Old 03-24-2019, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] 4x16 - "The House of L" March 24th 2019

Season 4, Episode 16
"The House of L"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Sunday March 24th 2019

Quote:
In the wake of Lex Luthor's return, the show flashes back to what he's been doing for the last two years and how his secret machinations and plans have affected Supergirl and Lena.
Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:11 PM
Total Fan

- Nice Daily Planet cameo

- Oh oh… Lex has powers. That’s not good.

- Eve is a Lex Luthor fangirl. I guess she was sent to spy on James, and eventually Lena.

- So Lex can just walk right out of prison whenever he feels like it?

- Kaznian!Supergirl (or... Snowbird, I guess?) can’t stop thinking about Alex? AND she wants to help people? Curse you for brainwashing her, Lex!

- Kaznian!Kara likes Chocos!

- I had a theory that Mercy and Otis were working for Lex back when they first showed up. Guess my theory was right.

- Whooo… shout out to Kara’s original comic book secret identity: Linda Lee. Not just her name, but her dark wig too.

I'm going to call Kaznian!Kara "Linda" from here on out.

- How does Lex know Kara is Supergirl but Lena can’t figure it out?

- THE LEXOSUIT!

- Lex tried to kill Linda's only friend! So glad Otis actually saved the kid. Good job, Otis.

- Does Lex have a soft spot for Linda, or is he just being manipulative because he wants her as his weapon?

- We haven’t seen the Children of Liberty in a while. Did the writers finally realize that story is boring and go with something more interesting? This probably should have been the main story of the season, with the CoL only popping up occasionally.

- It looks like Linda is going to be pretend to be Supergirl, which will lead to everyone hunting down Supergirl. This will be interesting…

Last edited by Elektra; 03-24-2019 at 06:37 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

I have to say, I think this flashback episode with Lex and Red Daughter was the best this season. There were so many connecting threads from earlier this season that came together this past episode. Basically, Lex was behind it all.

I liked seeing Red Daughter and Lex interact. I wasn't sure how to characterize their relationship. Lex is Red Daughter's mentor and "friend," but I also felt a romantic vibe too which was weird and I know that's wrong, but I kind of 'shipped it; if the show was going that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
How does Lex know Kara is Supergirl but Lena can’t figure it out?
I want to know that too. Lex is really smart, and a really good artist too. That sketch thing he made in his cell, that was fantastic. I also love this trope, where spoiled rich villains are allowed to decorate their cellblock and basically make it into a luxurious suite. I know cell blocks are not like that in real life, but his cell at the end before his release, looked really nice.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:29 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Lex having all those people suffocate in the courtroom on this episode just after the verdict was read was odd. Also, according to Lex Luthor, Superman made him commit his crimes. I don't remember a supervillain use that defence before. Wow. I will say that Kara looked good in that sweater she was wearing on this episode or maybe that was the Red Daughter in it. Not a bad episode.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread