Old 02-05-2018, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] 3x13 - "Both Sides Now" - February 5th 2018

Season 3, Episode 12
"Both Sides Now"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Monday February 5th 2018

Quote:
The DEO captures a second Worldkiller, Purity (guest star Krys Marshall). Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and Alex (Chyler Leigh) use very different methods of interrogation with Purity in the hopes of finding out how to defeat Reign (Odette Annable). However, Purity escapes and attacks the city’s subway tunnels. Meanwhile, J’onn (David Harewood), Winn (Jeremy Jordan) and Mon-El (Christopher Wood) band together to fix the Legion ship.
Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 07:21 PM
Total Fan

- Why did Alex become all Un-Alex-like when trying to apprehend Purity? Julia didn’t make any threatening moves towards Kara. I don't buy the whole "I'm still upset over my breakup so I'm going to be a jerk" excuse. It would have made more sense for her to say she was worried for Kara dealing with the World Killers because of what Reign did to her.

- So Purity is… another version of Black Canary?

- Why wasn’t Brainy helping to fix the ship? Wouldn't he have been a better choice than Mon-el, what with his technological know-how and all?

- Awwww, Winn hugging Alex! I have a feeling he’s the DEO’s resident hugger.

- Mon-el and Imra was an arranged marriage? Really? Can’t the show just let Kara and Mon-el make a clean break already? I'm bored with this subplot.

On a side note: I'm just going to bite my tongue about the re-emergence of some of Mon-el's more annoying character traits tonight...

- And Purity with the backbreaker on Supergirl! This match is a slobberknocker, folks!

- Sooo… what IS the real reason the Legion came back to the past? Please tell me it involves leaving Brainy behind as a regular

- I’m guessing Lena is going to assume Sam has Multiple Personality Disorder? I'm pretty sure she wasn't thinking Sam was Reign.

- Wait, wasn't Winn supposed to be joining the Danvers sisters for chicken wings?

Last edited by Elektra; 02-05-2018 at 09:42 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:24 PM
Passionate Fan

I did not like how they busted into Julia/Purity's home the way they did. She was not a threat and could have handled this differently.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i think they didnt realize that there's a actual human side to her (that's unaware of the actual worldkiller in her).. like kara busted in but she obv realize just from the few seconds of interaction that she wasn't a threat and wanted to try different. it was weird how aggressive alex was though which escalated the situation so quickly..
Old 02-06-2018, 07:44 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)
i think they didnt realize that there's a actual human side to her (that's unaware of the actual worldkiller in her).. like kara busted in but she obv realize just from the few seconds of interaction that she wasn't a threat and wanted to try different. it was weird how aggressive alex was though which escalated the situation so quickly..
Not the best written ep of the series, that's for sure. There have been too many instances this season where people all of a sudden act out in ways that is not in keeping with their character, Alex' being the latest example.

I have other problems with the series this season which I feel is the show's weakest - but one of the more ridiculous aspects is Supergirl's inability to defeat her enemies, it seems everyone crawling out of the woodwork can beat her. Yes, I know, the World Killers were unstoppable, but she is supposed to be immensely powerful, yet seems quite underpowered in this show.
kryptonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonian (View Post)
I have other problems with the series this season which I feel is the show's weakest - but one of the more ridiculous aspects is Supergirl's inability to defeat her enemies, it seems everyone crawling out of the woodwork can beat her. Yes, I know, the World Killers were unstoppable, but she is supposed to be immensely powerful, yet seems quite underpowered in this show.
I co-sign this. It's so irritating!
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson (View Post)
I did not like how they busted into Julia/Purity's home the way they did. She was not a threat and could have handled this differently.
My problem with that scene was how Alex reacted. Julia was not a threat, and Alex went all trigger happy once Kara started reaching out to her.

I'm curious to see how Lena helps Sam.

I also hoped that Imra would talk about what Psy made her see. I would hope that whatever she saw, is important and it gets addressed but I also think, it may not.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

https://allendanverstherapy.tumblr.c...t/170614083359
Old 02-11-2018, 12:21 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
My problem with that scene was how Alex reacted. Julia was not a threat, and Alex went all trigger happy once Kara started reaching out to her.

I'm curious to see how Lena helps Sam.

I also hoped that Imra would talk about what Psy made her see. I would hope that whatever she saw, is important and it gets addressed but I also think, it may not.
Yes, Alex' behavior was idiotic and highly unprofessional, the perp was clearly not threatening and she escalated the situation for no good reason.

The fact that SG has x-ray vision yet they needed to ask Winn to use infrared scanning to see who was in the house, and once inside, they walked around carefully not knowing where Purity/Julia was when Kara could see through the walls was also dumb.

Even worse, what was Alex doing in the cell room with SG if they agreed to try things' Supergirl's way"? All Alex was doing was once again, stirring the pot and making things more hostile. The writing this season is not very good, its amateurish and it seems like a writer's room of soap opera veterans has been tasked with writing hard action/drama of a superhero, and they do not have a good handle on it.

Bring back the season one writers from CBS...
kryptonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:19 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Oh. I didn't know the writers changed. This episode was so-so I thought. I mean the arguing between Kara & her sister is nothing new though I could do without hearing it. It's great that Lena is going to make Sam better, so I guess there's nothing for her to worry about. That was weird about her disappearing with her daughter right by. Grown adults don't typically disappear out of thin air like that, but at least the worst for Sam is behind her apparently.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread