Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Supergirl - 1.19 - Myriad - Episode Discussion

Myriad - 1.19 - episode discussion
air date - April 11, 2016

episode description:
Kara must find a way to free her friends when Non and Indigo use mind control to turn National City’s citizens into their own army.

Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people
who are just trying to do the best with what they are given.
○ We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr

Last edited by Awesome Nerds; 10-03-2016 at 05:55 AM
Lexipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for starting the thread Excited

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Total Fan

* Shouldn’t the DEO inmates have prison scrubs or something?

* Cat: Call Harrison Ford and tell him I’m flattered, but I don’t date older men… I see what you did there, show! I’m sure Calista and her hubby had a good laugh when she showed him that line .

* So Kal-El is affected because he has a “human brain”? Umm… well… okay, I guess…

* Mama Danvers took the news about J’onn rather well…

On a side note, this episode has Supergirl x3! (Mama and Indigo being the other two Supergirls)

* Oh look, random person the audience didn’t know is dead.

* Dear Maxwell Lord - why am I not surprised that you’d rather bomb the city than share your technology? Jerk.

* Non forgot to mention Metropolis and Gotham on his list of cities to take over…

* I’m a little disappointed that we didn’t get to see J’onn actually pick up Alex when they flew off.

* YES, J’onn kicked Indigo’s butt! I cheered

* J’onn’s totally okay … Right? RIGHT? I mean, they did make a point of saying he could regenerate back when the real Hank Henshaw was attacking him.

J'onn's fine, and I refuse to believe otherwise.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know why but I didn't really care for this episode much at all. Anyway, to my review.

Everyone is under the Myriad mind control, thanks to Non and Indigo.
Nice Maxima vs Supergirl fight to start off the episode, although I liked how much she did not want to hear about her obsession with Supergirl.

I feel that I don't really care for Superman to keep being mention if we are never going to see him. Also really, Superman is affected however, Supergirl is not? huh.... being like human is really the explanation? WTF! don't even get the need for Superman in this episode. No need to mention him every second if we aren't going to see him.

Thank goodness for Alex great disguise and that Manhunter can be anyone he chooses to be. It sure makes the fugitive escape a bit better.

Seems like Cat Grant was totally loving when Maxwell was up in her personal space. At least he protected himself and Grant from the Myriad.
I liked when Cat was on the phone, she immediately stopped her conversation when she thought of Supergirl life could be in danger.
It was cool to learn more about Maxwell past and why he is the way he is.

I loved Eliza Danvers being so curious about J'onn powers and how Mars was. She had so many questions. lol That probably was my favorite scene of the episode.

I loved how Alex decided not to be pushed to the sidelines. One of the things that's great about her. She'll do whatever she has to to help, and not just stand by and do anything.

Supergirl and Cat Grant scenes are always awesome, especially those outside ones. Nice how she mentioned Kara. I would've really liked if Cat deep down knew that Supergirl/Kara were the same person. It was a great speech because Cat explained how much Supergirl changed her. Also this conversation helped Supergirl realize how horrible Maxwell plan was and because of that, it made Supergirl talk some sense into Maxwell about how killing 4 million people does not work.

I liked that Cat and Maxwell interaction when Cat wondered how Maxwell knew she'd wear the earrings that helped her not get affected by this mind control spell. He said he didn't, he just had hope.... hope and love is what Supergirl and Cat are hoping helps National City.

That ending, Alex vs Supergirl. Not really Alex but yeah...
Oh and I didn't care for that Indigo vs Manhunter fight at all.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Why did they think it would be okay to end an episode like that?! I can't wait a week!

Is Lucy okay?
Is J'onn okay?
Where have Alex and J'onn been if they haven't already gone to project cadmus?
Cat and Max will do whatever it is they're doing just in time to stop Alex from killing Kara, right? They'll save the humans and then Kara and J'onn will go after the kryptonians?
Non doesn't seem able to kill Kara either. Because he knows Astra wouldn't want him to? Doesn't mean he should get Alex to kill her!!

I never thought I would say this, but I wish Alex had stayed away. If only she had predicted what would happen.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

So much to say but for now:

- Alex should have stayed with mom.
- 3 Supergirls... Cool.
- Why did Cat REACT while hugging Supergirl? Does she know Supergirl = Kara? That was the most interesting part of the episode.

Oh and MM please don't be dead!
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Dp
Old 04-11-2016, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh no, doesn't sound like it was an overly great episode? I haven't seen it yet. Can't help reading spoilers, as always, though. I am still at work...
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ I feel like this episode clearly was setting up the finale. That said, I would not call it a filler episode either because tons of stuff happened. I liked that it was divided into two parts.

More complete thoughts:

- Cat and the Harrison Ford comment was hilarious since of course Calista and Harrison are married.

- I didn't necessarily love finding out that Kal-El is affected because his brain has turned more human. That didn't really work for me. I wish we would have found out he was far away and couldn't be reached instead.

- I loved seeing Alex's mom watching J'onn shape shift.

- 3 Supergirls!

- The show is doing a very good job of the grayness that is Maxwell Lord. When he was telling Kara more stuff about his parents I actually slightly felt sorry for him. But he's still volatile. I have hope he might turn more to light after he received a nice dose of Kara and Cat but I highly doubt he's ever going to be fully with the good side. He will continue to float back and forth.

- J'onn better not die... He's not dead... he's not dead... I so hope he's not dead... Regeneration was mentioned so I hope that is the reality.

- Every Cat/Supergirl scene was utter perfection. Seriously, they are amazing together. Cat talked Supergirl into having HOPE and it was so beautiful. She allowed Supergirl to come up with a new plan because Cat's gorgeous. I love when Cat said she opened herself up to Kara. Does she know Kara is Supergirl again? Not sure while she told the story she knew BUT the hug, the LOOK! I think Cat knows now based on something that happened when they hugged. Perfume the same for Kara and Supergirl? What could it be? Cat's expression is key!

- I love Alex but she should have listened to MM and stayed at her mom's. I knew the second the telepathy plan came into play it was going to decrease the powers in MM and they would be screwed. If Alex would have stayed at her mom's, MM would have joined Supergirl, Cat, Max and they could have figured something out. Indigo for sure would have been killed if MM had full powers. Sucks.

Now... controlled Alex versus Kara!

- Non truly doesn't seem capable of flat out killing Kara on his own. It's fascinating. Non doesn't actually want to kill Kara or the humans. The main point of his plan is to ultimately keep the human race from destroying themselves. He only kills when he deems it necessary for the "greater good," such as offing that Kelly chick to try and convince Kara to back down. It's also why he's not interested in expanding his reach beyond Earth (which Indigo doesn't agree with) and didn't want the White Martian set free.

Man this episode left the fans with major worry. Waiting a whole week isn't fair! I also have a feeling the finale will leave us with a major cliffhanger before season 2 (hopefully season 2).

Last edited by jediwands; 04-12-2016 at 07:09 AM
Old 04-12-2016, 06:25 AM
Absolute Fan

I really enjoyed last night's episode and didn't feel like it was in any way "incomplete", although I was surprised when it ended because things went so fast that, before I realized it, we'd hit the bottom of the hour.

I have to say that I now officially love Peter Facinelli's Maxwell Lord and don't want him to go anywhere next season (even though I know there's a distinct chance that he could be gone since Peter took a lead role in the Pilot for another show). He was a little quick on the trigger for a bit, but eventually came around to Kara's way of thinking, showing that he's not a completely callous bastard. I also loved his snarky flirting with Cat.

While we're on the subject of callous bastards, I thought it was great that General Lane and Kara were able to have a civil conversation, and almost wish we'd seen more of him in the episode.

I don't know why, but I'd somehow gotten it into my head that we were going to get to see Melissa, Helen, and Laura on-screen together at the same time in a single scene, and was sad that we didn't, but it's still a milestone that we got all 3 of them in one episode.

Speaking of both Eliza and Indigo, I loved how Eliza went into full-on scientist mode and was asking J'onn questions about his Martian physiology and exactly how his shape-shifting abilities work, and also really liked the fight between him and Indigo, even though it sucked seeing him get stabbed.

I've seen certain reviews describe the Myriad plan itself as kind of underwhelming, but I personally found it really scary, especially since the people it affected weren't just behaving as a "hive-mind" but could have their bodies and minds taken over directly by Non. It reminded me very much of the Borg from Star Trek, and was therefore really creepy.

I can't wait to see how all of the lingering threads from this episode get resolved next week, so the writers did their job correctly.

10 out of 10 for me.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

The episode was really good. I think the highlight for me was seeing J'onn back in action to help Kara save National City.

I also loved once J'onn explained to Eliza what happened to Jeremiah, she went into full Doctor mode asking him all these questions about how he can shape shift.

I'm glad Myriad is being broken up into two parts. I think it would be too unrealistic if it were solved in one episode.

Loved Kara's line to James after she found him at Catco, "Come back to me," omg, the feels...

Can't want for next week!
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Total Fan

I would have preferred if they continued with the "Kal-El is currently off world" excuse that Kalex gave, instead of having him come back only to succumb to mind control. That just seemed a bit silly.

On a side note: how does Maxwell know so much about Kal-El, where he was raised, and how long he's been on Earth?

Last edited by Elektra; 04-12-2016 at 08:55 AM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:47 AM
Absolute Fan

I would encourage anyone who has issues with Clark succumbing to Myriad to do some research on the "nature vs nurture" Sociological theory.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I think it's totally plausible for him to be brainwashed.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I already want to see the finale , Kara vrs mind controlled kryptonite suit alex

Once Kara hugged Cat hugged her hard, she either figured pout that Kara was Supergirl or she came up with the idea to use her old studio

loved seeing alex mom again ,she really came off as part scientist and maybe a crush on Jon
Jimmy and wynn jumping off a bld with another woman at the same time Superman would have caught all three

It had better be huge finale like 2 hrs to pull of the fights and aftermath .

Laura vandercourt showing back up in all her blue glory !1 ( blue is my favorite color )and i am big fan of laura (Bitten smallville etc )

What was icon they where going to show< Supergirl symbol to make the people change back ?
previews show Supergirl and Jon fighting Naun
Reply   Post New Thread