Old 11-24-2018, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] 4x7 - "Rather the Fallen Angel" - November 25th 2018

Season 4, Episode 7
"Rather the Fallen Angel"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Sunday November 25th 2018

Quote:
James falls in deeper with the Children of Liberty in his efforts to meet Agent Liberty. Meanwhile, Supergirl and Manchester Black follow a lead on Agent Liberty's location, but things take a dark turn. Lena kicks off her first set of trials
Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 07:47 PM
Total Fan

- Lena doesn’t want any personal information about her subjects in case things go bad, as it did in Adam’s case. At least he knew what he was getting into, and agreed to it – even to the extent that he talked Lena into continuing after she wanted to stop.

- James? Maybe you SHOULD care what Agent Liberty does with your reputation. You’re the head of a major media organization and all. Do you expect people to trust CatCo if they see you on TV being anti-alien?

At least he realized the error of his ways and made good in the end.

- Kara, if you’re going to an island that you know will cut your powers, you may want to bring your Legion ring along. I mean… it can help you fly at the very least.

- Manchester Black, you just made the list. I was rooting for you! How dare you 1) Betray Kara (destroying the power dampeners after the fact does not make it okay) and 2) Cause J’onn pain!

On a side note: Where did Manchester get the fancy armor from?

- What was Brainy watching at Kara and Alex’s house? He seemed really into it…

- Noooo, space dad is crying! That hurts my heart.

While this episode hit some good emotional beats, I found it one of the least interesting episodes since Season 4 began. In comparison, next week’s episode looks like it will be a lot of fun.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:01 PM
Absolute Fan

After a very disappointing episode in Call to Action, Supergirl bounced back with its strongest episode to date. Yes, the writers continued to have James act like an idiot and are for some reason keeping him and Lena apart unnecessarily, but the rest of the episode worked extremely well.

Speaking of Lena, I cannot wait to see if she's successful in her experiments with the harunel. It sucks that she lost her first test subject, Adam, but if she can accomplish everything she's hoping to, it'll be ultimately worth the tragedy. It was also neat to find out more about her background and how she ended up with the Luthors.

Manchester Black is honestly the best addition to the series since Mon-El and Lena were introduced in Season 2, and his anti-hero status has me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what he's going to do next.

I wish we'd seen Nia this week because she was one of the few highlights of last week's episode, but I'm really happy she'll be a big part of next week's episode, so it ultimately evens out.

J'onn never gets emotional, so it was incredibly powerful and moving to see him break down at the end of the episode after Manchester 'dosed' him with that empathy amplifier, and it's going to be interesting to see what the full fallout is going to be.

I do wish last week's episode hadn't sucked so much, but it's nice to see the series bounce back to the quality it's had for its first 70 epiaodes, and I can't wait to see where things go next.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
- Lena doesn’t want any personal information about her subjects in case things go bad, as it did in Adam’s case. At least he knew what he was getting into, and agreed to it – even to the extent that he talked Lena into continuing after she wanted to stop.
For a moment, before we learned at the end that Adam did not survive the trial, I thought, is this the new Superboy? It's sad he died, but I liked seeing the conflict in Lena about what she was doing. Katie never fails to deliver those emotional scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
- Manchester Black, you just made the list. I was rooting for you! How dare you 1) Betray Kara (destroying the power dampeners after the fact does not make it okay) and 2) Cause J’onn pain!
I was furious Manchester betrayed Supergirl liked that. I know, he's going down a dark path but at some point, he needs to snap out of it. How dare he make J'onn cry?!!
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:23 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Yeah. I think this shows to not trust any new characters on this show. Also it was odd seeing that apparent hologram of Supergirl talk about how safe Earth is. In part because there are people with nuclear weapons on it. Now thankfully they haven't used any, which I suppose makes Earth safe. But if I wasn't from this planet I'd want to know about things that could quite possibly destroy it once I got here.

On a lighter note, I think this is the episode I saw Supergirl give Manchester Black a pot pie. Is that common do you know? I've never given or received a pot pie as a gift before. Maybe 1 of you have. I do enjoy them though. I guess it could be hard to decide what to give Manchester Black as a gift.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread