Old 04-28-2019, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] 4x19 - "American Dreamer" April 28th 2019

Season 4, Episode 19
"American Dreamer"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Sunday April 28th 2019

Quote:
Dreamer becomes National City's protector while Kara works to clear Supergirl's name and gets into a showdown with Ben Lockwood; James takes extreme measures to get over his PTSD.
Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:17 PM
Total Fan

- I wish I could type as fast as Kara

- Why does no one take Brainy seriously? He’s a 12th Level intellect and knows what he’s talking about. He was making a lot of sense with his talk of false memories

- Why did James have to get the same powers as Kara? Couldn’t he have gotten some other kind of powers instead?

- Did Dreamer join the Green Lantern Corp or something? Her powers are like the GL constructs.

- Kara is using Nia to take over TV studios to preach hope instead of doing it herself this season.

- They should have turned the cameras back on when Lockwood attacked CatCo

- Can we get more of Franklin the Dryad?

- Lena and Brainy are my BROTP!

- I like that Lena came clean about working with Lex, and Kara was understanding. Let’s hope Lena will be just as understanding when she finds out her BFF is Supergirl.

Last edited by Elektra; 04-28-2019 at 08:46 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Brining this over from an OT of someone who watches Supergirl

small wins for the good guys for a chage....

Dreamer has come out and exposed herself trying to sway the Americans that there are some really great Aliens like her.... and she should have also said that Supergirl didn't attack the White House...it was Lex's clone.

Ben Lockwood and the evil US government failed to arrest Dreamer...

...and Kara found out about Lex's secret land purchase

btw...please let Melissa sing again on Supergirl….
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
- Did Dreamer join the Green Lantern Corp or something? Her powers are like the GL constructs. .
You mean the fancy light effects? I was thinking maybe Brainy made something for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
- I like that Lena came clean about working with Lex, and Kara was understanding. Let’s hope Lena will be just as understanding when she finds out her BFF is Supergirl.
I liked that Lena told Kara, but yeah, I still see the falling out happening once Kara is exposed as Supergirl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Dreamer has come out and exposed herself trying to sway the Americans that there are some really great Aliens like her.... and she should have also said that Supergirl didn't attack the White House...it was Lex's clone.
Yeah, but we're not there yet in the story. At least Lena and Kara figured out that they need to go to Kaznia. We're getting there, lol!

I think the moment I fangirled the most was when Brainy asked aloud while watching Nia's interview, 'What does love feel like?' OMG, Brainy loves Nia!!! My 'shipper heart just exploded.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, but we're not there yet in the story. At least Lena and Kara figured out that they need to go to Kaznia. We're getting there, lol!
the interview was the way she exposed herself… her secret identity is still a secret
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:47 AM
Passionate Fan

I agree that they should have turned the cameras on when Lockwood and this fellow thugs came barging in and attacked the news station.

Nia was great as Dreamer.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:32 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I didn't notice that nobody apparently takes Brainy seriously. Seems odd if that's the case since I think he's smarter than them all.

Anyway, I finally watched this episode yesterday. First, I was somewhat surprised that the guy towards the beginning of this episode that Kara elbowed, didn't at least yell something at her for doing it. Like ''Bitch!'' or something else perhaps. It did seem random, but unless his nose was broken I'm surprised he didn't say anything.

Also, that lady & I forget her name off the top of my head, but it was the 1 that said to Kara ''I'm sorry, but you don't know what it's like to walk around with a target on your back.'' Hearing that pissed me off. How well does she even know Kara to say that to her? Ugh. Kara though being so polite didn't smack her for it. Good for her.

I do find it also odd that Kara wants to take down Lex Luthor, but Superman is apparently nowhere to be found to help out. That's kind of funny, because from the Supergirl comics that I've read, she doesn't have what I remember any even altercations or occurrences where Kara has met Lex Luthor, but OK, if she can do whatever her goal is to Lex without his help then more power to her.

Also, so that guy was threatening I think people with a gun on this episode & then they went right to a commercial break I remember. That was lame, in part because I don't even remember & I just watched this yesterday how that deescalated after the commercial exactly.

Last & certainly not least, those damn kids that teased Jimmy are fortunate that he didn't 1 day decide to get revenge on them, which since I saw with my own eyes that they put him in a coffin, besides teasing him about his dad being dead seems reasonable that he would come back to do some serious harm on them, but Jimmy is quite a nice guy & apparently has decided perhaps better of it. I do wonder though who taught those kids how to treat others, particularly when they are dealing with a death of a close person.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top