Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2015, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Supergirl - 1.03 - Fight or Flight - Episode Discussion

fight or flight
1.03 - episode discussion
air date - november 9, 2015

episode description - Supergirl’s powers are tested when Reactron, one of Superman’s formidable enemies, arrives in National City and targets the young hero. Also, Cat plans to run an exposé on Supergirl.
Supergirl is targeted by one of superman’s enemies.

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr
Lexipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can an MST top this please

Old 11-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Done.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you Jessica

Old 11-09-2015, 07:46 PM
Total Fan

I loved this episode! I feel like they're getting better and better. It seems like they're settling in and finding their footing. The dialog issues have been improving every episode, I think, and in general, everything is smoothing out and coming together.

And I know I'm biased because I loved Jeremy long before this show came around, but I thought Winn was super adorable in this episode, and I just love how jeremy's playing him. He's so lovable and sweet.
Personal Tumblr
bellectrifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved this episode so much!
I love all the Superman's mentions. How much Kara wants to be on her own not in his shadow's.

I loved Winn's reaction to finding out Clark Kent is Superman.

I loved James/Kara during this episode, it was so sweet how Alex noticed how much he always makes her smile. their relationship is really growing on me. However, I am intrigued by his relationship with Lucy Lane. I was never a big Lucy Lane fan so hopefully things are different in Supergirl.

Clark and Kara interacting at the end.
I just loved everything about the episode!
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Total Fan

Oh my gosh, I was dying at Winn's reaction, he was so giddy and excited and they were just like OK WINN FOCUS His face was hilarious.

That little IM exchange, I'm not going to lie, at first I was like ...ok really? but by the time it got to the last part "You stoped reactron, something I could never do, guess it was a job for supergirl " I was tearing up. It was so sweet.
Personal Tumblr
bellectrifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

this was such a good ep.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I loved this episode! I feel like they're getting better and better.
They really are

I loved the outcome of Kara beating a villain that her cousin couldn't, too.

And the IMs

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Damn I am so glad we have a new 'Super' show. Since Smallville I've missed having "Keeping Up with the Kryptonians" (yes I am so using that from now on! even though I personally can't stand the kardashians) on my screen every week- my love of all the movies and comics aside.

That said, let me break down my review of the episode shall I?! \S/

~*~*~

Kara: I've never used the word 'cute' to describe a superhero themed show but that's exactly what Kara/Supergirl is. I'm coming to love this version of the character more so than I have in any other mediums, 'Smallville' included.

Loved her trying to figure out who she was and not wanting to be just Superman's shadow.

And her face off with Reactron was insane, even her losses.

Kara/Alex: Seriously love these two! Love how Alex always has her sister's back and just their relationship in general is fun to watch.

Kara/Superman: One thing I have always felt for Kara is how she's always been that shadow. She's always termed as Superman's Cousin, always in the shadow of the older brother. So for them to address that was excellent.

I loved how angry she was at Clark for saving her and then how she vented to Alex how things shouldn't have been the way they turned out- how it should have been her being there for Clark and for being the one to protect him and not the other way around. That scene just broke my heart because you could see how much pain it's caused Kara. Especially once her voice started to break when she said, "I was the one supposed to be saving him, not the other way around."

That end scene where Clark sent Kara an IM was just the icing. Truth is, they're both trying to find their footing with each other especially now that Kara has embraced her birthright. It's new territory for them. But man that IM scene killed me! Especially once Kara didn't refer to him as Superman or 'my cousin' but simply, Clark.

~*~*~

Winn- Dude his reaction finding out Clark is Superman was the greatest!

And so cool how he got that old office which will now be a Supergirl headquarters right in the very office.

~*~*~

James: We knew what his watch was but to finally see it- loved it!

And loved how protective he was over Kara and then later admitted how the Superman watch has become his own crutch.

Looking forward to the history with him and Lucy!

~*~*~

- So many Superman references and we got to see him! I know, I know, this is Kara's story but I can't help but get excited when we see our MOS.

I do wonder if we'll actually ever get to see him. I'm betting no but it would be cool to see a live action version on the show.

~*~*~

- Okay Peter Facinelli as Maxwell Lord; damn! I get the guy for wanting to save the planet but he gave me the creeps! Especially when he and Cat were dancing together. I can't wait for more of him.

~*~*~

- Overall, very happy with the episode and they do continue to get better and better.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:24 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I loved this episode so much!
I love all the Superman's mentions. How much Kara wants to be on her own not in his shadow's.

I'm not a fan of so many mentions of Superman on this show, because he hasn't appeared on it yet that I've seen. I'm not a huge Superman fan, but if he's going to keep getting mentioned on a show he might as well appear on it. I kinda want Tom Welling to show up on ''Supergirl'' as his character from ''Smallville'' that couldn't fly during most of the seasons, but instead had lightning quick speed. Supergirl could fly, but not Superman. Kidding.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^- No worries I'll never be over that unfortunately. I hated that 'No flight, no tights' rule on Smallville.

And while I've come to accept the CGI version of Superman I do want him to make an actual appearance but I doubt it will happen.

~*~*~

I'm a huge Superman fan, have been since I was 4 and I even have a Superman Shield tattoo.

~*~*~

Wasn't too big on the version of Kara in 'Smallville' but I am loving this new version of her. Melissa is perfect!
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

This a such a good series, Melissa is perfect for the part. I even like Cat Grant, mean and full of herself but hilarious at the same time
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love everyone's thoughts! I'm going to watch the new one soon.

I'm just so concerned with the ratings... I hope CBS gives this series a chance. It's too good to be pulled. I hate that it's on the same night as Monday Night Football.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree- that's the downside, the show got a crappy time slot because of football.

I really hope this show is given a chance too. It's barely in it's 3rd episode so it still has potential.

I want it to last a while so it can eventually have crossovers with Flash and Arrow
Emma♥Neal
Reply   Post New Thread