Old 01-29-2018, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] 3x12 - "For Good" - January 29th 2018

Season 3, Episode 12
"For Good"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Monday January 29th 2018

Quote:
Someone tries to kill Morgan Edge (guest star Adrian Pasdar) and he barely survives. He accuses Lena (Katie McGrath) of being behind the attempt and vows to destroy her. When Lena fears her hatred for Morgan will take her to the Luthor dark side, Kara (Melissa Benoist) steps in to help her friend. Meanwhile, after Sam (Odette Annable) realizes she’s losing time, she confides in Alex (Chyler Leigh) who decides to run some medical tests to see if she can find out what’s going on with her new friend.
Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:29 PM
Total Fan

- Well, Alex’s leg healed fast.

- Sam: You were a doctor?
Alex: I had a job up in Seattle for a while
Me: I see what you did there, show...

- Sooooo… are we getting Alex/Sam?

- Nice to see Ms. Tessmacher is still around

- Hey, James is getting to do stuff! Yay, James.

- Lillian Luthor is the ultimate helicopter parent. Someone is giving her daughter a hard time? She’ll just kill them…

- We finally got to see Lex’s suit!

- I’m not sure if the Mon-El / Kara scenes are supposed to be “sweet”, but I’m just finding them awkward. Kara has now been “mourning” her relationship with him for almost as long as she was actually with him (and I’m talking about after she found out he was alive and married). She needs to stop looking so forlorn every time she’s in his presence and just move on already (maybe with her comic-canon boyfriend, Brainiac-5).

- Aside from the Lillian-in-Lex’s suit vs Supergirl fight, this episode was a bit slow. Next week’s looks more exciting.

Last edited by Elektra; 01-29-2018 at 07:53 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

I thought for sure something would come up in those tests Alex ran on Sam, and the truth would out that she's Worldkiller but I guess it's still too early in the season for that to come out.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

well i thought she would be found out when alex was gonna give her the blood test.. i didnt think it would work.. like how she is jumping back and forth on her skin being impervious? she was bulletproof.. boiling hot water couldnt affect her.. but now her skin can be penetrated by a needle? ok...
Old 01-30-2018, 03:50 AM
Loyal Fan

^This. I'm glad someone else was wondering the same thing. Seriously, the needle people...

Icon by the talented MelBelle
Hipkarrma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:39 AM
Total Fan

I guess Reign's powers come and go depending on which "personality" is in charge. Not sure how that works. How can she change the entire makup of her body? If I recall correctly, her foster mother said something about how she was always healthy and never got hurt as a kid. It's a bit confusing
Old 01-30-2018, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

when she tried out the boiling water thing, she was 'sam'. even when the bullet hit her , she was 'sam' so.. but then again they were also able to inject her with the syringe of kryptonite when she was reign even though just being near it wasnt really enough to weaken her as alex said which was why they had to get high dose into her bloodstream ... guess it's just another one of those convenient for the plot type thing we have to deal with
Old 01-30-2018, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

I thought something would come out of the test. Instead it led to the same conversation they had in 3x5 about sisterhood. Goodness.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Chiqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

what an emotional episode
Old 01-30-2018, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiqa (View Post)
I thought something would come out of the test. Instead it led to the same conversation they had in 3x5 about sisterhood. Goodness.
still cringing at the lovefest.. i mean im all for great female friendships and stuff, but i feel they try way to hard with these 4 as a group.. i get they want the emotional payoff when they finally figure out sam is reign but still...

and how much longer can we buy that lena doesnt know kara is supergirl.. esp when they keep throwing around how smart she is. does she really not know or is she just being willfully ignorant about it now
Old 01-31-2018, 04:50 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)
still cringing at the lovefest.. i mean im all for great female friendships and stuff, but i feel they try way to hard with these 4 as a group.. i get they want the emotional payoff when they finally figure out sam is reign but still...
It would have been nice to actually see Sam's friendship with Alex and Kara develop. It's like "Hey, we just met but we're best friends now." It was the same with Kara/Lena. We didn't actually see that relationship develop either. One minute, Kara was "investigating" Lena, then suddenly they're best buds going to lunch together and on shopping sprees.

Oh well...
Old 01-31-2018, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

exactly.. even with sam and lena.. i thought she had just started working for lena.. i didnt get a close friendship vibe from them at all and then was it ep 5 probably when she just threw out that they have known each other for so long

on another note, i also found it weird when edge picked up the recording thing and didnt destroy it straight away.. why carry it around giving anyone the chance to retrieve it from him
Old 02-08-2018, 05:36 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Good question. It was kinda strange seeing Lena's mom go after Edge, because they seem to be both evil. Edge is such a jerk that really they'd be doing everyone a favor by killing him off in all likelihood, but instead he gets to be in jail apparently & nobody will have to worry about him for a while. I do fell bad for Lena having a mom like that. If I was Lena I'd try get away from her as much that I could, but doesn't appear that will happen for her.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i wonder if edge will be back this season though

i dont think he'll be in jail.. i mean a confession under duress? any semi-decent lawyer will be able to get him off.. though with these writers..
Reply   Post New Thread