Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2017, 11:58 AM
Moderator Manager

The Defenders Episode Discussion {1x04} - Royal Dragon

Episode Four - "Royal Dragon"

[previous episode] | [next episode]

Basic Reminders:
▸ Be respectful of other posters.
▸ Discussions are encouraged, but let's keep things civil.
▸ No character/actor bashing, including producers, writers, directors, etc.
▸ Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here.
▸ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 08-19-2017 at 03:21 PM
Old 08-19-2017, 11:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Again not much happened in this ep but it was nice to see all 4 together in one place. Obviously both Luke & Jessica are not familiar with The Hand. The only thing that makes it believable is the fact that both Danny & Matt have encountered them.

Funny moment with Matt using Jessica's scarf and doing his vigilante side, only to reveal his face later on to Luke & Danny. Obviously, Matt doesn't trust Stick. Those two have major issues as we've already seen on DD.

I thought it was also believable that Jessica didn't believe it at first and walked away (but later on came back). Luke has always been a good guy and more open to things, has a belief in people. Jessica isn't like that.

Overall this was an okay episode but shows the dynamics of the team plus Stick always having some of the best lines.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:46 AM
Moderator Manager

I thought this episode was going to be more action packed based on how the last one ended and this one started as a continuation. But I liked that there was time for them to actually talk among themselves, get to discuss what each know about what they're dealing with, and also figure out if they're actually going to work together or not. Adding Stick to the mix was great, although I did get worried about what he had done to Colleen.
Speaking of Stick, how did he open the door of the restaurant?!? Jessica had put that furniture blocking it

So the first scene when they get on the Chinese restaurant (which btw is all lightened with red, purple, yellow and green ) was hilarious, specially with them seeing how strong Jessica is, and that Danny can speak Chinese and Matt can smell things from far away and hear neon Granted all of them had Jessica involved with some quip so I like how sarcastic she is
It was realistic that at first they didn't want to work together, except for Danny who clearly is like the kid of the group He was excited to have some super-friends in his corner. But yeah, based on how both Jessica and Matt are and been through, I like that at first they were resistant to even consider the idea.
I have to say that Luke rolling his eyes when Danny mentions that he is the Iron Fist is priceless

When they start talking about Elektra and Matt lies about not knowing her, we can see that that will be a huge issue they'll have to solve between themselves later

Again I like how Jessica is written like a good detective having her figure out who Matt really is Nice writing! Also, having her mentioning that they aren't above the law and need to worry about consequences of their actions, very realistic. And Love that she was the one that convinced Matt to stay, even if she ended up being the first to leave later I think in a way she understands it better than anyone, that he works alone because it's safer specially for people he cares about (which is basically why she drives people away from her after everything that Killgrave did to her).
Luke and her talking when she was about to leave was adorable I wanted to see them interacting so much after the events of JJ.
And the way she came back was just perfect!
Old 08-22-2017, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the episode!
Nice dynamics going on
Old 08-23-2017, 11:51 AM
Moderator Manager

They all have so different styles, but when they are together it's like it fits
Old 08-23-2017, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally agree!
Such different personalities, but they didn't seem odd together at all!
Perfect fit
Old 08-24-2017, 01:43 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Speaking of Stick, how did he open the door of the restaurant?!? Jessica had put that furniture blocking it
I can't remember but maybe through another door? Alexandra came inside too effortlessly.

Quote:
It was realistic that at first they didn't want to work together, except for Danny who clearly is like the kid of the group He was excited to have some super-friends in his corner. But yeah, based on how both Jessica and Matt are and been through, I like that at first they were resistant to even consider the idea.
I have to say that Luke rolling his eyes when Danny mentions that he is the Iron Fist is priceless
It's funny what you mentioned about Danny being excited to have super-friends because that's what I thought too. One thing I do like is how in-character everyone is. Watching them all was how they were in their respective shows so I can understand why they all clashed at first.

When they start talking about Elektra and Matt lies about not knowing her, we can see that that will be a huge issue they'll have to solve between themselves later

Quote:
Again I like how Jessica is written like a good detective having her figure out who Matt really is Nice writing! Also, having her mentioning that they aren't above the law and need to worry about consequences of their actions, very realistic. And Love that she was the one that convinced Matt to stay, even if she ended up being the first to leave later I think in a way she understands it better than anyone, that he works alone because it's safer specially for people he cares about (which is basically why she drives people away from her after everything that Killgrave did to her).
This is so wonderfully said. She can relate to Matt in that sense as she does prefer to work alone especially after the events of what happened to her with Kilgrave.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:20 PM
Moderator Manager

^ yeah... for a room that they thought it was protected, people sure barged in very easily

Danny's excitement with the other's ability was so priceless And I agree, it felt like we were watching their own show in the beginning with their scenes, very well written and acted
Yeah, I think that was clear even to people that hadn't watched Daredevil... great acting on Charlie's part

That's why I like Jessica so much, she is a very complex character, and beneath all that grumpiness lies a good heart that just don't want to see those she care about getting hurt
Old 08-26-2017, 12:33 AM
Moderator Manager

If I had Jessica's life experiences, I'd be grumpy and drinking all the time too. It was hell what she went through.

This is the episode in the restaurant right? Danny was the one who ordered all the food?

Old 08-26-2017, 12:15 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Same here I think her alcoholic behavior explains a lot once we know everything she went through

Yep Danny ordered four of everything And then even after everybody had stopped eating, he was still munching