Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2017, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

there is no way they would pass on the opportunity to have a same sex wedding on a superhero show. I can definitely see it happening in s4/s5 if everything works out accordingly.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 03-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Emma♥Neal
Old 03-13-2017, 05:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yep, I'm holding out for a huge, fabulous, gay Sanvers wedding down the line somewhere, and I want the entire Arrowverse there, and Alex in a gorgeous dress, Maggie in a tux.

Eliza and Kara with Caitlin, Felicity, and Iris, all crying, Sara Lance with her "you GO girls" smirk, and even stone-hearted Oliver getting misty eyed.

Then I want some misguided super villain to try something nearby, without realizing that basically the entire CW Justice League is next door.

Come on, it practically writes itself!
Old 03-13-2017, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

**** no. they should both wear dresses, like calzona did.

*stares at the gifset*
alex's coming out (to maggie) speech is still one of my favourite scenes in season 2.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 03-13-2017, 08:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
**** no. they should both wear dresses, like calzona did.
I'm fine with that, too!

I have this idea that Maggie should be the one to propose, and that it happens sometime before the annual Thanksgiving gathering, so that Alex has to be a nervous wreck yet again in announcing the big news, since this is now a running joke every Thanksgiving.

Quote:
alex's coming out (to maggie) speech is still one of my favourite scenes in season 2.
Indeed, episodes 5 and 6 were a real highlight, with some of Chyler's best acting of the season. The second scene with Kara, on Kara's couch in ep. 6 still wrecks me, and then the ending of the episode, of course, which was our first view of Alex's apt.

Last edited by Green One; 03-13-2017 at 08:46 PM
Old 03-13-2017, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

IDK, I think alex should be the one to propose. that would be connected to her arc of coming out, acceptance and growth. besides, in the comics, batwoman is the one who proposed so... I do think maggie will be saying "I love you" first, though.

and space dad would be the one giving alex away because **** jeremiah, really. poor maggie wouldn't have anyone on her side, though.

Quote:
Indeed, episodes 5 and 6 were a real highlight, with some of Chyler's best acting of the season. The second scene with Kara, on Kara's couch in ep. 6 still wrecks me, and then the ending of the episode, of course, which was our first view of Alex's apt.
the end of ep 14 where she simply breaks down into maggie's arms was also fantastic. no dialogue necessary. chyler is the real deal.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]

Last edited by danvers; 03-13-2017 at 10:08 PM
Old 03-14-2017, 01:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
n the comics, batwoman is the one who proposed so...
True. Reading those comics now, actually; what a great story! A different Maggie in many ways, but still a great character.

Quote:
chyler is the real deal.
Yes, she's talked about how she can cry on command pretty easily, but even so, those kinds of scenes must be draining. She's so very good at conveying deep emotions.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You guys talking about weddings and I'm getting all emotional
Old 03-14-2017, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Next year I m sure we'll get a proposal. They've totally made them out to be endgame. Only a death would stop it
Old 03-14-2017, 01:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Only a death would stop it
Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg has specifically ruled out either of them dying, and he and exec producer Ali Adler have both said that they are committed to the relationship going forward (she even used the word "Sanvers" in her interview). I do think that they are breaking the pattern of the "bury your gays" trope, and so they should.

Amusingly and interestingly, Chyler liked two tweets in the last couple of days, one about Sanvers being endgame and one about Maggie and Alex getting married (which was posted here earlier). No doubt that got fandom talking!
Old 03-14-2017, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I know. And thats why I said it that way. There's no possible way as things are, that these two would split up.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL we're going overboard with the wedding talk but that's because of how great they are. Total endgame
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-14-2017, 03:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

In an interview last week, Chyler even referenced the Clexa debacle from The 100, and categorically said "the lesbian is not dying!" She was talking about Alex, of course, but it was amusing. The stars and the producers are well aware of how important this relationship is, and the importance of not screwing it up.

Floriana has a recurring role on another show (Lethal Weapon, where she appears in flashbacks as the dead wife of one of the main characters; it's also been renewed), which may help explain her limited screen time on SG. But that's a pretty sweet deal for any actor: guaranteed work for the show's duration on two different series. Given that SG could easily run for 5 or 6 seasons, and given how iconic these two have already become, I imagine she'll be happy to stick around for the whole run.

I like the idea of Sanvers being the most stable relationship on the show. There's something wonderfully subversive about the gay couple staying together for better and worse, while the hetero relationships around them go through the usual CW teen-style angst.

If the producers really want to make a bold statement, that's the one to make.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I imagine she'll be happy to stick around for the whole run.
it's the role of her career. there is no way she would look elsewhere. she was a legit nobody before chyler hunted her down.

Quote:
I like the idea of Sanvers being the most stable relationship on the show. There's something wonderfully subversive about the gay couple staying together for better and worse, while the hetero relationships around them go through the usual CW teen-style angst.
yes! I do hope they let them be the stable couple of the show. it may be boring to some, but I take that any day over the on-off bull**** most pairings go through in fiction. the moment they start creating drama for the sake of drama, and cheating and third parties or one of them wanting a kid, I'm out. at least they are both lesbians so there is zero chance of them leaving the other to be with a man - or sleeping with a man and conveniently getting pregnant. sigh. so ****ing tired of the tropes.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 03-14-2017, 07:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
it's the role of her career.
It's interesting, because she's been in a dozen TV shows over the years in supporting roles, but has never become an A-lister or lead. She's very talented, but sometimes, it just takes that one role for a given actor/actress to click with, and suddenly, they make a name for themselves. Maggie is definitely that role for her.

Quote:
so ****ing tired of the tropes.
Agreed. Made-up relationship drama is one of the laziest story-telling devices out there. The Sanvers conflicts so far, though not always handled perfectly, have served to help them grow with each other and as characters, which is a refreshing change.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread