Old 04-21-2019, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] 4x18 - "Crime and Punishment" April 21st 2019

Season 4, Episode 18
"Crime and Punishment"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Sunday April 21st 2019

Quote:
Kara and Lena head to Stryker's Island to find clues that may help defeat Lex; Kelly encourages James to confide in someone about his PTSD; Alex faces off against Ben Lockwood when he takes powerful weapons from the DEO to hunt Supergirl.
Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:07 PM
Total Fan

- When inmates are happy to see you, you know something’s wrong.

- I like Hayley making things difficult for Lockwood

- I love Brainy using his 12th level intellect to sneak into the computer servers

- Wait… Lena just randomly carries around a Kryptonite shield for Supergirl?

- The human prisoners really think they can stop Supergirl?

- Supergirl going into Kara-mode was great! She seems to have fans in prison who are willing to talk.

Maybe she should have gone in as Kara in the first place, instead of going in as Supergirl.

- Someone’s going to try and get the registry out of Brainy's head, aren’t they?
Old 04-24-2019, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
- When inmates are happy to see you, you know something’s wrong.
Yup.

Quote:
- I like Hayley making things difficult for Lockwood
Me, too. It shows at least that she has a conscious.

Quote:
- I love Brainy using his 12th level intellect to sneak into the computer servers
That was a fun scene to watch, especially his commentary and his continued love of movies. I love that he has become so immersed in a lot of human pop culture, but I also wonder, because we don't really see what his personal home life is like, when does he have time to watch these movies that he mentions?

Quote:
- Wait… Lena just randomly carries around a Kryptonite shield for Supergirl?
To be fair, she probably grabbed it from her secret lab before she left with Supergirl.

It's so hard to believe that this season is over. It doesn't feel like it's been 18 episodes already. It feels like the season has come and gone.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:41 PM
Website Manager

I got to wonder what Cat Grant is thinking of this whole situation since she is one of the people who knows Kara is Supergirl.

The Shield doesn't look like it takes up that much space, and they do seem to get in trouble a fair bit.

Quote:
Someone’s going to try and get the registry out of Brainy's head, aren’t they?
How would they know it's there unless they're somehow able to track that it was transferred there.

Quote:
Supergirl going into Kara-mode was great! She seems to have fans in prison who are willing to talk.
I like that actor who plays the prisoner in this episode ever since I seen him in the White Collar tv series as Mozzie.

Quote:
The human prisoners really think they can stop Supergirl?
Same could be said about the person shooting at her when she was trying to save someone from a flipped car. Sadly people don't seem to learn.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)
I got to wonder what Cat Grant is thinking of this whole situation since she is one of the people who knows Kara is Supergirl.
What does Cat Grant think about what has been happening in National City? Good question. I'm not even sure if she is currently working for Baker's administration.

I think Cat probably thinks, the common people are too wrapped up in their emotions to realize that there is no way that was Supergirl. Definitely an evil twin, or you know, Kryptonite. At least Kara remembered this episode that she is a reporter and there are other ways of getting at the truth.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:18 PM
Website Manager

Well there was the episode that Jon disguised himself as Kara to try and fool Cat and it looks like that didn't really work, she just kept her knowledge to herself until the end of season 2 when we the audience heard her. So I imagine she probably doesn't think it's her knowing what kind of a person Kara is.

But yeah, I doubt she's working with the new administration. The government seem pretty corrupt although things have been twisted against the aliens pretty quick. Although this is just the US, not sure what other countries in this universe have for alien laws, but they might be better of going elsewhere if they can't get off world.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread