Old 08-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

hehe she is

where is that from?

{}
fire for a heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't watched that movie so, I don't know!

It's from Poldark, the new series Aidan is shooting
Ghost.Of.You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Beautiful picture
Old 08-26-2014, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the little arrow in the title
Old 08-27-2014, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

how did you make the arrow?
Old 08-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I watched The Mortal Instruments last night and was staring at the Luke character going 'I know who that is...who the heck is that?!'

Then I looked it up and saw it was Aidan
Old 08-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
how did you make the arrow?
99% sure you can just copy and paste them from other sites that list lots of icons like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm still here (View Post)
I watched The Mortal Instruments last night and was staring at the Luke character going 'I know who that is...who the heck is that?!'

I hate it when that happens, always amusing though!

I still haven't watched TMI, what did you think of it?
Old 09-01-2014, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:

it's why I watched the movie. The Hobbit too.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I have TMI available on Amazon Prime now. I might get around to watching it soon. Although going against my ideals, I would be watching just for Aidan's performance because as a lover of the books, I really didn't like the rest of the casting for that movie.

So I'm basically wandering around the board just dropping random musings and raising potential discussion points because I'm sat at home, needing to go into town but realizing that I have no money to spend a.k.a - bored.

I know that Kili is marketed as the 'hot dwarf' because of Aidan but in the context of the story, it occurred to me that Kili is probably considered the ugliest among his fellow dwarves. He is the youngest (debatable because of Ori) and he doesn't have much of a beard which I gather is a turn-off in dwarf culture. Even the few dwarf women are proud of their beards so to only have faint stubble must be quite shameful for the poor dwarfling. Taking this from Richard Armitage's backstory of Thorin, Thorin purposely keeps his beard short because he is a king-in-exile and therefore living in disgrace. It is also an homage to his grandfather and father whose beards were singed during the attack of Smaug. When he reclaims Erebor, he will let it grow again so it really goes to show that beards are a huge deal with the dwarves. Also, an added interesting point - the back story for Bombur via Stephen Hunter suggests that because of his vast size and incredible beard, Bombur is the ladies' man among dwarves. Although not canon, the BTS of 'The Hobbit' tells us that Bombur has 14 children.

So going off of all of that, Kili probably gets the least female attention in the dwarf world. He's probably perceived as a little boy and easily dismissed which is quite a spin on things given how the ladies swoon over him in reality. It's no wonder he is enchanted when Tauriel pays so much attention to him.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Athos: I'll punch you so hard, you'll beg me to kick you
LadyMaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMaia (View Post)
I know that Kili is marketed as the 'hot dwarf' because of Aidan but in the context of the story, it occurred to me that Kili is probably considered the ugliest among his fellow dwarves. He is the youngest (debatable because of Ori) and he doesn't have much of a beard which I gather is a turn-off in dwarf culture. Even the few dwarf women are proud of their beards so to only have faint stubble must be quite shameful for the poor dwarfling. Taking this from Richard Armitage's backstory of Thorin, Thorin purposely keeps his beard short because he is a king-in-exile and therefore living in disgrace. It is also an homage to his grandfather and father whose beards were singed during the attack of Smaug. When he reclaims Erebor, he will let it grow again so it really goes to show that beards are a huge deal with the dwarves. Also, an added interesting point - the back story for Bombur via Stephen Hunter suggests that because of his vast size and incredible beard, Bombur is the ladies' man among dwarves. Although not canon, the BTS of 'The Hobbit' tells us that Bombur has 14 children.

So going off of all of that, Kili probably gets the least female attention in the dwarf world. He's probably perceived as a little boy and easily dismissed which is quite a spin on things given how the ladies swoon over him in reality. It's no wonder he is enchanted when Tauriel pays so much attention to him.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
I reckon this is probably why he's so enchanted by her. Not only is she an elf, which I'm gathering Kili has never seen before. But, she is talking to him. She saved him, how is that not going to leave an impact on a young dwarf? Especially when he's lived with his very gorgeous older brother (I'm just saying, that's a fact, and I'm not biased at all) who is very typical dwarf - with his beard and what not, so it's probably a relief to him to have some attention for once.

Though, gotta say, it did irk me a little that Aidan grew his amazing beard only to be shaved down to stubble. Damn it
Old 09-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

okay thanks

nice arrow

{}
fire for a heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Haha I think he was one of the main reasons I watched it I loved him in Being Himan
Old 09-29-2014, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

tortured vampire suits him well
Old 10-04-2014, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Has he got much planned right now?
Old 10-05-2014, 07:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile again (View Post)
Has he got much planned right now?
He should be finishing up Poldark soon, and then I'm not sure what he's up to, it's all pretty quiet on the Irish front
Reply   Post New Thread