Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2019, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Sadly in this world truth is easier to express than justice is to be given.

She spoke her truth. It’s what she wanted to do. And that’s what matters most. And maybe because of her words somebody else will have the courage to seek help before things get worse for them. It’s an important message and hopefully it reaches people and changes lives for the better.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Don’t watch the show and am not familiar with Melissa’s work but I just had to stop by after reading about her domestic abuse story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
This is so sad. The violence she described. And the fact that she turned the iPhone incident into a funny story to tell on television just breaks my heart. It's amazing that she found the strength to share this story.

I don't really know Blake Jenner but if I were a fan, I would not continue supporting him, what Melissa described is vile and horrifying. He doesn't win if people keep supporting him, quite the contrary.
It’s so heartbreaking to watch that clip and know that she’s trying to laugh it off and cover up for the abuse. She’s so strong for going through all that and now having the courage to share her story, in the hopes of helping other people in her situation. I respect that so much.

He is absolutely vile and his behaviour is beyond disgusting and reproachable and I for one will never watch a project involving him.

Now that the truth is out, I hope that it’s a cathartic thing for her and it’s also lovely seeing her castmembers, friends, her husband (of course) and fans rallying around her and giving her support at this time.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 11-29-2019, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Sadly in this world truth is easier to express than justice is to be given.

She spoke her truth. It’s what she wanted to do. And that’s what matters most. And maybe because of her words somebody else will have the courage to seek help before things get worse for them. It’s an important message and hopefully it reaches people and changes lives for the better.
This. Well said. He doesn't deserve the attention. It's about her, and all the people she will help and have helped already with the message shared with the world now. I have never loved Melissa more.

I can respect if people will never watch a project involving him again, but I also think it's not fair to the others part of that project. I have learned to separate the character from the actor, having gone through a tragic event within our Smallville family (Allison Mack). I will absolutely still enjoy Chloe and Allison's acting talent. It'll be impossible not to watch Smallville ever again, or Ant Bully. Another example is for the movie, Everyone Wants Some, Tyler Hoechlin was in this also. I own the movie. I'm not going to say I won't watch that movie ever again. And I feel that is okay. It isn't saying I support Blake. That's my opinion though. To each their own.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't do that, I would feel guilty and I would constantly remember what the person did. I'd feel like it would mean I prioritize me being entertained over what the victims went through.

Quote:
It’s so heartbreaking to watch that clip and know that she’s trying to laugh it off and cover up for the abuse. She’s so strong for going through all that and now having the courage to share her story, in the hopes of helping other people in her situation. I respect that so much.

Now that the truth is out, I hope that it’s a cathartic thing for her and it’s also lovely seeing her castmembers, friends, her husband (of course) and fans rallying around her and giving her support at this time.
It's really inspiring that she decided to share this story to help others who are in a similar situatiion. It takes a lot of courage to do that. And it's great that she found so much support and didn't have to deal with the aftermath alone.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would too. I probably won't like his character at all. However, I also wouldn't feel right about dismissing the project entirely because of him. Because it wouldn't just be him in it.

We should go back to talking about Kara and Melissa. He has gotten enough attention, more than he deserves. He's not worth our time. And we are losing the point of her message if we continue to discuss him.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 11-30-2019, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the videos
Old 12-01-2019, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hollywood Rallies Around Melissa Benoist After She Shares Domestic Violence Story
Old 12-01-2019, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love all the support that Melissa has received and it's just sad she went through all of that though.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

It has even made the news. So cool. Not what she went through, but how powerful her voice is and how wide it is spreading!
Old 12-01-2019, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Love all the support that Melissa has received and it's just sad she went through all of that though.
It really is
Old 12-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 12-01-2019, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No there's not
Old 12-03-2019, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 12-04-2019, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks
Closed Thread   Post New Thread