Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2020, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

LOL. Looks like he's channeling Mario in the last one.
This one is new:

There were some paparazzi pics showing him crouching & sitting in the rubble prior to standing up & walking to Lex's limo. Brief scene that got cut I suppose. It's reminiscent of a scene from the comic books where Dream Girl was killed, there was mass destruction, and Brainy was crouching down in the rubble vowing to bring her back & was talking to a small rock/pebble. Everyone thought he'd lost it, but he was secretly talking to Shrinking Violet. IIRC, he threw the rock at the villain & the villain either inhaled it through his nose or swallowed it (can't remember which) & started laughing at Brainy until Shrinking Violet burst out from inside of him (only injuring him rather than killing him). At that point, the Imskians all pretty much worshiped Brainy because he had saved their planet.

I keep hoping Brainy will find a way to get in to Leviathan's ship.

I'm wondering how Ramakan knew that Brainy was Coluan (unless he'd been told by someone).

This clip has Brainy channeling Admiral Akbar from Star Wars:

Man, they evacuated the DEO super fast. I wonder what happened to the prisoners. I wonder if this means the DEO is gone or just relocated.

I was irritated with how Dreamer said she had decided to support Brainy after he took off his inhibitors "no matter what" but the moment he broke up with her she started doubting him & was rude to him afterward. She demonstrated the opposite of support.

I agree with Elektra that it was good he called out Supergirl and Dreamer for not telling him when they found Ramakan. Trust is a two-way street & they weren't showing much trust in him & then had the gall to complain he wasn't keeping them in the loop.

I wonder if Brainy is supposed to have some sort of ability that prevents him from being crushed because that chunk of concrete would have squished him or broken bones rather than just trapping him-- common TV trope though.

It will be interesting to see if he's barred from their little clubhouse & whether or not Lena will tell Kara that Brainy is working with Lex to stop Leviathan.
zannej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:02 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zannej (View Post)

I wonder if Brainy is supposed to have some sort of ability that prevents him from being crushed because that chunk of concrete would have squished him or broken bones rather than just trapping him-- common TV trope though.

Well, last season he managed to survive a truck being tossed at him, so I guess Brainy is a bit more durable than Humans.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 05-13-2020, 10:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't remember the truck hitting him last season. LOL. But he did mention something about Alex being the fragile human. I don't think he had any sort of invulnerability or super strength in the comic books, but I didn't read all of the versions.

He seemed to move super-fast when he grabbed Nia & zipped out before the building collapsed- but I wonder if that is from the flight ring & has limited duration. Like a burst of speed for emergency but isn't a sustainable speed. I'm still hoping he'll bring out the forcefield belt at some point.

Love the pic David posted. He gives some nice bts pics & vids from time to time. I want to see Brainy get a hug from J'onn at some point. Winn said J'onn gave the best hugs. LOL.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:30 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I didn't remember the truck hitting him last season. LOL.
Brainy took the brunt of the truck being tossed by Agent Liberty:

Quote:
But he did mention something about Alex being the fragile human. I don't think he had any sort of invulnerability or super strength in the comic books, but I didn't read all of the versions.
He doesn't, as far as I know. He usually uses his force field in the comics. He doesn't have the force field on the show, so I'm thinking maybe they just made him more durable as a compromise.
Quote:
He seemed to move super-fast when he grabbed Nia & zipped out before the building collapsed- but I wonder if that is from the flight ring & has limited duration.
I think the flight ring lets him fly super fast, even if he can't normally move that fast.

Last edited by Elektra; 05-13-2020 at 11:42 AM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the gif! I had completely forgotten about that scene. I wonder if his flight ring offers him more protection against stuff since it protects him from mind control. When he wasn't wearing it & was mind controlled he got knocked out by Alex with a punch-- but then, they seem inconsistent with his abilities/vulnerabilities. Jesse said that Eager-Brainy had a forcefield belt. I figured that since he had that Brainy's knowledge, he could make his own forcefield belt.

I really wish they would have him create something that he could transfer to a member of Leviathan (like, Gemma) by touch & when she goes to the ship it would infect the ship & get in to the system to take Leviathan down. If he can program nanites to eat Kryptonite, surely he can do something like that with Leviathan.

I want to see him throat-punch Lex, use the mind connection thing he used on Kara to see inside Lex's mind & find out what he's up to (or have J'onn scan his mind), use the image inducer to look like Lex, mimic Lex's voice, and get on board Leviathan's ship.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:34 PM
Total Fan

I kept hoping the nanites were something he'd have regular control over, but once they ate the Kryptonite, that was it. They disappeared.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
Well, last season he managed to survive a truck being tossed at him, so I guess Brainy is a bit more durable than Humans.
He sure is
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 05-17-2020, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great photo, thanks
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:16 AM
Total Fan

Based on last night's episode, I thought it would be fitting to post this here: