Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2016, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Supergirl - 1.15 - Solitude - Episode Discussion

Solitude - 1.15 - episode discussion
air date - February 29, 2016

episode description:
Supergirl does battle with Indigo, a dangerous being who can transport via the internet and has a connection to Kara’s past.
Kara travels to Superman’s Fortress of Solitude in hopes of learning how to defeat Indigo (Laura Vandervoort), a dangerous being who can transport via the Internet and who has a connection to Kara’s past. Also, James’s relationship with Lucy reaches a crossroads.

Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people
who are just trying to do the best with what they are given.
○ We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr

Last edited by Awesome Nerds; 09-20-2016 at 10:39 AM
Lexipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Looking forward to see Indigo and the Fortress of Solitude!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:11 PM
Total Fan

* Did J'onn really need to go all Martian Manhunter on Alex during their sparring match? Seemed a bit overkill.

* I like James, and I like Kara, but it seems like their "love" happened a bit too fast. The show should have given it a full season to build up before they started going all "Tru luv" with those two.

* Past!Supergirl turned into Braniac 8/Indigo

Indigo: There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. I am controlling transmission…

Please tell me they did not just imply that Non and Indigo had a thing… because that would just be creepy.

* "Toyman, Jr"… ouch, Cat.

I like that Winn is now the DEO's consultant-hacker.

Winn made a Doctor Who reference! I love Winn!

Siobhan better not be using Winn… because that would be really mean.

* How does James have access to the Fortress of Solitude?

There's a LEGION ring at the Fortress to! And we saw a Legion ring when Barry was hoping from Earth 1 to Earth 2 in The Flash. Coincidence? Is that going to play a part in the crossover

* Lucy/James broke up. Oh well…

* Awww, Kara forgave Alex. So glad they're not going to have her be all angry at her. I love these two. Loved the little J'onn/Alex/Kara family moment at the end too.

Last edited by Elektra; 02-29-2016 at 07:34 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Of course Kara is still upset with Hank over what happened with Astra and

Siobhan vs Kara in office issues continues. lol

I loved seeing the J'onn vs Alex training session. Although Alex is still very upset with this lie they are keeping away from Kara, J'onn still does not want Alex to tell Kara anything and I think that even though J'onn is hurt that Kara decided to leave, but he can deal with it for now. Also, he doesn't want Alex and Kara's relationship to get messed up.

Of course Lucy tells James how much she hates liars, right in front of Kara's listening airs.

I liked Cat calling Winn, Toyman Jr.
Cat also doesn't like to be called, "Ma'am" lol

Indigo being portrayed by Laura Vandervoort was awesome! Because we got to see Laura (Smallville version of Supergirl). I loved it, and I was flashing back to Smallville episodes and of course I loved Laura and Melissa face-to-face scenes. Both are awesome Supergirls.

I enjoyed the Siobhan and Winn scenes during the episode. Them opening up to one another.
Siobhan opening up to Winn about her father cheating ways, you can still seem she is still very broken up about how her father messed up their family. Nice to get that little backstory of Siobhan's past. Then in the end we got Winn telling Siobhan about his parents and of course the kiss. lol Winn is kissing the enemy. Well according to Kara anyway.

I can tell you one thing, James and Clark relationship on Supergirl is stronger than any other version of their relationship.

I loved seeing the Fortress of Solitude I loved seeing James and Kara going there together.
"I'm not alone, I'm with you." Sort of romantic, but hey! I can deal.

James forgot about his date with Lucy because of his time with Kara.

Wow Kara told Lucy about James story with his Dad, only to find out that he never told Lucy about it... oopps.. I guess this episode pretty much confirms that his relationship with Kara is bigger and more important to him then his relationship with Lucy. Sorry Lucy. I don't want to be a ringer of bad news, but they should've never gotten back together. I didn't agree with it when it happened and this episode definitely proved it more.

I like that even though Kara was upset with Hank, she was smart and asked Hank for his help in the end.

Winn was terrific with his computer skills in this episode. He was getting chocked and he had no fear.

Wow to James giving Lucy his approval
I like that Lucy finally realized her breaking point and she noticed the love between Kara and James. I loved her for being strong and having the courage to leave and understand that even though Lucy and James were together, the love wasn't there from James side.

I liked that Alex finally told Kara the truth about Astra. Of course Hank was upset about it. Such a sad moment.
I felt so bad for Alex. I liked that Kara didn't do the predictable and she actually hugged her sister. Just a great moment even though sad.

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Fantastic episode. I feel that the show just keeps getting better.

Most importantly (of course) - Alex telling Kara the truth was everything I'm glad that Kara understood when she knew what had really happened. I think a part of her anger at J'onn was because he hadn't really told her why. That hug at the end, when Kara stopped him from leaving was beautiful.

Confirmation that Kara thought she could have 'saved' Astra, too, and personally, I think she was right. Astra's love for Kara was far stronger than her belief in what she had to do. I do believe that had they had more time, Kara could have eventually found a way to get Astra to work with her to figure out a less destructive way of saving the planet.

Loved seeing the Fortress of Solitude. It was kind of sad to hear that Kara has avoided going there for so long because she was worried it would make her miss home. I'm glad that she wasn't there alone, it may have been too much for her.

Winn was pretty great. Now that he's not pining for Kara and acting like a jerk because she's not into him in that way he's a much better character. Important because he's a vital part of their team.

Kara unintentionally being the driving force for James and Lucy's breakup was so Kara. Of course she'd be trying to help and it would backfire. I don't think that it's an issue of James not loving Lucy, I think it's more that his love for Kara is stronger. Lucy was right to walk away. I hope they don't rush anything between Kara and James now, though, I'd like Lucy to be shown more respect than that, especially as there's potential for her and Kara to be friends.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

It was a really nice change to see Laura as a villain and I think she nailed it. It was also nice to see Winn take a more active role in taking down another villian. Undone by a Windows Vista computer virus.

I really don't miss Windows computers and Vista was the absolute worst. I laughed so hard at that reference.

I think the James/Lucy break up was inevitable.

I do like James and Kara but I also don't want them to be the rebound relationship.

Hallelujah, Alex finally told the truth about Astra's death. I was dreading that being a secret until the season finale. I cried when Alex started crying and now, the family is back together. I loved that Kara reached out to Hank and stopped him from leaving.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Supergirl 1.15 – Solitude

I am so glad the J'onn/Kara stuff was resolved but I'll get to that last...

That opening scene between J'onn and Alex was intense! You really felt Alex's guilt and frustration over Kara not knowing the truth about her aunt's death so strongly.

I knew the second Kara told Lucy the story about the camera/his dad that James and Lucy were done. It was actually pretty heartbreaking. I've grown to like Lucy. I know in the comics Lucy and James had a thing but it didn't last super long. To be honest, I wouldn't have minded them lasting a while longer. I kind of liked them. Plus, even though I like Kara/James, I'm not sure I'm ready for them just yet. I'm still so all about Kara/Alex, Kara/Cat I really don't need Kara/James right now even though it seems like it's going there in the not so distant future now.

I need to read up on Indigo. I found her a fascinating villain and it seems like she's not totally done yet either. I was confused over her comments about allowing Kara to come to earth. It seemed to have affected Kara so I wonder if they will revisit this storyline later.

I do think they implied that Non and Indigo were a romantic couple too which is pretty gross.

Cat calling Winn "Toyman Jr" was maybe not the best route to go, lol.

I did LOVE seeing Winn working at the DEO. His hacking skills are priceless. I feel like eventually Kara, Winn and James are at the DEO regularly.

Winn's comment about Doctor Who was awesome.

I figured Siobhan and Winn would hook up. I hope that's all it is... a hook up, because I don't want Winn to get hurt. I think she's just a disaster waiting to happen.

One of the best parts was when Kara and James went to the Fortress of Solitude. That was really sweet. I felt like I was in a wonderland and there was so much mythology to grab and embrace. I didn't want them to leave, I wanted to continue to look around and admire!

Looking forward to the possible connection with the Legion Ring and the Supergirl/The Flash crossover.

The very last scene between J'onn/Alex/Kara was quite possibly my very favorite of the series. Chyler Leigh was amazing. The acting was Emmy award winning, the emotions, the intensity, realness, it was complete and utter perfection. I loved when Kara embraced Alex as her heart was on the line, literally bleeding, as she waited for Kara's reaction (she loves her sooooooooooooo much!) and then Kara called for J'onn to touch her hand. Oh my gosh, I had goosebumps, flushes in the face, so much reaction going on. I wanted to hug Alex first before Kara got the chance to! Melissa was so great with her acting non-verbally... you FELT the pain and shock Kara endured as Alex told her the truth but it quickly changed to "I love my sister Alex, more" as she went to embrace her. It was a piece of perfection, that scene, as it clearly demonstrates why I love Alex/Kara, and the threesome, too. Perfection, I tell you.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

Chyler always delivers in those very emotional scenes. I know it was really good because she made me cry.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Every time I see Non, I can't help but think of him as Gilroy on Burn Notice.
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
Chyler always delivers in those very emotional scenes. I know it was really good because she made me cry.
Yes! She's amazing.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved seeing Laura Vandervoort on the show

The Alex/Kara/Hank scene towards the end was very emotional I'm glad Alex told Kara the truth, instead of Kara eventually finding out on her own.
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was best to hear it from Alex, owning up to what she did.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was so important. Kara likely would have felt more betrayed if she had found out from someone else.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was amazing to see the Fortress as well. Hope we see it again!
Old 03-05-2016, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd love to see it again. Now that Kara has been there, she's got less reason to try and stay away.

Leigh Tumblr
Reply   Post New Thread