Fan Forum Star

pretty art

glad we are learning more about what happened with monel

{}
Old 02-06-2018, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiqa (View Post)
I'm still not sure what possessed them to write this storyline. But oh well.

DRAMAAAAA even though a lot of storylines could've provided drama.

yea it's still a mess but not unsalvagable esp depending on what imra has been lying about in regards to mission
Old 02-06-2018, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
The balcony is the new couch basically!
I look forward to their eventual return to the couch.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:53 AM
Absolute Fan

I don't mean to be antagonistic, but the conversation captured in GIF form above actually has very little to do with Kara and the Karamel relationship despite Mon-El mentioning her and their previous romance during it.

It's actually about his own emotional conundrum, which is further driven home when he later takes J'onn's advice and opens up to Imra, whom he very clearly loves, about the reasons for his distancing behavior.

I was and remain a Karamel supporter, but would caution against "reading" more into the writers' actions than is truly intended in regards to the current romance-tinged storylines that both Kara and Mon-El are involved in.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 02-06-2018, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

what do you think is intended then in terms of where they are taking this in the future eps?
Old 02-06-2018, 11:10 AM
Loyal Fan

If I had to be honest I didn't expect much Karamel content in this episode, but instead we got plenty It's great to be surprised sometimes despite they shared only few moments together, this episode showcased in such a simple way how beautiful,pure and unique their love is
I'm so happy that we finally had an inside on what Mon-El is truly feeling. Poor man. He's so torn inside. He cleary still love Kara, but in a different way he loves Imra too.He want to do the rigth thing and doesn't want to hurt anyone.
I love that he finally opened up to J'onn. He needed it. It was such a mature moment that show how much he has grown. It's so cute how J’onn is always taking care of everyone and giving the best advice Space dad

Mon-El talking about his feeling for Kara
“With Kara I mean....There is nothing logical about falling in love with Kara...but what I felt for her,it was just...being back here is... I've had to keep a distance from Kara, because whenever I'm around her, these old feelings get stirred up."
OMG My heart melted he couldn't even find words big enough to describe his love for her
Old 02-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I look forward to their eventual return to the couch.
Same!
Old 02-06-2018, 01:27 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)
what do you think is intended then in terms of where they are taking this in the future eps?
Kara and Mon-El finding a balance wherein their lingering mutual feelings for one another are reconciled into a working relationship that is largely platonic.

As much as I liked and continue to like the Karamel pairing, the introduction of Brainiac 5 and Mon-El and Imra clearly being in love with one another are a pretty strong indicator that the series has moved beyond having Kara and Mon-El's stories intertwined romantically.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
Kara and Mon-El finding a balance wherein their lingering mutual feelings for one another are reconciled into a working relationship that is largely platonic.

As much as I liked and continue to like the Karamel pairing, the introduction of Brainiac 5 and Mon-El and Imra clearly being in love with one another are a pretty strong indicator that the series has moved beyond having Kara and Mon-El's stories intertwined romantically.

Forever long lurker here (seriously for about a year now), and I am getting the same feeling. I love Mon-El, and him and Kara together, but the last 3-4 episodes have been pretty discouraging as far as me being able to see them in a relationship anytime soon (I have serious concerns over Mon-El's longevity on the show at the moment). Everyone has been so happy/positive here that I didn't want to de-lurk with my storm cloud pessimism. But since you said something.... I agree with you is all. I can't help but feel if Kara and Mon-El were in the cards for the foreseeable future they'd be writing it all different. I realize TV relationships need to have drama and follow a certain set of cliche's and tropes, but they are just going in a different place with story arcs/characterizations that I'm having a hard time reconciling if they are putting them back together in the foreseeable future. I just don't know where they are going with it right now if they are intending to go Mon-El/Kara. It feels like it's being written more as a sense of closure in the relationship for the characters.

Would LOVE to be wrong, but they are going in a direction with the story arcs that are sending up red flags to me. Seriously hope I'm wrong. Please tell me I'm wrong. Mon-El is my favorite character, and I haven't shipped a couple as much as them in a long time so I really do want them to work out, despite my pessimism.

Pessimistic/debbie downer/storm cloud post over. Carry on everyone and thanks for your insights. I enjoy lurking and reading them.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

Here's my view: I don't think Mon-El and Imra are clearly in love with each other. If anything, Mon-El's words described his relationship with Imra and him growing to love her and being content.

"Content" is the kiss of death for television romances and I assure you their marriage will be over one way or another.

Quote:
I can't help but feel if Kara and Mon-El were in the cards for the foreseeable future they'd be writing it all different.
They could be writing closure for Kara and Mon-El but I've never seen it written this way. Kara has not moved on. Every so often, she will say that she's getting better and it'll get negated in the next episode. That's not how you write a relationship that's ending. In fact, we've seen that happen before to the season 1 relationship. They write them as friends almost immediately.

Instead, it's been dragging on with Kara and Mon-El having the same repetitive scenes at the end of the episode. Prior to that, it was Kara present for Mon-El/Imra PDA. That relationship doesn't exist for itself but as an obstacle relationship.

As for what happened in the last episode, of course Mon-El should want to try to work it out with Imra. He can't go running off to his ex just because he's in her presence again. He needs to be shown struggling for his character growth. My guess is that it will have the cliche ending of Imra leaving him.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:47 PM
Loyal Fan

You don't have to be so pessimist. I know karamel are cleary not getting together right away,but every episode give us one more hint that they are endgame.It's gonna be a long journey, but they will find each other again. I think it would proprably happen next year.
What made me so excited about the episode was that we finally had an inside of Mon-El pov. Before 3x13 we had only saw him crying in the cell, but now he had finally express his internal conflict. This situation is really hard for him too because he is split between 2 woman that he both loves in different way. To be honest I was happy to see him follow J'onn advice and being honest to Imra, that show how much he has grown and his commitment to be a better person.

I don't how things will evolve,
Spoiler:

but one thing I'm sure is that Karamel are destinated to get back together. You can actually see it in every scene they had shared since 3x07. From their looks, the costant parallels, the karamel theme playing in every important scene. IMO they will getting closer and there will be a reunion
probably s4 but they will get there

Last edited by simy; 02-06-2018 at 11:16 PM
Old 02-06-2018, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i def think at times some of us are watching different shows

maybe im seeing things through a shipper goggle, but im still pretty confident in saying that karamel is not over.. we already have precedent for what done with ships are like on this show (winn anyone? james?)
why invest so much time in them (esp with the repetitive scenes these past few eps) if it's going nowhere, they literally did not need to bring mon-el back at all even if they wanted to do legion

i still dont see mon-el loving imra, at least not in the same way he does for kara.. i can buy that like he said feelings deepened esp given the circumstances, he was 'mourning' for kara, he chose to marry imra for the greater good, she and the legion were basically his lifeline in the future. maybe it's the same for some, but to me 'grew to love' and 'fell in love' are vastly different. grew to love and being 'content' (not dopey grin, butterflies in my stomach happy) feels like he settled and got use to the situation. of course he still wants the marriage to work out with imra, he still believes he needs to go back to the future bc of the dna bs (i'm sure they can find an equally bs reason to resolve that)

but whatever this lie is from imra is gonna be the game changer

Spoiler:

i dont see karamel getting back together anytime soon though nor do i even really want them to. it would be nice just to see them rebuild a friendship and get to know each other again before they head down that road again
Old 02-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't mean to be a pessimist. Fiction from TV shows and books have trained me to be that way.

You know it's not even really Imra and Mon-El's feelings for her that has me worried. It's a part, but a small part. I think it's more about Mon-El's character growth and duty they've been showing all season. Let me play devil's advocate for one more second- plus discussion right?

My primary concern comes from Mon-El being the leader of the Legion and all the hero business they've been doing for years on end. He's said often how Kara inspires him and he was going to be the man she thought he could be. Kara puts duty first- the mission is most important. She will sacrifice personal feelings to do the right thing if she has to. Mon-El will do the same thing. He agreed to the outcome in the Season 2 finale, he married Imra in a political marriage, he was initially unwilling to fight Reign because he has planet saving DNA and he couldn't risk putting that mission in danger, etc.

I can't see him not staying with the Legion regardless of what he feels for Kara or Imra. Ultimately he has to do that hero thing where they choose the mission or their relationship. It happens every time- some big dramatic catastrophe happens and the hero has to either save the day and sacrifice their relationship, or save the relationship and sacrifice the day. Classic superhero trope.

Mon-El will do the "right" thing and save the day. He still has to return and save that planet right? And if he and Imra had to get married for political reasons what will happen when they separate, do those reasons just disappear? He is in charge of the Legion and I can't see him walking away from it, especially because he's been with them so much and people depend on him.

That's my concern. They've done a great job showing how Mon-El has changed and grown and what a good hero he is. But because of that, I'm not sure they could pull off him leaving the Legion and his responsibilities to stay with Kara without his characterization taking a bit of a hit. It's a confusing thought for me- On the one hand I'd get Kara/Mon-El back which is fantastic. On the other hand I love Mon-El as an individual character and his wife leaving him because of his mixed feelings and him leaving the Legion he started doesn't sit well with me from a character stand point.

I swear I'm done being a pessimist now. I really do appreciate everyones insights and interpretations though. Especially since my brain insists on interpreting things wrong. For all I know the writers will have a convincing way for it all to work out.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

He still very much loves Kara .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-53,NJH D-153 OSW D-179, J-Hope D-180, Jinyoung-D-201 JK-D-418

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-31 LDH D-389
Old 02-06-2018, 10:11 PM
Absolute Fan

I had a long involved post explaining why I think that the Karamel pairing isn't coming back, but the Internet apparently swallowed it. Suffice it to say that there are things that the producers have said, taken in combination with what has been presented this far in the season, that have led me to the conclusions I've drawn.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread