Omg omg omg. Floriana saying my name might kill me
Old 03-27-2017, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

alex, you sweet baby gay, you.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 03-27-2017, 02:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Chyler talks a bit more about more about Alex's and Maggie's relationship, and their staying together through good times and bad:

‘Supergirl’: Alex & Maggie Relationship Scoop & Chyler Leigh On ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ - Hollywood Life
Old 03-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

^ screams endgame to me

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 03-27-2017, 03:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I love in the clip how
Spoiler:

So sweet!
Old 03-27-2017, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved that too!

So can't wait for tonight. Been waiting for this since seeing all those BTS pics!
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-27-2017, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

I hope they won't butcher their scenes tonight like they did 213 (which ended up being extremely disappointing).

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 03-27-2017, 04:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, I'm sure their story line be given at least 3 whole minutes...
Old 03-27-2017, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the clip!
Old 03-27-2017, 06:25 PM
Master Fan

maggie and alex have the best scene of an episode again. what a shocker.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]

Last edited by danvers; 03-27-2017 at 09:20 PM
Old 03-27-2017, 09:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, the apartment scene in particular was lovely. As usual, their scenes could have been longer, but they got nearly seven minutes of screen time this week.

I love how they continue to open up to each other, and use genuine problems to build a stronger relationship. Maggie has been nursing huge amounts of hurt for years, which has made her make mistakes, but Alex doesn't judge, and instead continues to be there for her. Alex realizes that Maggie is not perfect, and more importantly, that's OK.

It feels so authentic and sweet. They're still one of the best couples on TV.

I'm holding out hope for ILY's in episode 19, which won't air until May 1.

I must admit, I was still hoping that "Emily" was a nickname or some such, and that her real name was "Kate," but that's just me being a comic nerd. Batwoman may or may not even exist on Earth 38, and in any case, she and Maggie were clearly never together.

Gah, why do we have a four-week break now?!
Old 03-28-2017, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I dont dont get why every scene of theirs is so rushed
Old 03-28-2017, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have been waiting for one of them to comfort/reassure the other whilst holding their face and I was not disappointed. Beautiful moment. Beautiful scene.

These two continue to be the saving grace of the show even when they have shortened/rushed scenes. I really hope 2x19 delivers when they get to take centre stage more. I hope it's worth waiting the 5 weeks for.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Also, when Alex grabs Maggie by her jacket and pulls her in to kiss her.

That little move, and Alex joking about how lucky Maggie is, are part of a bigger character arc for Alex. The development over the last few episodes has been Alex growing in her confidence and seeing herself as an equal to Maggie, rather than a little puppy following her around. From their Valentine's Day fight when Alex stood her ground to last night, when she was the one doing the comforting to a vulnerable Maggie, this has been a great growth story arc.

The overall lack of screen time has had to do in part with Flo dividing her time between Supergirl and Lethal Weapon (which has now wrapped filming), but the actual scenes themselves, I agree, are too short. Each of their scenes last night could have been 30 seconds longer and they would not have felt like they were dragging. There is definitely some annoying and choppy editing going on, and scenes that are likely longer are getting cut shorter. This is something needs to be fixed going forward.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

lethal weapon had nothing to do with it. the fandom knows exactly the weeks FL was in LA filming her 2 minutes of screentime for that show. she hasn't filmed LW at all this year, so it's been over 3 episodes with her screentime more of the same as in the past, with the exception of 203 and 204. PLUS, she won't be in 18 and 20 at all and who knows how minimal her involvement in the last two episodes will be. they are sidelining maggie for the same reason they are sidelining james - to make time for mon-el. and that's all there is to it.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread