Old 10-13-2018, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

[Episode Discussion] 4x1 - "American Alien" - October 14th 2018

Season 4, Episode 1
"American Alien"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Sunday October 14th 2018

Quote:
Supergirl is called into action when remnants of Cadmus attempt to assassinate pro-alien leaders, but their endgame turns out to be more sinister than she thinks.
Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Old 10-14-2018, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 10-14-2018, 05:00 PM
Communications Team
nutty pine nut

I have posted about the premiere on the social communities

Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter

Feel free to share where you've got an account
Old 10-14-2018, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks
Old 10-14-2018, 07:11 PM
Total Fan

- Check out the bright new colourful logo!

- Hey, Kal-el is visiting Auntie Alura on Argo! Glad that it's still around and hasn't been forgotten about. Hopefully we'll get more scenes with Kara and her mom.

- Nice to hear that Sam and Ruby are doing okay

- So the alien bar doubles as a community center?

- Ahh, Brainy. Love him. I really like that he’s using his AI to hack into tech like the cuffs around Kara’s ankles… but shouldn't he be able to hack into computers and WiFi/internet remotely without having to actually type anything into a computer/tablet first?

I mean, we did see a little bit of that, but it should be a constant thing. I imagine his AI core works faster than a regular computer would.

- Brainy and Alex BROTP? I’m here for it. I figured she’d be upset he wasn’t Winn, and I was right. Glad to see these two had a little moment of bonding at the end (he misses his friends too. Awwww…).

Can’t wait until Brainy gets his own clothing style though. Winn’s style just doesn’t suit him.

- I like that Brainy jumped into action when needed (and he used the Flight ring!), then returned to being Kara's “man in the van” as required. I hope this will be indicative of their interactions this season (with a little more personal banter as the season progresses, of course).

Question: Lena is selling the personal image inducers… but didn’t Brainy create those (at least, the one he uses)? Or is his a more advanced version than whatever Lena put on the market?

On a side note: When Brainy flew off to help Kara, did he change into his Legion uniform mid-flight? That takes some skill...

Supergirl: Brainy!
Brainy (looking around dramatically): It is I!
Me: Extra much?

- Nia is so cute… but stand up for your story, girl! C’mon.

- Kara being an A+ mentor to Nia was great! I look forward to seeing more of that.

- J’onn, I love you.... but you're being a little TOO zen right now.

- I’m going to take Kara sticking up for Brainy to Alex as a KaraDox hint… even if it’s not, because Kara/Brainy are really cute in the comics, and I need to see that on this show eventually (I’m willing to wait).

- Alex’s suit has some kinda neat little force-field thing she can put over bombs? Cool!

- Oh crap. President Wonder Woman just got outed.

- Evil!Supergirl is drilling through the Earth. That can’t be leading to anything good…

All in all, a great first episode! I’m really looking forward to this season.

Last edited by Elektra; 10-14-2018 at 08:13 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Loved the episode.

Loved the new character Nia. I can't wait to see more of her and her friendship with Kara.

Hogwarts will always be your HOME

ic: magicrubbish LJ
Jason Morgan | Thor Odinson | Kate Kane {Batwoman} | Steffy & Bill | WestAllen Family | Rory + Jess {Their story is not over}
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:44 PM
Communications Team
nutty pine nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)
thanks
Welcome

Ive got to watch 3rd season but hope to be caught up for 4x02 live
Old Yesterday, 12:09 AM
Addicted Fan

I wasn't able to watch the finale of Season 3, but went ahead and watched the Season 4 premiere anyway, and I liked it a lot.

The callbacks to Season 2 with both Cadmus and Lillian (whom I had no idea was returning) were a nice way to introduce both the season's "Earth First" narrative and Agent Liberty, while also factoring into what could end up being a interesting new source of internal conflict for Lena if it's followed through on.

Brainy's conflict with Alex was both well-written and hilarious, and really gave both Chyler Leigh and Jesse Rath an opportunity to show off their range as actors; it also led to a really great "Supersisters" bonding scene with Alex and Kara.

Speaking of Kara, I loved everything about her story this episode, from her global exploits as Supergirl to her mentoring of Nia (who is amazing, I might add) to the tension between her and J'onn, and am really interested to see how they interact going forward with J'onn taking on a more pacifistic 'activist' role.

My only real complaints are that they kind of tacked on the appearance of "Red Daughter" and didn't give President Marsdin's exposure the focus it needed, but we'll see what, if anything, comes of those things in "Fallout".

Overall, I thought this was a very strong season premiere that set the table for some very intriguing storylines going forward on both a large and small scale, and I can't wait to see where all of this leads.

President Olivia Marsdin: I suppose I owe you an explanation.
Cat Grant: At least tell me you're still a Democrat!
DigificWriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Brainy is an odd character I think. Remember when he warned Kara about something in this episode, but it was too late yet he said something anyway? It was awkward. Anyway the big news on this episode to me was that the President is an alien posing as a human I believe. That's fine, but it would've been funnier I think if the President on here was an alien posing as Trump.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Anyway the big news on this episode to me was that the President is an alien posing as a human I believe. That's fine, but it would've been funnier I think if the President on here was an alien posing as Trump.
They actually revealed the alien President in Season 2 to Alex, Winn, and Kara. They found out at the end of that season, and Cat Grant happened to be there and found out as well (she didn't seem fazed by it though ).

Last edited by Elektra; Yesterday at 07:56 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

I liked this episode. I'm excited to see where the storyline goes this season.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

So they all already knew? Oops Forgot about that, though it had been a while since I've seen ''Supergirl'', since I don't rewatch episodes usually if it all of it.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
They actually revealed the alien President in Season 2 to Alex, Winn, and Kara. They found out at the end of that season, and Cat Grant happened to be there and found out as well (she didn't seem fazed by it though ).
Cat wasn't fazed by Marsdin's alien nature because she'd accidentally uncovered it years earlier when she and Marsdin were college roommates but had dismissed it as a hallucination brought on by the consumption of Pot brownies.

J'onn is also aware that Marsdin is an alien, and vice versa.

President Olivia Marsdin: I suppose I owe you an explanation.
Cat Grant: At least tell me you're still a Democrat!
DigificWriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread