Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2020, 11:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I made some fun gifs of Brainy talking to.... himself....

LOL! Love the gifs. I do love the glasses and the jacket inspired by a longer coat he wore in the comics.

Someone on Twitter was requesting good screenshots of the coat/jacket. I was going to ask here but the forum was down for awhile. Tumblr used to be my go-to for stuff like that but there have been some changes & I have a very hard time loading it with my ISP.

I like that Brainy consulted the soccer-mom Brainy, but it looks like he wasn't happy with the advice.

I'm getting tired of Brainy being so dumb compared to Lex & not being able to figure things out. Brainy should have been able to get around whatever failsafe was in there. He should be a better hacker than Felicity & Cisco now that he's uninhibited, has had plenty of time to learn the tech in the past, & has the knowledge of the other two Brainy's. There is no excuse for him to be that bad at computer stuff other than "plot force".
I do like Brainy's new haircut, but I kinda miss the long hair. I understand why they felt it was appropriate for him to cut it.

Despite being head of the DEO, other than one employee coming in and addressing him as a superior, he didn't seem to be acting like he was in charge. I'd like to see him being more authoritative in future episodes. And I'd really like to see him figure things out and get ahead of Lex. I keep hoping that he's secretly pretending to be having trouble with figuring out Lex's plans to keep Lex off-guard for when he finally flips on him after Leviathan is taken down. I also hope that Brainy can figure out how to use Toyman's code to infiltrate Leviathan himself.

I think Lex just wants Leviathan's tech & doesn't care if they are a threat to the world so long as he gets what he wants.

Interesting that Brainy foresees that his friends will figure out he's working with Lex (at least that's what I'm guessing) and that they will be upset with him. I hope he's wrong.
zannej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 11:49 AM
Total Fan

^^^ I hope you're right, and Brainy is just playing "dumb". Like... maybe he knew how to hack the codes to stop the launch, but purposely texted Lex to see if Lex really was behind it. The fact that Lex ignored Brainy's "911" text just confirmed it for him, but Brainy had enough faith in Kara to trust that she would stop that woman from destroying everything.

Okay, so maybe I'm just being TOO hopeful... but I hate the idea that Brainy couldn't hack Lex's codes.

Anyway, I made an "incorrect Supergirl quotes" gif (where you use lines from something else and attribute it to a different show/character). The lines are from a recurring skit on SNL from the '90s

Old 03-09-2020, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice gifs
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
^^^ I hope you're right, and Brainy is just playing "dumb". Like... maybe he knew how to hack the codes to stop the launch, but purposely texted Lex to see if Lex really was behind it. The fact that Lex ignored Brainy's "911" text just confirmed it for him, but Brainy had enough faith in Kara to trust that she would stop that woman from destroying everything.

Okay, so maybe I'm just being TOO hopeful... but I hate the idea that Brainy couldn't hack Lex's codes.

Anyway, I made an "incorrect Supergirl quotes" gif (where you use lines from something else and attribute it to a different show/character). The lines are from a recurring skit on SNL from the '90s

My only other thought is that Brainy isn't outsmarting Lex because he's afraid to tap in to the memories/mindset of his villainous ancestors enough to think like a supervillain & maybe even access memories of the events on what happened (since he has ancestral memory). But I do hope he has a plan & doesn't just come off as a dimwit for the rest of the season.

That quote fits that gif well!

Do you happen to have any good screenshots of Earnest-Brainy's jacket that I can share with a friend on Twitter please?
Old 03-09-2020, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
There are about 57 cases of Covid-19 in Canada, mostly in Ontario and BC.

The con itself wasn't cancelled, Jesse just cancelled his appearance (as far as I know).

As for filming around Melissa's pregnancy: Jesse mentioned there was only going to be a few weeks turnaround from the end of S5 to filming the beginning of S6 at another con a few weeks ago.

Assuming the filming will go until middle or end of June, they should have most of the first batch of episodes done.
Thanks for the info
Old 03-09-2020, 07:07 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zannej (View Post)
My only other thought is that Brainy isn't outsmarting Lex because he's afraid to tap in to the memories/mindset of his villainous ancestors enough to think like a supervillain & maybe even access memories of the events on what happened (since he has ancestral memory). But I do hope he has a plan & doesn't just come off as a dimwit for the rest of the season.
I think I mentioned before that I believe Brainy is inhibiting himself by choice now because he's afraid to go "dark" to defeat Lex. He's afraid of what else it may bring out of him.

He needs to get rid of that fear to reach his full potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zannej (View Post)
Do you happen to have any good screenshots of Earnest-Brainy's jacket that I can share with a friend on Twitter please?
Interestingly enough, it seems to be the same jacket that Meaghan is wearing in that instagram picture of her and Jesse. I guess it's the latest in "Big Brain" fashion .

Jacket pix under the tag because they're big:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Elektra; 03-09-2020 at 07:15 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think I mentioned before that I believe Brainy is inhibiting himself by choice now because he's afraid to go "dark" to defeat Lex. He's afraid of what else it may bring out of him.

Interestingly enough, it seems to be the same jacket that Meaghan is wearing in that instagram picture of her and Jesse. I guess it's the latest in "Big Brain" fashion .

Jacket pix under the tag because they're big:

Spoiler:
Thank you so much! I'm linking the thread so she can see these.
It is a cool jacket. Love the glasses too.

I agree that I think Brainy really needs to tap in to his full potential, but it will be hard for the writers to go there because they won't be able to justify why he gets outsmarted or can't do things. It's one of the problems with how geniuses are handled on shows, they always get underestimated.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

He sure does, no doubt about that
Old 03-10-2020, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:41 PM
Total Fan

^^^ Green!Brainy in a purple hoodie instead of his Super Suit?!

Does this mean we're going to get Green!Brainy in more casual settings as well as when he's Superheroing?

Because I kinda need Brainy to own his awesome Green self on a regular basis, and only use the image inducer when he needs to disguise himself in public (and hey, it's not as if Jesse isn't used to wearing alien makeup and wigs full-time on a sci-fi show )
Old 03-10-2020, 08:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

The binary translated to "Hey girl". LOL.

It will be interesting to see if he was wearing that jacket with that makeup or if he was wearing something else.

I hope the green Brainy scenes don't get cut. I'm sure Jesse is ok with the makeup & wig, but he probably prefers to go without since it's faster and easier on his skin-- that adhesive can start to itch after awhile.

I think I mentioned I'm hoping Brainy will show more authority as he's giving orders at the DEO. It would also be funny if he was running an op & encountered Alex in public & she had to stop herself from jumping in.

I just had a thought-- Brainy had to download Toyman's code to a thumb drive, but shouldn't he have been able to record the data by looking at it-- like, every screen that showed it he should have been able to memorize & then create a file for it for output-- faster than a thumb drive. But I don't think the writers thought of that.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think I found your Twitter Elektra so I am now stalking-- err-- following you. I saw an interaction with fairyroses about Brainy and whether or not he can drive and then saw the gif of him near a motorcycle. I'd completely forgotten about him riding the motorcycle. I don't know if Brainy has a driver's license. I imagine he flies a lot of places and we've seen him getting in to SUVs from the DEO. I think he probably could drive if he wanted to, but might not like the controls. He could probably do OK with the cars that have all sorts of computer controls for brakes and stuff. I've seen some TV shows where the bad guy takes control of the car and controls acceleration/braking, & even the steering. Not sure if that is actually possible, but I think Brainy could probably do it remotely if he wanted-- so long as they have some sort of Bluetooth or wifi type access.
I kind of want to see Brainy use his techonpath powers to take control of a vehicle that he's not in & make it stop or make it go where he wants it to go. If a hacker could do it, he could do it.
It will be interesting to see if they ever address his transportation situation-- as well as his living arrangements. He slept in Nia's bed when they were together, but they've never specified where he stays at night when he's not with her. My guess is either somewhere at the DEO or on his ship (assuming he still has his ship). I could see him wanting to avail himself of the bathroom on his ship instead of the bathrooms in this century. Before they showed him having his own ship & before he was with Nia, I was guessing he took naps in a broom closet at the DEO. They probably have cots & some kind of barracks there though.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the photo
Old 03-16-2020, 12:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Nicole posted a picture of Jesse in the green makeup & blonde wig as a behind-the-scenes thing during her Instagram takeover (not sure how to link it bc I think it was in "stories"). He was holding some sort of food. I was hoping that meant the most recently aired episode would have him in costume but either it got cut or it was for another episode.
There was very little of Brainy in the episode, but I can understand why. I'm glad he did his bit to help take down the ant-trans group.
I keep hoping he'll get to have some interaction with the VR stuff at some point to help save the day. As an AI he might have better insight.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, it was in the IG stories
Reply   Post New Thread