Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2017, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

They got to play Nintendo Switch!!! So cool. One day I will buy a Switch.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

The attacks and bullying of the cast over what happened was uncalled for. The comments weren't anything wrong with what he said so its sad that Jeremy had to turn off his comments. I can understand maybe getting hurt if your ship dosent happen, but there are better ways to deal with it then to target and harass the cast.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, thank you. Some people can't comprehend that, goodness. Respect should be above all else. It is just a ship. Of fictional characters. But the people we are attacking are REAL PEOPLE.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
Yes, thank you. Some people can't comprehend that, goodness. Respect should be above all else. It is just a ship. Of fictional characters. But the people we are attacking are REAL PEOPLE.
I think it's sad how people attack so hard and forget they're hating on a real person.

green eyes sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:47 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olshott (View Post)
The attacks and bullying of the cast over what happened was uncalled for. The comments weren't anything wrong with what he said so its sad that Jeremy had to turn off his comments. I can understand maybe getting hurt if your ship dosent happen, but there are better ways to deal with it then to target and harass the cast.
Its insane, utterly insane IMO - a sign of a person with deep-seated emotional problems using this as fig leaf to lash out.

I can't even imagine, being fairly old, how ridiculous this is. I grew up on Star Trek so if Gene Roddenberry, who I consider the top mind when it comes to TV show characterization and development, had gotten hate mail like this from a small, highly aggressive segment of the fan base demanding a romantic relationship or plotline be incorporated into the show, he'd have done one of two things:

1-told them to drop dead

2-told them to write a spec script and send it in. If the show liked it - they'd use it.

Gene was probably THE ONLY TV producer EVER in the history of TV to accept spec scripts from the fan base, and he used many (a different story for another time).

That said, this would be inconscionable in the old days; not to get too political, but some parts of society have reached a point where if they don't get everything they want RIGHT NOW - they will lash out and attack. I feel the media is to blame, but I'll save that for another time, also...
kryptonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

look, the simple matter is the writers/producers/network have the story they want to tell, the fans can like it or not. if they like it, great. if they don't, stop watching, let that do the talking for them.
but trying to change a storyline/direction as if they're somehow more entitled to what they want than what anybody else might want is just ridiculous

karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Heck, some were even attacking a former guest star on his Twitter because he made a pun about ships - in which the punchline was a picture of him literally standing on the deck of a ship.

This former guest star was busy throughout all of SDCC with his OWN show (you know, the one he actually stars in), and didn't even know what had gone down in the SG fandom.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love ships I have a ton of ships so I do want my ships to be together, but at the end of the day do I have that call? No its the writers and producers. And I'm fine with that, what is really important to me is the writing of the characters and if I am not happy with it? Then I don't watch its that simple I don't go an attack the cast or the producers for having a different opinion. I mean we all born with our own opinion which makes the world great.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Heck, some were even attacking a former guest star on his Twitter because he made a pun about ships - in which the punchline was a picture of him literally standing on the deck of a ship.

This former guest star was busy throughout all of SDCC with his OWN show (you know, the one he actually stars in), and didn't even know what had gone down in the SG fandom.
they probably thought he was talking about them because he has said how toxic they were before.. and cus everything resolves around them clearly
Old 07-26-2017, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Beautiful goofy pic of Jeremy!

Yeah all we can do is focus on the positives amidst all of the hate. They won't change because it is who they are. And worse, it is because they have a screen between them. Would they dare say those things to Jeremy in person? I don't think so.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 07-26-2017, 11:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you for the video
Old 07-27-2017, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Goofy Jeremy

Quote:
Beautiful goofy pic of Jeremy!

Yeah all we can do is focus on the positives amidst all of the hate. They won't change because it is who they are. And worse, it is because they have a screen between them. Would they dare say those things to Jeremy in person? I don't think so.
There's a very cowardly aspect to all the hating for sure.

Thanks for the vid!

green eyes sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Goofy Jeremy is just the best
Old 07-31-2017, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Reply   Post New Thread