref had him being sent off, I think. I was amazed he didn't get sent off for it.


Quote:
True, they were better than the last ones, even though they were still not that good - some players might have been intimidated by Neuer
Probably. I mean, that's one hell of a keeper to come up against, a lot of players are intimidated by him in a normal situation, so penalties must be quite worrying for some.


Quote:
Bayern isn't as reliable as they used to be, so everything is possible
Yes, exactly. They've had a few slips, and currently have a lot of injured players, so anything could happen.
__________________
you're looking at the
g h o s t of me.
v i c k itwittericon
Ghost.Of.You is offline  
Old 04-13-2015, 09:40 AM
  #112
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockholm syndrome (View Post)
*runs in* HIiii! Nad I miss you!
Jeeeeeeeeenn How's that hubby of yours?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Of.You (View Post)
Of THG or Divergent? Well, the friend that explained it me was explaining details from the second book I think
Divergent Even though I'm not sure if there aren't such books for THG as well

Quote:
I think it was an English thing, it went along with the show
Haven't seen the show either, so I'm completely clueless 0

Quote:
Crowd reaction, commentator reaction... everyone's reaction bar the ref had him being sent off, I think. I was amazed he didn't get sent off for it.
Exactly, everyone but the ref and the linesman - which is weird.

Quote:
Probably. I mean, that's one hell of a keeper to come up against, a lot of players are intimidated by him in a normal situation, so penalties must be quite worrying for some.
That's what I was thinking - penalties are worrying enough, add Neuer to the mix and things do downhill fast

Quote:
Yes, exactly. They've had a few slips, and currently have a lot of injured players, so anything could happen.
Right I was laughing so hard at Pep sitting on that chair for the penalties though

Are you guys watching GoT?
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 04-13-2015, 05:15 PM
  #113
Elite Fan

 
Ghost.Of.You's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 46,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
Divergent Even though I'm not sure if there aren't such books for THG as well
Someone has probably made one somewhere


Quote:
Haven't seen the show either, so I'm completely clueless 0
Yes, it's very much an English thing. The US tried to make it and it flopped, much to the amusement of everyone here who ripped it to shreds.


Quote:
That's what I was thinking - penalties are worrying enough, add Neuer to the mix and things do downhill fast
That's so true, especially if someone isn't confident on penalties, to come up against Neuer must be terrifying.


Quote:
Right I was laughing so hard at Pep sitting on that chair for the penalties though
That was so priceless!!

Quote:
Are you guys watching GoT?
I didn't even get past season 1


Ugh, life, always throwing lemons!
__________________
you're looking at the
g h o s t of me.
v i c k itwittericon
Ghost.Of.You is offline  
Old 04-14-2015, 09:20 AM
  #114
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Of.You (View Post)
Someone has probably made one somewhere
Not sure if I want to find it though

Quote:
Yes, it's very much an English thing. The US tried to make it and it flopped, much to the amusement of everyone here who ripped it to shreds.
I really don't know why they always have to remake good movies/shows... it just goes beyond wrong most of the time

Quote:
That's so true, especially if someone isn't confident on penalties, to come up against Neuer must be terrifying.
It must be the worst thing


Quote:
That was so priceless!!
At first I thought I was seeing things I was like 'there's no way he's sitting there like that'


Quote:
I didn't even get past season 1
Guess I'll flail over it on my own

Quote:
Ugh, life, always throwing lemons!
Tell me about it
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 04-14-2015, 08:31 PM
  #115
Fan Forum Star

 
miranstarr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 142,789
I don't watch GoT either. Just not my thing. I don't even watch most of the popular shows.
__________________
MeeTumblrAvengersHemsworth EvansEXOK-Popicon
miranstarr is offline  
Old 04-15-2015, 11:17 AM
  #116
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
I don't watch GoT either. Just not my thing. I don't even watch most of the popular shows.
GoT is one of the very few shows I'm still watching TBH

Which ones are you watching?

Vicki, did you hear about Klopp leaving BVB after the season?
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 04-16-2015, 09:23 AM
  #117
Elite Fan

 
Ghost.Of.You's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 46,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
Not sure if I want to find it though
I'm like that, I don't like to know every little detail.


Quote:
I really don't know why they always have to remake good movies/shows... it just goes beyond wrong most of the time
Amen! It's bugging me right now in general how seemingly a lot of the movies and such coming out are re-makes. It's re-makes for the sake of it, it's so pointless.


Quote:
At first I thought I was seeing things I was like 'there's no way he's sitting there like that'
He is a gem at times and really cracks me up with the things he does. He looked so stressed perched on his little chair.


Quote:
Guess I'll flail over it on my own
Have you read the books, Nad?


Quote:
Tell me about it
It's a pain in the ass, just getting into a rhythm of sorts, an it gets shot out again!


Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
I don't watch GoT either. Just not my thing. I don't even watch most of the popular shows.
What's top of your watch list right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
Vicki, did you hear about Klopp leaving BVB after the season?
I did I'm sad for BVB, it won't be the same without him, he's such a strong character. It'll be weird seeing them without him on the sidelines. It does make me wonder if this will influence Hummels into staying/going.

Bayern were so bad yesterday I was glad when my stream dropped out
__________________
you're looking at the
g h o s t of me.
v i c k itwittericon
Ghost.Of.You is offline  
Old 04-16-2015, 10:09 AM
  #118
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Of.You (View Post)
I'm like that, I don't like to know every little detail.
Exactly, a bit of suspense never hurts IMO.

Quote:
Amen! It's bugging me right now in general how seemingly a lot of the movies and such coming out are re-makes. It's re-makes for the sake of it, it's so pointless.
They're like "oh, look at this cute Little show/movie that is so big in *insert country here*, we have to copy it and bring it to the US" What's wrong with just buying the rights and showing the original in the US?

Quote:
He is a gem at times and really cracks me up with the things he does. He looked so stressed perched on his little chair.
He did! He looked even more stresse last night.

Quote:
Have you read the books, Nad?
I've read the first three books The others will follow at one Point.

Quote:
It's a pain in the ass, just getting into a rhythm of sorts, an it gets shot out again!
Meh, so annoying

Quote:
I did I'm sad for BVB, it won't be the same without him, he's such a strong character. It'll be weird seeing them without him on the sidelines. It does make me wonder if this will influence Hummels into staying/going.
I kinda called it a few weeks ago, though. He made a comment about leaving if he felt like not reaching the team any longer and I think it's the right thing to do, as much as I'll miss him on the sidelines. I'm sure he'll find a new team soon.

As to Mats - I think it might increase the chances of him staying actually. New trainer, new opportunities and such. I wonder whom they'll hire though.

Quote:
Bayern were so bad yesterday I was glad when my stream dropped out
Duuuude, I started watching a few minutes late and the first thing I saw was Neuer on his 'rescue mission' and the resulting penalty. He must have been beyond lucky for not seeing a red Card during he game. Thought the might come back when they scored the 2:1, but overall very poor performance Definitely one of the worst in most recent history.
__________________
Nad is offline  
Old 04-17-2015, 10:18 AM
  #119
Elite Fan

 
Ghost.Of.You's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 46,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
Exactly, a bit of suspense never hurts IMO.
Agreed!


Quote:
They're like "oh, look at this cute Little show/movie that is so big in *insert country here*, we have to copy it and bring it to the US" What's wrong with just buying the rights and showing the original in the US?
Right? It baffles me, especially with a show like The Inbetweeners, there was 0 chance of the humour in that show transferring properly in a re-make, and they proved that within 10 minutes of it starting Play originals!!


Quote:
He did! He looked even more stresse last night.
I reckon he's gonna be a lot more stressed now a lot is coming to light about how he behaved with our Medical Team. So badly that they have all resigned - and the season isn't even over That was truly horrible behaviour, and I can't believe all the Medical Staff have resigned and gone, they have been there for YEARS, this is horrible!


Quote:
I've read the first three books The others will follow at one Point.
I'm tempted to try reading the books, since the books tend to be better - but I don't know if I should. What's your opinion on them?


Quote:
I kinda called it a few weeks ago, though. He made a comment about leaving if he felt like not reaching the team any longer and I think it's the right thing to do, as much as I'll miss him on the sidelines. I'm sure he'll find a new team soon.

As to Mats - I think it might increase the chances of him staying actually. New trainer, new opportunities and such. I wonder whom they'll hire though.
I saw him make those comments, too. I didn't think it would be so fast though, it seems to have just erupted and he's going. I'm sure it won't take him long to find a new club, too. I will miss his comical antics and press conference replies, though

Oh, that may be true, it would be good for him to work with new people. I guess we'll see what he does, but if he were to leave the same time Klopp goes, he's going to be a hated man in Dortmund, which I would not like to see.


Quote:
Duuuude, I started watching a few minutes late and the first thing I saw was Neuer on his 'rescue mission' and the resulting penalty. He must have been beyond lucky for not seeing a red Card during he game. Thought the might come back when they scored the 2:1, but overall very poor performance Definitely one of the worst in most recent history.
I mean, that was typical Neuer, but he needs to remember how big he is; because I swear he forgets Some of these challenges he has come off 10x worse because his opponents - compared to him - are often small, so they fold in half at some of his challenges They need to just let him play in midfield for a game ever few months to calm him down or something

But yes, I was glad when my stream gave out at half-time, it was physically painful to watch that performance from them, I can't remember a game being that bad in ages Just hope they can turn it around now... though it seems atm we're just adding to the injured list
__________________
you're looking at the
g h o s t of me.
v i c k itwittericon
Ghost.Of.You is offline  
Old 04-17-2015, 11:28 AM
  #120
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

 
Nad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 81,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Of.You (View Post)
Right? It baffles me, especially with a show like The Inbetweeners, there was 0 chance of the humour in that show transferring properly in a re-make, and they proved that within 10 minutes of it starting Play originals!!
Right! They Need to come up with good shows on their own and if they do, give them a chance and not cancel them if the ratings aren't a huge hit from the get go.

Quote:
I reckon he's gonna be a lot more stressed now a lot is coming to light about how he behaved with our Medical Team. So badly that they have all resigned - and the season isn't even over That was truly horrible behaviour, and I can't believe all the Medical Staff have resigned and gone, they have been there for YEARS, this is horrible!
I was so baffled last night. Mueller-Wohlfahrt has been there since forever and for him to step down, something huge must have happened. To blame the medical team for the loss in Porto is just wrong, the medical team weren't on the pitch and how are the medical team to blame for individual faults? I don't get it.

Like they haven't enough going on already

Quote:
I'm tempted to try reading the books, since the books tend to be better - but I don't know if I should. What's your opinion on them?
I like the books, but the show is a more condensed version, which is at times a good thing. George RR Martin has a tendency to write long winded, so the books are good, but tthey have their lengths

Quote:
I saw him make those comments, too. I didn't think it would be so fast though, it seems to have just erupted and he's going. I'm sure it won't take him long to find a new club, too. I will miss his comical antics and press conference replies, though
I read a comment today, someone mentioned that if Pep were to be let go in Bayern, he could go to BVB and Klopp could go to Bayern... I'm sure that would go over well - not

There's also speculation he might end up in England.

Quote:
Oh, that may be true, it would be good for him to work with new people. I guess we'll see what he does, but if he were to leave the same time Klopp goes, he's going to be a hated man in Dortmund, which I would not like to see.
I just hope a decision will be reached before the end of the season, they don't need extra stuff to deal with in preparation for the new season.

Quote:
I mean, that was typical Neuer, but he needs to remember how big he is; because I swear he forgets Some of these challenges he has come off 10x worse because his opponents - compared to him - are often small, so they fold in half at some of his challenges They need to just let him play in midfield for a game ever few months to calm him down or something

But yes, I was glad when my stream gave out at half-time, it was physically painful to watch that performance from them, I can't remember a game being that bad in ages Just hope they can turn it around now... though it seems atm we're just adding to the injured list
Agreed on all counts. I'm not a Bayern fan, but as a football fan in general it was painful to watch, especially if you know how good they can be.
__________________
Nad is offline  
 

Bookmarks


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:36 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST