Old 11-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] 5x5 - "Dangerous Liaisons" Nov 3rd 2019

Season 5, Episode 5
"Dangerous Liaisons"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Sunday Nov 3rd 2019

Quote:
On the eve of the worldwide launch of Andrea Rojas's VR contact lenses, Kara and William team up on an investigation that exposes a terrorist plot. Kelly and Alex celebrate an anniversary, but Alex's safety is in jeopardy.
Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:43 PM
Total Fan

- So, Kara didn’t tell Nia what William was up to? And Alex just let William walk right into the DEO?

- “Possessed by Spiders” Brainy was kinda cool!

I also love that he was allowed to be smart and figure things out.

- Why is Kara getting beat up so much this season?

- Need to see a Martian's lost memories? Need to stop a tsunami? Nia's got a power for that!

Need someone named "DREAMER" to have a precog dream about THE BIGGEST CRISIS EVER TO AFFECT THE MULTIVERSE? Well, that's apparently the one thing she CAN'T do.

- Oh look. Lena can now incept Malefic. I’m sure this will end well…
Lucifer Morningstar: Why do they blame me for all their little failings? As if I'd spent my days sitting on their shoulder, forcing them to commit acts they'd otherwise find repulsive. Oh, the Devil made me do it . I have never made any one of them do anything! Never!
- Lucifer (Netflix)
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 06:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

I liked possessed Brainy, although I suspect they only had it to 1. Give him something to do because he was barely utilized & 2. Have something interesting to feature Jesse's acting skills. He's very good at going all weird & really selling it.

I did find it hard to believe that Brainy would willingly allow an alien to take over his body even with all of the mental protections he had in place. It just seems to fly in the face of his previous fears about losing control & having the evil of his ancestors take over. This would be rather similar IMO. It still was a very cool scene though. Camera angles were rather weird and jarring- not my favorite technique.

Once again I had to force myself to suspend disbelief about the bad science on the show with the gun being able to fire something as hot as the sun & staying intact & not hurting the wielder. Then there's the ice cap thing-- It would have sublimated the ice, not melted it. If the molecules even remained intact it would have created steam.

I like that we had a moment with Nia being concerned about Kelly.

I actually like that Lena tricked J'onn's brother to get his powers. I'm surprised he didn't just use his powers on her (unless she was using some sort of dampener that prevented the powers from working on her).

I could tell from the moment I saw the facial hair in the flashback & saw the 4-"armed" dude that it was the same person.

It's starting to look like Andrea isn't evil-- just shallow-- & that she doesn't really want to be involved with the whole Leviathon thing. I'm guessing the older woman is her mother or grandmother, but she could be unrelated.

Even though the reporter dude (I know his name but am blanking on it) turned out to not be evil, there's still something I don't like about him. I can't put my finger on it. I don't know if it's the writing or the acting, but something about him seems over-the-top.

I hope that Kelly isn't going to break up with Alex over worrying about her putting her life on the line & causing Kelly stress.

I'm also hoping that Dreamer will start to get some flashes of Crisis & say something about it to the team.

I like the actor who is playing the human form of J'onn's brother. I've seen him somewhere before but can't seem to place him.

I liked the scenes with Kara & J'onn. I was never a big fan of Supergirl (or any of the Superfriends) or of Martian Manhunter in the comic books but I really like them both on this show.
zannej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:56 AM
Princess Of Themyscira

I loved Kara's red dress at the beginning of the episode.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by zannej (View Post)

I like the actor who is playing the human form of J'onn's brother. I've seen him somewhere before but can't seem to place him.
That's Phil Lamarr. He was an original cast member of the late Saturday night FOX show ''Mad TV''. He's had lots of voice-overs in animated shows & video games as well.

I guess I should have expected Roar to be ''Russell''. I'm not a shipper of Alex & Kelly, so don't mind if they breakup or not.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top