Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Moderator Manager

The Defenders Episode Discussion {1x01} - "The H Word"

Episode One - "The H Word"

[next episode]

Basic Reminders:
▸ Be respectful of other posters.
▸ Discussions are encouraged, but let's keep things civil.
▸ No character/actor bashing, including producers, writers, directors, etc.
▸ Any talk of illegal downloading should not be brought up here.
▸ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 08-19-2017 at 03:26 PM
Old 08-19-2017, 01:16 AM
Moderator Manager

Okay so not much happened in this ep. But that's alright because this is the introduction to the team.

Almost everyone is in this ep. I'll post more thoughts soon so this will just be an initial reaction.

Danny & Colleen are here and they're seriously still OTP goals for me.

Luke & Claire are together! Foggy helped Luke get out of prison. He works for Jeri now...

Karen is a journalist and it's obvious that she misses Matt but Matt is done with vigilante stuff now. My shipper heart is saying this is because of Elektra's death.

Jessica & Trish! MY BABES. I love that Malcolm is in this one too. This show made me miss Jessica a lot, it has been a while.

Alexandra is working with Gao! And she's using Elektra as the weapon! I BLOODY KNEW IT!!! Although why do I get the feeling that Alexandra is the bigger boss than Gao? She's also dying so this is interesting.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Moderator Manager

So... this first episode was sort of slow, but to me that's usual with Netflix shows so I was already expecting that... also it was a good way to present the characters individually to viewer that haven't watched the shows, and to let us know what they have been up to since the last time we saw them.

I love how Colleen is very supportive of Danny, never letting him blame himself. They truly form a great couple!

Claire and Luke together is also perfect And I like that they're having a good relationship with Misty now. It's great to see that she wants him to help, but not with the vigilante stuffs A true friend.
It was great seeing that the first crossover interaction was not one I was expecting with Foggy being Luke's lawyer

Matt and Karen really have that bittersweet thing going on... I'm sad that that relationship doesn't seem to have a future because as much as I love Matt/Elektra, I really liked how the relationship between him and Karen was starting in DD.

Nice introduction for Alexandra, showing that she is probably going to die, and how Elektra is working for her... also Gao. She seems very powerful!

The predominant coloring whenever the character appeared was such a nice touch!! Although I can already say that to make fan arts that is going to be a pain to work with
Old 08-21-2017, 02:04 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
So... this first episode was sort of slow, but to me that's usual with Netflix shows so I was already expecting that... also it was a good way to present the characters individually to viewer that haven't watched the shows, and to let us know what they have been up to since the last time we saw them.
I agree. I didn't have a problem with it at all and while I thought the ep was slow, that's the norm for all these shows since DD S1.

Quote:
Matt and Karen really have that bittersweet thing going on... I'm sad that that relationship doesn't seem to have a future because as much as I love Matt/Elektra, I really liked how the relationship between him and Karen was starting in DD.
Don't feel bad for Karen Kastle will rise on The Punisher!. Also MK are canon so this is only a bump on the long road.

Quote:
The predominant coloring whenever the character appeared was such a nice touch!! Although I can already say that to make fan arts that is going to be a pain to work with
HAHA! I'm not creative but I can imagine it must be such a pain, yeah.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I only saw 1 ep of Luke Cage and didn't like it much and didn't get back to it after (though still with the intent of watching it Some Day).
But I was really liking Luke in this episode! I really loved seeing him with Claire too!

Danny & Colleen. . . I hate to say it, but it felt kinda off to me. Maybe (well, probably) it's because Danny no longer is new to this world and kinda lost a bit of That charm. (not to be confused with His charm ). Obviously the episode didn't really allow for any carefree romantic moments Maybe I just miss them to much and want them to make out Come to think of it, that's probably totally it

I'm definitely intrigued by the Daredevil guy
And liking to watch Jessica so far, though not sure if I like Her.

The rest of all those people y'all are talking about I have no idea about
Old 08-22-2017, 07:34 PM
Moderator Manager

^ Paula, I'm so happy that you're watching the Defenders

Maybe after The Defenders you'll feel more inclined to give LC another chance

Ohh I liked Danny/Colleen, granted, not smooches, but they seem like a solid couple

Matt/Daredevil is AMAZING
And Jessica is a bit tougher to relate to her and her grumpyness but if you watch her show you'll understand the reason (she has reasons to be like that)

You'll get to know them eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I agree. I didn't have a problem with it at all and while I thought the ep was slow, that's the norm for all these shows since DD S1.

Don't feel bad for Karen Kastle will rise on The Punisher!. Also MK are canon so this is only a bump on the long road.

HAHA! I'm not creative but I can imagine it must be such a pain, yeah.
Exactly! After watching the other shows I knew I shouldn't expect much action or a fast pace in the first few episodes, so I was ready ... and I think it was good storytelling, very neatly developed presenting each character.

Kastle does make me a LOT happy!! IDK I have a feeling that MK is water under the bridge, kind of like Matt/Claire

I haven't even tried that yet because I get lazy just thinking about it
Old 08-24-2017, 01:29 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
Danny & Colleen. . . I hate to say it, but it felt kinda off to me. Maybe (well, probably) it's because Danny no longer is new to this world and kinda lost a bit of That charm. (not to be confused with His charm ). Obviously the episode didn't really allow for any carefree romantic moments Maybe I just miss them to much and want them to make out Come to think of it, that's probably totally it
We didn't eve get a kiss and they're a couple? How could you Netflix?

Quote:
The rest of all those people y'all are talking about I have no idea about

Quote:
Kastle does make me a LOT happy!! IDK I have a feeling that MK is water under the bridge, kind of like Matt/Claire
I feel like they might still make them canon because of the comics.

Spoiler:

Old 08-24-2017, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
We didn't eve get a kiss and they're a couple? How could you Netflix?
Well, this! I mean, what's wrong with you Netflix?
Old 08-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Moderator Manager

True A kiss was necessary there

Quote:
I feel like they might still make them canon because of the comics.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 08-26-2017, 12:14 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
Well, this! I mean, what's wrong with you Netflix?
They had one job!!!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Yeah nothing changed for Matt & Karen on this show. So I guess they'll just address that for DD S3.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:06 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I agree I think they'll still be friends and really care about each other. I can't wait to see how she and Foggy are going to react to finding out he is alive in DD3