Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2018, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearllers (View Post)

I can't see him not staying with the Legion regardless of what he feels for Kara or Imra. Ultimately he has to do that hero thing where they choose the mission or their relationship. It happens every time- some big dramatic catastrophe happens and the hero has to either save the day and sacrifice their relationship, or save the relationship and sacrifice the day. Classic superhero trope.
yea it happened s2 already when kara had to use the lead bomb and let mon-el go..

him being able to stay will most likely be some bs reason/convenient solution for why he doesnt have to go back to the future.. maybe whatever they do now changes the future so significantly that it's just not necessary (i mean the blight that takes out the planets could be the worldkillers)

the fact that they let the dna bs thing/he has to return to the future comment so early just convinces me that it's not going to happen
Old 02-07-2018, 11:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
that there are things that the producers have said, taken in combination with what has been presented this far in the season, that have led me to the conclusions I've drawn.
Honestly I see things differently. Things can seems bad because so far we saw that Mon-El had move on, but he believed that he had lost Kara forever and he married Imra for political reason at first. Yeah he grew to love her, but what he feels for these 2 woman are two very different kind of love. The love he has for Irma is the one between 2 people who respect each other and with time grew to love one another.
The love for Kara is very different, is the unexpected and magical one, the one that you feel not matter what. He never forget her and kept her necklace for 7 years. This tells a lot. Their love is special, he couldn't even find the words to describes it
I appreciate that the show has handled this triangle in a mature way. Of course Mon-El should want to try to work it out with Imra. He has changed and this will be a way to show how he has grown.
There is gonna be some struggle..but things will get better.If there is one thing the latest eps did were giving us hope for karamel. Yes, it's gonna be a loooong jouney but t hey shared a special connection that overcome years and century and galaxy, their love will prevail again

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)
maybe whatever they do now changes the future so significantly that it's just not necessary (i mean the blight that takes out the planets could be the worldkillers)
the fact that they let the dna bs thing/he has to return to the future comment so early just convinces me that it's not going to happen
Agree.That it's another proof that he will stay. I think that the Legion changing the timeline will have affect on the future and things will be inevitably different, so Mon-El would stay in the 21st century.

Quote:
I dont see karamel getting back together anytime soon though nor do i even really want them to. it would be nice just to see them rebuild a friendship and get to know each other again before they head down that road again
I want to see them rebuild their friendship first too. They both have changed so much, especially Mon-El, so they need time to rediscover each other. I think it will be amazing to see them falling in love all over again. What can be more beautiful than this.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

anything they have said in prior interviews is quite suspect.. dont know for sure but i think they have change or will change some of what they had planned after the whole andrew mess

Spoiler:
Old 02-07-2018, 02:17 PM
Absolute Fan

There is absolutely no evidence that Supergirl's narrative was changed, though.

Furthermore, whatever happened to cause the series to suffer a production delay was completely unrelated to the accusations leveled against Kreisberg and his eventual firing.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 02-07-2018, 04:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
yea it happened s2 already when kara had to use the lead bomb and let mon-el go..

him being able to stay will most likely be some bs reason/convenient solution for why he doesnt have to go back to the future.. maybe whatever they do now changes the future so significantly that it's just not necessary (i mean the blight that takes out the planets could be the worldkillers)

That's what I'm afraid of. Gosh, I'm so picky. I want him to stay, but in a believable, non-convenient/cop-out way.

All of my issues could have been avoided if they would have just gone the easy, predictable route and just had Imra manipulating him.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's what I'm afraid of. Gosh, I'm so picky. I want him to stay, but in a believable, non-convenient/cop-out way.

All of my issues could have been avoided if they would have just gone the easy, predictable route and just had Imra manipulating him.
We have to make peace with the show we're watching.

They made a big deal about lead and he's back after an off-screen cure explained in exactly one line.

Quote:

Mon-El will do the "right" thing and save the day. He still has to return and save that planet right? And if he and Imra had to get married for political reasons what will happen when they separate, do those reasons just disappear? He is in charge of the Legion and I can't see him walking away from it, especially because he's been with them so much and people depend on him.

Don't be surprised if whatever they do with the Worldkillers changes the future. There's no major need for the Legion anymore - there's no "darkness." They are still together but don't have as many battles to fight. No need for Imra and Mon-El to have a symbolic marriage and Mon-El stays behind as a Legionnaire to help protect the future by keeping the peace or something like that. And there'll be some device created to communicate with them and travel to the future if he's ever needed.

I see karamel has already said something similar.
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 02-07-2018 at 05:55 PM
Old 02-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Thanks for the picture .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 02-07-2018, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

well if you can consider a major lie as manipulation

this show is all about cop-outs
Old 02-07-2018, 10:37 PM
Passionate Fan

I suppose it depends on the lie. Better be dramatic and shocking and horrible. And believable.

That's a weird thing to wish for.

Well, we'll find out soon. And by soon I mean months away. Stupid hiatus.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:30 AM
New Fan

sorry guys but i will always ship karamel sorry to Comic book fans that ship brainiac and kara but i dont like the actor that Plays brainiac he to short for melissa and a dont like that stupid Bollywood actress amy Jackson shes a joke sorry i am happy when Irma and braniy fianlly leave in ep 17 the Legion was a joke just for Drama effect and stupid love triangle sorry for Irma and brainy fans but this is a karamel thread for fans of this couple
Old 02-08-2018, 03:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiqa (View Post)
Don't be surprised if whatever they do with the Worldkillers changes the future. There's no major need for the Legion anymore - there's no "darkness." They are still together but don't have as many battles to fight. No need for Imra and Mon-El to have a symbolic marriage and Mon-El stays behind as a Legionnaire to help protect the future by keeping the peace or something like that. And there'll be some device created to communicate with them and travel to the future if he's ever needed.

I see karamel has already said something similar.
I agree with you both. Once the future changes there is no more darkness to fight so Mon-El isn't forced to come back to the future. He will understand that the 21st is his real home and decide to stay with his family and near Kara.

Spoiler:

Last edited by simy; 02-23-2018 at 08:21 AM
Old 02-08-2018, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I suppose it depends on the lie. Better be dramatic and shocking and horrible. And believable.

That's a weird thing to wish for.
the cop-out? well when they introduce a marriage solely just as a plot device for angst/drama for the main couple, i have no problem with it dissolving by any reason at this point

i dont want a cop-out solution, i just dont trust/think the writers will have any good solutions to fix the mess they wrote themselves into

honestly, i dont stay for the show for great writing (they have never had the best writing.. moments of greatness here and there but overall nothing special) karamel drew me in for s2 and they continue to be one of the few reasons i still watch the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymelly (View Post)
the Legion was a joke just for Drama effect and stupid love triangle sorry for Irma and brainy fans but this is a karamel thread for fans of this couple
was really excited for legion even though i dont read comics.. just seemed like a cool group with many story possibilities but they have been seriously underutilized here.. only 3 of them first of all and brainy hasnt even been in past two eps and wont be in next two

Spoiler:

Last edited by karamel; 02-08-2018 at 12:29 PM
Old 02-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:
Old 02-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

Legion has been a big disappointment and I wish they wouldn't have brought them if this was what they planned to use them for which so far has be romance drama from Imra and some comedy from Brainy. 3x10 was the chance to show them as a competent team but they dropped the ball on them.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper