Old 12-08-2019, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] 5x9 - "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One" Dec 8th 2019

Season 5, Episode 9
"Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Sunday Dec 8th 2019

Quote:
The Monitor sends Harbinger to gather the worlds' greatest heroes - Supergirl, The Flash, Green Arrow, Batwoman, White Canary, The Atom and Superman - in preparation for the impending Crisis. With their worlds in imminent danger, the superheroes suit up for battle while J'onn and Alex recruit Lena to help them find a way to save the people of Earth-38.
Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

AHHH! It's here!
Old 12-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

I’m so excited for tonight.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am so ready!!!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Starting off with a bang and some tears.

Definitely started off with a bang and a lot of action. I can’t believe earth 38 is gone. Then they had to end the episode with that sad Oliver scene. Obviously his end can’t be this early and something changes.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 12-08-2019 at 07:00 PM
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:44 PM
Total Fan

THE CRISIS BEGINS!

- DANNY ELFMAN’S BATMAN THEME (Earth-89)! AND THE TITANS (Earth-9)!

- Oh, hello Burt Ward, Earth-66 Robin

- Awww, Baby Jon!

- Why must Kara suffer watching her planet (Argo) die again, and losing her mother again. WTF, CW? STOP MAKING KARA SUFFER!

I hope the show actually allows Kara permission to FEEL the aftermath of Crisis. It seems like she always has to be the "hopeful" one, and isn't allowed to grieve.

She also isn't allowed to be mad at Lena for stealing Myriad or trying to poison her with Kryptonite, apparently.

- Brainy, Lois, and Sara going on a side-quest to find Jon? Yes!

- Why does everyone have to grovel at Lena’s feet?! SHE DOESN’T DESERVE IT!

- The Anti-Monitor’s Shadow Demons trying to destroy the Monitor's machine! That was straight from the COIE comic.

- Where the heck did the Legion Cruiser come from?!! How did the Legion get back to the 31st Century if Brainy had the ship all this time? What was Winn piloting at the end of Season 3??!

- Lena, stop whining about Kara and Alex lying to you. Get over it.

- So… MOST of Earth-38 got saved. I’m assuming that includes all the regular characters.

- Surprised that Oliver died in the first hour. Are we going to see old-man Oliver take his place?
Old 12-08-2019, 08:49 PM
Passionate Fan

I was expecting Oliver to die at the conclusion of this mini series.

I agree I am also tired of Lena's tantrum.

It was great to see the heroes together.

Loved Oliver's scenes with Mia and with Sara.

So loving this .
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 04:37 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Well, Lena told Alex ''Don't mistake us working together as friendship.'' OK. I don't recall those 2 being big friends with each other, but perhaps they were & I just forgot as it has seemed for a while that they aren't at least close friends.

I don't tend to watch ''Arrow'' & didn't know that his daughter is apparently a teen or young adult. We did get to see him on his deathbed. I do have a question. Why was Nash whispering? Unless he does that a lot on ''The Flash'', which is another show that I have not watched. Part of what he said while whispering on this episode was ''Everything we know. Everything there is and everything there ever was (pause) is doomed.'' How he said that was strange to me. Overall this was a solid episode. It was difficult for me to get good looks at the villains though. Oh well. I don't even remember what they look like. I don't think I saw their faces.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
THE CRISIS BEGINS!

- DANNY ELFMAN’S BATMAN THEME (Earth-89)! AND THE TITANS (Earth-9)!

- Oh, hello Burt Ward, Earth-66 Robin

- Awww, Baby Jon!

- Why must Kara suffer watching her planet (Argo) die again, and losing her mother again. WTF, CW? STOP MAKING KARA SUFFER!

I hope the show actually allows Kara permission to FEEL the aftermath of Crisis. It seems like she always has to be the "hopeful" one, and isn't allowed to grieve.

She also isn't allowed to be mad at Lena for stealing Myriad or trying to poison her with Kryptonite, apparently.

- Brainy, Lois, and Sara going on a side-quest to find Jon? Yes!

- Why does everyone have to grovel at Lena’s feet?! SHE DOESN’T DESERVE IT!

- The Anti-Monitor’s Shadow Demons trying to destroy the Monitor's machine! That was straight from the COIE comic.

- Where the heck did the Legion Cruiser come from?!! How did the Legion get back to the 31st Century if Brainy had the ship all this time? What was Winn piloting at the end of Season 3??!

- Lena, stop whining about Kara and Alex lying to you. Get over it.

- So… MOST of Earth-38 got saved. I’m assuming that includes all the regular characters.

- Surprised that Oliver died in the first hour. Are we going to see old-man Oliver take his place?
Brainy going on the side quest with Lois and Sara was a bit odd to me. I found his "I'm excellent with children" line entertaining. Although, Jonathan is a baby still. I know that Jesse Rath really enjoys working with the actress who plays Lois (I can't recall her name). Brainy's reaction to getting wrapped up in the bola was pretty funny. I still felt like they dumbed him down though. They didn't even ask Brainy to try to figure out the whatchamajig & went straight to Lena. I realize it was for the plot, but it would have been nice if they established that Brainy's focus was actually really essential elsewhere (and not just going to see the baby & being pretty much useless).
I'm hoping we'll see more of Brainy interacting with Ray Palmer.
I agree that Kara needs time to mourn. She just lost her home again. I doubt things are the same on Earth1.
I also agree about it not making sense that the Legion left behind the ship-- unless it was a different ship that belonged to Brainy & was somehow docked inside the other ship via miniaturization? Why was it never mentioned before that he had it available? I did find his giraffe keychain funny.
The miniaturization is the only thing I can think of to explain how Brainy's ship made so much of a difference in evacuation.

Am I the only one wondering what happened to all of the pets & animals? Did any of them get brought along or were they all abandoned? How many people stayed because they didn't want to leave their pets?

Where the hell are the 3 billion refugees from Earth-38 going to go?

It was nice to see the brief glimpse of the Titans and Burt Ward.

Oliver's death seemed a little too underwhelming for some reason. I don't know why. It just seemed like it should happen in Arrow and not this show. I haven't been keeping up with it so I have no idea how his daughter is a teenager now.

Another thought: Was the entire universe for Earth-38 destroyed or just Argus & Earth? What about Mars? What happened to J'onn's brother? What about the other planets like Naltor & Colu? What about Titan (the moon of Saturn)? Does this mean the Legion members' home worlds were wiped out?
zannej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 06:40 PM

So much was going on in this episode that I wasn't thinking about pets. I can tell you that the actor's name playing "Lois Lane" is Bitsy Tulloch. She is from not to far from here in Portland & was on the show "Grimm" for a while among appearances on other shows such as "Portlandia".
Old 12-09-2019, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Alot happened in this episode it was wild!

I loved Oilver's scenes with Sara & Mia too.

I also loved Lois and Clark's scenes too. Baby Jonathan is adorable!

I cried when Oilver died!
Old 12-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did enjoy it and see everyone was working together

those shadows reminder me of HP

did not think oliver would die that way and I don't think that's the end for him

everyone meeting mia

good to see an appearance of titans

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
fire for a heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 02:50 PM

How did you think that he was going to die?
Old 12-10-2019, 11:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought about the pets because I always think about the animals and pets in the world disaster things. That was something that bugged me about the earth bender dude wanting to wipe everything out because the animals would be killed along with the humans-- not to mention the volcano would actually hurt the whole planet more than the humans were doing. It made no sense. But I digress...

I was particularly in tune with the thoughts of pets because Kara had to stop Spike & then said the pets in National City were all going crazy.

I thought that Oliver would get taken out by some sort of explosion while saving people-- sort of like Captain Cold on Legends of Tomorrow. He'd say words to his loved ones, go in, and then BAM. He'd be gone. But there are other Oliver Queens out there. I also didn't think he would go in the first episode & would instead die on his own series.
zannej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:52 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I don't tend to watch ''Arrow'' & didn't know that his daughter is apparently a teen or young adult. We did get to see him on his deathbed. I do have a question. Why was Nash whispering? Unless he does that a lot on ''The Flash'', which is another show that I have not watched.
Oliver's daughter is actually still a baby in the present.

The Mia we saw is from 20 years in the future, and grew up without her father (we know why now). She got pulled back in time by the Monitor several episodes ago on Arrow, and Oliver has been bonding with her ever since. He also has an adult son from the future.

As for Nash whispering -- yes. The various Wells' do have a tendency to whisper-talk. It gets annoying sometimes.
Reply   Post New Thread