canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

during the episode they kept rescuing people onto it, millions
Old 12-12-2019, 05:11 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Generally I think that it could hold millions of people without knowing the size of Earth-1. Even small planets such as Earth & Mars can of course have the space to hold millions & into billions of people in Earth's case of course.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

They said they evacuated three BILLION people from Earth-38. But, that doesn't matter after part 3. Not sure what the rules on spoilers are so I won't mention it here.
But, if you want to watch just the crisis episodes they are on cw under a separate category: https://www.cwtv.com/shows/crisis-on-infinite-earths/

Next episodes are in January.

If the refugees from Earth-38 moving on to Earth-1 actually mattered, it would be a total disaster. Think about what happens when refugees pour in from other states after hurricanes or from other countries & try to find places to live. There would need to be housing, food, water, medicine, sanitation. We already have problems with overpopulation & some places don't have enough food to sustain the current population. It would be even more complicated because there may be doppelgangers of other people as well as aliens from space. There would be panic from some & excitement from others. But it would be chaos.

I was a volunteer to help with Operation Pacific Haven and it was a much smaller number of refugees but it took awhile & was confusing for many of the people. Military wanted to put them in tents but fortunately they had some un-used housing they were able to put many of them in. But the technology they were familiar with was different (they were mountain people & many of them never saw electricity before), language was different, & many of them were frightened while others were relieved & exhausted, but still nervous. That was just with a few thousand people. Now imagine billions from various planets as well as countries & trying to re-home them.

Last edited by zannej; 12-13-2019 at 11:55 AM
zannej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread