Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2016, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Supergirl - 1.12 - Bizarro - Episode Discussion

Bizarro - 1.12 - episode discussion
air date - February 1, 2016

episode description:
Kara faces off against her mirror image when a twisted version of Supergirl sets out to destroy her.
Kara faces off against her mirror image when Bizarro (Hope Lauren), a twisted version of Supergirl, sets out to destroy her. Also, Kara grows closer with Cat’s son, Adam (Blake Jenner).

Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people
who are just trying to do the best with what they are given.
○ We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr

Last edited by Awesome Nerds; 09-05-2016 at 12:03 PM
Lexipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am guessing that means Kara is over James for now, or thinks she should move on because he's not available. Excited to see Bizarro!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

YES! Winn and Kara chatting again. So great to watch... for now let's keep it in the friend zone writers, it's just so much morebetter.

Cat... I thought she was weird to start off the character.

Aww Kara relationship with Adam. She got caught blushing and smiling a little too hard. lol
James is jealous.

What an awkward scene between the Superfriends huh? and I gotta say I don't think Kara is 100% finished crushing James, I just think she is moving on with her life and not staying strung up with a guy who is with someone else. Smart girl, thank you writers!

Maxwell using Bizzaro!Kara
I was very surprised in Winn in this episode. This was the first time in a long time where I actually liked him... for him to put his feelings aside and tell him to date Kara, I am shocked.

Winn character actually reminds me of Chloe (Smallville) because they both were in love with people who didn't love them back and like Winn, I didn't like Chloe that much during Season 1 when she was pinning after Clark because I felt at times she treated him as a jealous boyfriend even though he never really lead her on in anyway. It's sort of how I felt about Winn for the first few episodes during Season 1. So this was a good episode for Winn, who showed as James previously did that he can put his personal feelings aside.

I love that Winn could see that James likes Lucy but he doesn't want to be with her... he's just in that relationship because it's a safe relationship.

For now I still want James, Lucy and Winn to stay friends, can we get that for Season 1 please? I just feel the relationship between the characters are all betters as friends for now because even though I haven't liked Winn in this triangle it'd be sort of sad of Kara just dated James when Winn is over there pinning for her. I just think it'll make everything odd.

In the mix of all the relationships, the start of Adam/Kara is still the one I'm enjoying. One of the reasons I was sad that it ended before it even really started. So sad Adam thought everything with her was fate.

I loved Alex physically attacking Maxwell. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I love Alex going all the way to try to protect her family today.

Dang what is with James getting kidnapped lately?

"Supergirl loves you." ... Now I knew Kara had a crush on James, I just didn't think it was love yet.
Wow to James also admitting his feelings to Kara. I didn't see that one coming.
So now we know they are in love with one another even if they aren't admitting it.

I really enjoyed how Kara sympathized with Bizzaro throughout the whole episode because Bizzaro really did get used. She just was Maxwell project, Poor girl.

The Cat/Kara relationship really seemed to move downhill ever sense the whole secret reveal got reversed. They will now try to keep a professional relationship for things won't ever get weird.

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:21 PM
Total Fan

- Yay, the Superfriends are back together! : )

- Bizarro girl started off kind of cute… then got really creepy... then got cute again.

I like that they made her look like her comic book counterpart. Wish they would have altered her voice though.

- Awww... James and Winn bonding (and drinking on the job).

Kind of weird that Winn is encouraging James to go after Kara now (as opposed to James encouraging Winn a few episodes ago).

- Kara's dates with Adam aren't ending well...

Speaking of Adam - what was the point of bringing him in? They could have had any random "guy Kara is dating" in that storyline instead of Cat's son.

Oh well... at least we weren't stuck with him for 10 episodes (unlike other superhero shows that bring in a temporary - and pointless - love interest for the main character... *ahem*).

- Dear Show: I don't want Kara in any romantic relationship right now. There's no need at this point. Just give us more of the friend bond with the Superfriends, please. Thanks.

- Love Alex being HBIC with Maxwell Lord.

- James trying to talk down Bizarro? Was I supposed to start snickering at that scene? Because I did. Sorry, James...

- Look, there's a gross nasty thing in the middle of Kara's living room. Maybe she should touch it. Yeah… that's a grrrrreat idea…
Old 02-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)

Kind of weird that Winn is encouraging James to go after Kara now (as opposed to James encouraging Winn a few episodes ago).

Speaking of Adam - what was the point of bringing him in? They could have had any random "guy Kara is dating" in that storyline instead of Cat's son.

- Look, there's a gross nasty thing in the middle of Kara's living room. Maybe she should touch it. Yeah… that's a grrrrreat idea…

I completely agree with you which is probably why I liked Winn a bit more in this episode for putting his personal feelings aside however, I found it a bit OOC for his character seeing how he acted just episodes ago when he saw Kara and James hug. Probably after the non-kiss, he officially believes he has no chance so just wants Kara happy? ... I don't know where Winn head truly is right now. lol

Seems like to distance Cat/Kara even more. Ever since the whole secret reveal, their relationship has just falling.

I didn't get the last scene either, I was like. What was the point of touching it? lol
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

i actually liked adam, i hate that their relationship ended. but giving that kara is supergirl her life is always going to be chaos/complicated. so having a relationship with someone who doesnt know her secret is going to be very difficult to manage. (like running out on dates unexpectedly)

i like bonding between james and winn.

it was nice to see james admit his feelings for supergirl to bizarro girl. shame kara didnt hear it.
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I actually think the biggest part to the episode was Cat's reaction to her son dating Kara and then getting dumped by Kara. She was so happy, literally on cloud 9 knowing her son was dating Kara. She liked them together. You could see her disappointed, sad, even emotionally tearful (without actual tears) when she found out Kara broke up with Adam. It wasn't just about her son being upset... she really, really wanted him dating Kara because of her feelings for Kara too. It's like a motherly/best friend thing for Cat. She was very upset when she told Kara they needed to keep things on a professional level only. She doesn't want that, but still went there because she's hurt and upset over the situation. This was the biggest revelation of the entire episode, in my opinion... Cat feels very close to Kara but cannot really express it or show it. She feels but has to keep her distance because she doesn't want to look super vulnerable. She was probably more disappointed than Adam was, it was like Kara broke up with her too.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Cross-posting my review from elsewhere:
Quote:
I don't mean to offend anyone, but I really don't get how this episode could get anything other than rave reviews because it really was the best of the season.

I was iffy on them giving Bizarro her comic-book powers, but it ended up working more than I thought it would. I also liked the way they created the Blue Kryptonite.

I had been wondering why Max was in the DEO in the pictures we saw for next week's episode, and I got my answer: Alex arrested him... which is just awesome.

I almost wish Alex hadn't stopped Kara from blasting his cell with her Heat Vision, just as a way of releasing her anger, since I don't think she could actually breach his containment cell.

We definitely haven't seen the last of Adam, but it'll be interesting to see how the change in Kara and Cat's relationship manifests itself between now and when he does eventually come back, especially with Cat having brought down her 'walls' around Kara.

Winn may be talking to Kara again, but he clearly hasn't completely reconciled her not returning his affection, as evidenced by his telling James to leave the scotch bottle.

Speaking of James, I am starting to agree with Teresa and Rebecca over at Supergirl Radio that he really needs something more to do than he's been given thus far.

I liked that everybody wanted to help Bizarro, but part of me can't help but wonder if they've inadvertently created a future disaster by not putting her in a containment cell her and just putting her back into a coma.

The ending with the Black Mercy attacking Kara in her apartment was handled well, but has me kind of wishing they'd saved it for the opening of the next episode instead because of all the questions that doing it as a cliffhanger leaves unanswered.

I am really excited for next week's episode, even if I wish they'd saved the Black Mercy reveal, and can't wait to see how the story plays itself out.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Super Girl was really good ..we got a classic first live action bad guy... Bizzarro..... the DC Universe is excited to see a lot of their favorite Legion of Doom bad guys come to live action television in the last 15 or so years...but especially in the last 5

ToyMan
Grodd
Bizzarro
captain cold and heatwave
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad James finally realized his feelings for Kara. I'm not a 'shipper but I enjoy their relationship. I do hope when Kara and James become a couple, James is honest with Lucy about his feelings. I don't want to see him string her along because that is the absolute worst.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really loved the episode

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr
Lexipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
Speaking of James, I am starting to agree with Teresa and Rebecca over at Supergirl Radio that he really needs something more to do than he's been given thus far.
I feel the same way. I think that's why I haven't fully connected to James yet. It's not that I don't like him, I love him, he's charming and sweet, but it feels like they really haven't given him much of a character yet, outside of knowing superman, and being a photographer, which we've only seen him do a couple times at most so far. He never seems to actually be doing anything, we never even really see him working. I really need an episode about him, like we got with Winn. I want them to show us some actual insight into his life. It's like even when his ex, who he got back together with, showed up, we didn't get much of anything.
Personal Tumblr
bellectrifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do we know the name of the actress who was Bizzaro Supergirl , after she got hit with Kryptonite ? Edit :
found it her name is Hope Lauren ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5422737/.

. James loves Kara yet Lucy still wants James .. Wynn glad he is no longer mad at Kara . Now what happens to Max .. Can't hold him forever , unless they can erase part of his memory so he won't remember being held .
Now Supergirl is trapped via a Venus Flytrap of the alien kind ..
Kat mad at Keria for dumping her son , not knowing she did it to protect him .

Last edited by Logan; 02-02-2016 at 07:37 PM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought Adam and Kara were going to last longer, and thought she was even going to tell him she's Supergirl like Barry/Patty. I wonder what Blake has in store next in terms of acting...

Great episode - loved Bizarro! I'm glad they stayed with her as she was dying.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Now what happens to Max .. Can't hold him forever , unless they can erase part of his memory so he won't remember being held .
I agree, it'll be hard to keep locked up forever. People will start to ask questions about where he went. The DEO could find a way to wipe his memory. Make a bet that weird thing venus fly trap thingy will be somehow used on Max.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread