Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Bard the Bowman/Luke Evans Appreciation #1

Bard the Bowman: Later known as Bard I, he appears in The Hobbit. Bard of Esgaroth was a skilled archer and the heir of Girion, the last king of old Dale. He was described as "grim faced" and while a guardsman of Esgaroth he was often predicting floods and poisoned fish. He rallied the guards to defend the town when the Dragon came.

Luke Evans: Luke Evans was born in Pontypool, Wales but grew up in Abergargoed, South Wales. He moved to Cardiff at the age 17. His full resume can be found here.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

I thought we already had a thread for him for some reason

Anyhow, I stumbled upon this article the other day - can we say he looks quite nice in a tux?

Quote:
How to get BAFTA worthy black tie with Jeremy Hackett & Luke Evans
By Nick Carvell, Photos by Michael Gray
08 February 13

"I'm more of a single-breasted man," Luke Evans tells GQ as he browses the dinner suits hanging from the rails in Hackett's elegant three-storey store on London's Sloane Street. Having starred in Hollywood blockbusters such as Immortals and Clash of the Titans, as well as well-received Brit flick Tamara Drewe, Evans isn't exactly a first timer when it comes to premiere-standard black tie. For the BAFTAs on Sunday night, the English tailor has not only been selected by the 33 year old Welsh actor, but also by the Academy as the sole menswear sponsor for the event. Here go behind the scenes at Luke Evans' BAFTA fitting, accompanied by expert recommendations from Jeremy Hackett…
Follow the link for the images and further notes
Old 02-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well he is yummy!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

That he is

I still need to check out some of his work
Old 02-15-2013, 03:12 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Someone's busy

Quote:
Luke’s train job

HEART-THROB Luke Evans is to play the man who masterminded the Great Train Robbery in a new TV drama.

Luke, 33, best known for playing Aramis in the Three Musketeers movie, told TV Biz he will play the lead role of Bruce Reynolds in the two-part drama.

Bruce hatched the plan for the 1963 mail train heist, at the time Britain’s biggest ever robbery, with a haul worth £41million in today’s money.

Luke said: “I am really looking forward to the role – it is a bit against type for me maybe but he was quite a character.

“I think the drama will really show what happened. It concentrates on the robbery from both sides and you get an excellent idea of what happened. I think it will make great TV.”

After the robbery, Bruce fled with fellow gang member Buster Edwards to Mexico.

He spent five years on the run before being jailed for 25 years in 1969. He was released in 1978.

One part of the drama follows the thieves and the other the police and their efforts to catch the robbers.

The show – due to air later this year – is produced by the same team that created BBC2 drama United about the Munich air disaster.

Read more: Heart-throb Luke Evans is to play Great Train Robbery mastermind Bruce Reynolds in new TV drama | The Sun |Showbiz|TV
Old 03-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

I actually love Luke, he's gonna do great as Bard. All the sneaky footage of him looks great!

Intrigued about this Train thing he's just done, will be looking out for that, for sure!
Old 03-30-2013, 02:12 AM
Addicted Fan

I am sure he is great as Bard.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

He looks amazing!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oooh new pic! Thanks Nicky
Old 04-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Great pic!

Love that we got to see him in that live stream Peter Jackson did. Hope we'll get more as the months go by
Old 04-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure we will when promotion ramps up!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Of.You (View Post)
Love that we got to see him in that live stream Peter Jackson did. Hope we'll get more as the months go by
Same here

He seems to be quite busy these days

Quote:
The Hobbit's Luke Evans To Play Dracula - What Else Can This Guy Do!?
10 April 2013
Universal's Dracula film is 100% going ahead... we think

Luke Evans is quickly moving from rising star to, well… star. He’s been a Greek god in The Immortals, and again in Clash of The Titans. He’s been a heroic police man and one of the Three Musketeers.

Now he’s set to play the legendary character of Dracula in Universal’s upcoming reboot. Originally titled Dracula Year Zero, the project has been in doubt for some time; sometimes it’s going ahead, other times it’s been canned. But the announcement of the casting of the film’s lead should be the confirmation fans were looking for. Michael De Luca is producing the project, which quietly has been greenlighted and hopes to start shooting later this year. Gary Shore is making his directorial debut on the picture. Universal is already the home of the most prominent cinematic visions of Dracula. And in Evans, Universal are in familiar territory. The welsh star plays the villain in their Fast & Furious 6 movie. Familiar, too, are big budget films for Evans. He’s also due to play Bard the Bowman in the upcoming installments of Peter Jackson’s Hobbit movies.

The next Hobbit film, again helmed by Jackson and again starring Martin Freeman, is called The Desolation of Smaug and is heading for a Christmas release this year. The first film, An Unexpected Journey, received a mixed reaction from the critics, but performed well financially.
Source
Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Busy man!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome! My fiance' will be pleased, he loves vampire movies!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Hehe, guess that'll be a movie your fiancé will enjoy

I've never been a huge fan of the whole Dracula stuff, but maybe they'll change my mind with this movie.