Elite Fan

Iron Fist S2 General Discussion

Go!
Old 09-10-2018, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for opening this

Old 09-10-2018, 10:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

on the whole, i thought it was a great season. loved the cliffhanger. i really hope the show gets renewed for another season. i need answers
Old 09-10-2018, 05:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for the new thread

I liked season 2 a lot I think that storyline/arc wise it was better than season 1. Most of the fights were also better choreographed/acted IMO, just thought that Colleen's moves felt a bit slower or not as efficient as in season 1, but probably on purpose since she wasn't training anymore.

And it was great that the writers actually worried about giving every single character their own storyline.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:56 PM
Moderator Manager

I like S2 a lot as well, it's a step up from S1. Joy is cancelled for me this season but I'm glad she was able to mend fences with Ward. I still don't buy her explanation about feeling so betrayed by Ward & Danny. I'm glad she realized eventually that Davos is no good for her.

As always, I like Colleen and she didn't have that much fight scenes this season because she was stepping back from that life, so it's understandable. I love her friendship with Misty.

Davos as the villain this season was great but there were times when I wasn't buying the SL, especially that aspect of Joy & Davos together. It felt so off to me. I don't get what Joy was thinking 'teaming up' with Davos to get Danny's ability? I only like Joy when she's good but when she's evil she's just whiny.

My favorite dynamic is of course Ward & Danny. They've both come so far and I always love whenever Danny (or Ward) call him his brother. I was worried that they were going to make Ward evil again but he is so much better now. I don't like that SL with Bethany but if anything it helped in Ward's growth/development.

That ending with Colleen!!! YAAAAAAS. And that cliffhanger with Danny & Ward in Japan. Please tell me there's a S3 because we can't end the show with that!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:03 AM
Moderator Manager

^ That's exactly my thoughts regarding Joy. As much as I was interested in her storyline this season, the whole explanation and her part in the plan was just something I couldn't get/relate. I mentioned this on the episode thread but the fact she admitted she knew Harold was bad, and still she wanted revenge made little sense. I do enjoy seeing her owning her acts in the end, and hopefully it will help to show character development for next season.

Ward/Danny were my favorite too!! That relationship evolved so much and it felt genuine. I'm so happy that Ward tagged along with Danny in the end

Colleen is awesome! I'm glad she got to keep the IF in the end, because she seems like the most suitable to be the IF atm
Old 09-14-2018, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like they sidelined Danny a bit this season at times and I hated it
Old 09-15-2018, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
^ That's exactly my thoughts regarding Joy. As much as I was interested in her storyline this season, the whole explanation and her part in the plan was just something I couldn't get/relate. I mentioned this on the episode thread but the fact she admitted she knew Harold was bad, and still she wanted revenge made little sense. I do enjoy seeing her owning her acts in the end, and hopefully it will help to show character development for next season.
it wasn't even that much about Harold, but Ward lied to her for over a decade about their father, while his death had traumatized Joy so much as she mentioned how he was in the end, and she wouldn't want to leave his side of course she was mad at their father as well, he was a real jerk for not reaching out to her but for Joy this whole plotting behind her back was a betrayal in her eyes, it'd be a lot to process for anyone. she was rightfully mad at both Danny and Ward, of course revenge shouldn't have been her answer for that but she was only seeing red at the time it took a while for her to realize that she did a horrible thing and she wanted to fix it right after that.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:38 PM
New Fan

Iron Fist Danny Rand eats Meat in New Season 2

Hi, all. I noticed Danny started eating meat in season 2. In season 1, he explained in episode how he did not eat meat/animal products and why (during a dinner). I don't remember the exact details of the K'un Lun discipline but i presume it's Buddhist based and part of the martial arts practice.

I was just wondering if this is an inconsistency in the 2nd season or is there a good explanation (he bought garlic shrimp for dinner in episode and ate what looked like steak kebab in another episode).

I'm only on episode 6 now and don't consider myself the most astute and diligent fan, so don't know everything. Also, I don't watch t.v., go to movies and only watch very select Netflix pieces, so not that into entertainment media, really, but Iron Fist seems to intrigue me. There's also another inconsistency I caught and will post when I remember it. But anyone catch this vegan to meat-eating inconsistency from s1 to s2 (even Davos mentions he doesn't eat meat in a S2 episode), or any other inconsistencies?
Old 09-15-2018, 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

This should probably go in the general season thread but what do I know?

I remember Danny saying a line about how him and Davos would go off and eat donkey
Old 09-15-2018, 10:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
I feel like they sidelined Danny a bit this season at times and I hated it
Because of his injury and powers going to Davos? I didn't feel that at all. I still think he was central to the show. However I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of Misty we got. I love her!
Quote:
^ That's exactly my thoughts regarding Joy. As much as I was
interested in her storyline this season, the whole explanation and her part in the plan was just something I couldn't get/relate. I mentioned this on the episode thread but the fact she admitted she knew Harold was bad, and still she wanted revenge made little sense. I do enjoy seeing her owning her acts in the end, and hopefully it will help to show character development for next season.
And I didn't see any remorse from her (early on). I would've loved to see her conflicted like if the transfer process hurts Danny, then her deal with Davos is off. Although by the time she realized Davos' true nature, it was too late. She actually was pushed off a landing to get the message across that Davos isn't someone you have to deal with.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

you didn't see any remorse? I saw it as early as ep 1 tbh when Danny and Ward went over to her place and then when Davos asked her about it she was hesitant already just by that one small conversation. that to me told a lot about how she was feeling, she was conflicted the whole time but didn't want to back away nevertheless because that's not what she is in her business life and she doesn't really know a lot of other environments it's her armor but it's gotta change if she lets Ward and Danny back into her life

Old 09-16-2018, 07:44 AM
Moderator Manager

Well, I didn't think Joy felt remorse on what she did to Danny tbh, she got worried about giving so much power to someone as unstable as Davos in my opinion. Even in the end, it didn't felt to me like she regretted getting her revenge from Danny, more like she wanted to make amends with Ward, and definitely not leave a mass murdered on a power trip loose around.
Still I don't buy her motives, she is smart the fact that Ward lied to her to protect her can make her upset but not full on rage like she made it sound... it sounded very egotistical in that conversation, so that's why I wish they hadn't done that scene.

As for the meat eating thing, I don't remember Danny saying anything about being vegan, and he did say he and Davos used to sneak out to go eat donkey Maybe Danny didn't eat meat while in K'un Lun because they didn't do it over there, but since he came back he has shown a liking to pork (mentioned in The Defenders too)
Old 09-16-2018, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Because of his injury and powers going to Davos? I didn't feel that at all. I still think he was central to the show. However I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of Misty we got. I love her!

And I didn't see any remorse from her (early on). I would've loved to see her conflicted like if the transfer process hurts Danny, then her deal with Davos is off. Although by the time she realized Davos' true nature, it was too late. She actually was pushed off a landing to get the message across that Davos isn't someone you have to deal with.
Nice to see you again

I mean we saw everyone else get all the fights and action not to mention everyone else got huge SLs while Danny spent half the season injured/without powers. I loved Walkers and Colleen's stuff though, even thought I hated Danny's line at the end about maybe her having the iron fist was her path and his wasn't that at all and he spent all these years being wrong about his heritage and childhood in K'un Lun
Old 09-16-2018, 09:58 AM
New Fan

Quote:

As for the meat eating thing, I don't remember Danny saying anything about being vegan, and he did say he and Davos used to sneak out to go eat donkey Maybe Danny didn't eat meat while in K'un Lun because they didn't do it over there, but since he came back he has shown a liking to pork (mentioned in The Defenders too)

Thx, Ropetuned for suggesting this post go in General Discussion. And hi Si, and thx for moving it, if you're the one that did. I was going to repost here and delete other first thing today.

So yeah, it's just something I don't think should be overlooked or taken lackadaisically/lightly by the writers. Veganism is steep in Buddhist and Shao-lin tradition and Tibet where K'un Lun is in. In S1 Danny made a righteous preach/quote on why eating meat was forbidden and made that first dinner vegan (or ordered it, i forgot) for Colleen and Jessica. And Davos reiterated in S2 episode. It is a very important part of that religious, martial arts culture, so I think it's important to be consistent with it. If not, at least have a clear explanation.

This makes me also feel Davos does deserve the iron fist vs. danny cuz he is more dedicated/faithful to the K'un Lun goal/destiny, which is to rid 'the hand' (at all costs) and he remains disciplined on the diet. He does have sex in s2 though, which is forbidden, also, haha. Maybe this is the intention of writers to keep this all open to interpretation and to debate as we are here. And this is what intrigues me bout Iron Fist series also, so maybe they kno exactly what they're doing, lol.

Another inconsistency/questionable thing is Ward being so humane in s2, esp. towards Danny, when clearly he was a psychopath, sociopath at best in s1. Let's not forget. He killed his father, set Danny up for it, tried to get Danny killed, also, and buried bodies and did horrible things without a conscience. Psychopaths cant be cured, sociopaths, not sure. But seems like he's reforming/changing in s2 which is kind of questionable, esp. if he really is a psychopath. What do u all think? Is he a psychopath?? hehe

Last edited by Fron Iist; 09-16-2018 at 10:05 AM