Fan Forum Legend

[Episode Discussion] 3x10 - "Legion of Superheroes" - January 15th 2018

Season 3, Episode 10
"Legion of Superheroes"
Episode Discussion
original air date, Monday January 15th 2018

Basic Rules:
○ Be Respectful of other posters.
○ Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
○ No Character/Actor Bashing.
○ Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
○ Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
○ Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
karamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:19 PM
Total Fan

- So… Sam didn’t kill Ruby. Well… that’s a good thing.

- Hey, the show actually remembered Kara/James used to date! Whaddya know!

- Awww, fanboy!Brainy was disappointed Kara called their time together “torture”. Poor guy.

- @ J’onn stuck playing Kara again and doing a really bad job of it.

- Hey, J’onn – you’re strong enough to fight Reign so … umm… why don’t you do it?

- Flashback to the Kryptonite chain from the first Superman movie.

- STREAKY! Awwww… they brought in Kara’s comic-book kitty!

- So Bon Jovi’s Livin’ on a Prayer is the Legion’s theme song? Good choice, Mon-el.

- Can we keep Brainy around? Please? Pretty please? He’s now my favourite of all the new characters they’ve introduced!

- Is Kara getting over Mon-el? If so, there’s this unique-looking blue guy who seems really nice. Initials are B5… *cough*it’s comic book canon*cough*

- Ugh, priest guy is hanging out with Reign now? Go away, priest guy.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't really watch this show anymore but I HAD to watch this episode because I am a huge Brainiac fan, both the original and Brianic 5 version!! depends on the day for which one I prefer. lol Since Brainy 5 is the good version.

Also, I'm a huge fan of the Brainiac and Supergirl's relationship ever sense I watched that Justice League Unlimited episode of how they loved one another.

So, I was so happy with all of the scenes they shared in this episode! and yes I got shippy feelings since I don't care to ship Kara with any of the other characters on this show after the rollercoaster.

Brainy was awesome with his reactions and everything.

Manhunter as Kara was the greatest. ANd him asking to please never ask him to do that again. lol Hilarious.

I loved the Alex and Kara moments.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
- So… Sam didn’t kill Ruby. Well… that’s a good thing.

yea she had a super crush on him for the season but date would be quite strong to say considering they didnt even make it through an entire date

Quote:
- Awww, fanboy!Brainy was disappointed Kara called their time together “torture”. Poor guy.
was not feeling his look from stills and trailer but like it a lot more on screen even though he still does look weird.. he seems pretty cool so far

Quote:
melissa playing j'onn as kara is one of my favorite things

Quote:
- Hey, J’onn – you’re strong enough to fight Reign so … umm… why don’t you do it?
cus it seems they always give him the short end of the stick when it comes to his power.. same with mon-el, like why didn't he even use superspeed when he was running to reign? he uses ss several times last season. and then he couldnt punch out of the ice? hes the freakin leader of the legion and had 7 yrs, why continue keeping him weak?

Quote:
- STREAKY! Awwww… they brought in Kara’s comic-book kitty!
happy they got that in somehow

Quote:
- So Bon Jovi’s Livin’ on a Prayer is the Legion’s theme song? Good choice, Mon-el.
loved them blasting that when they came in

Quote:

- Is Kara getting over Mon-el? If so, there’s this unique-looking blue guy who seems really nice. Initials are B5… *cough*it’s comic book canon*cough*
don't know if they would go serious with them but hes def a fanboy over her so i could see some flirting and whatnot

Quote:
- Ugh, priest guy is hanging out with Reign now? Go away, priest guy.
i liked him better in his other eps, starting to tire of him now but i still really like chad lowe's portrayal of him
Old 01-15-2018, 08:06 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Brainy was awesome with his reactions and everything.
I was worried about what they would do with the character because of the way they made him look, but his personality made him really adorkable. I also loved that he signed Alex's cast in binary and was such a fanboy for Kara.

Hey mods - Can we start a Brainiac-5 appreciation thread on here even though he was only in one episode so far (hopefully more to come)?

Last edited by Elektra; 01-15-2018 at 08:33 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Absolute Fan

Great episode from top to bottom. * Some * highlights:
- Jesse Rath as Brainiac 5. David Rappaport Casting hasn't made a misstep yet in their casting choices for Supergirl, but this was the most inspired casting choice they've made yet, and the writers then followed suit by giving him the perfect personality; I also love that we got hints of a potential love connection between him and Kara, which, for all that I loved the Karamel relationship last year, would make me all kinds of happy

- Streaky; I love that the writers found a way to insert one of the "Superpets" into the story without stretching the credibility of the world they've created, and tied their introduction of him to Kara AS Kara, not Kara as Supergirl

- More Worldkillers; I love the concept of the Worldkillers as presented in the New 52 Supergirl comics, so the potential of getting to see more of them, or at least characters who are somewhat based on them, is really exciting. Plus, this "Worldkiller quest" means we get more of Chad Lowe being awesome, which is always good

- Legion mentions; I love the name-dropping of Ayla Ranzz and Winath, and am hoping we'll actually get to see her (and her brother) before the season's out, because we still have more Legion members who haven't been woken up yet

- Legion mystery; I'm really intrigued by the hints the writers dropped about the mission that sent the Legion back in time, and I can't wait to see where it goes and what else we learn

- J'onn as Kara; I love the awkwardness that ensues whenever J'onn has to impersonate Kara, especially if he's being asked to impersonate her for something that is out of his personal comfort zone, and Melissa is really great at impersonating David Harewood's gruffness as J'onn, so this was a win-win (no pun intended) all the way around

All in all, this was a wonderful return for Supergirl, and I can't wait to see where the show goes from here with this "Worldkiller hunt", the potentiality of a Kara/Brainy romance, and the tantalizing hints they dropped about the Legion's mission in the past and how it relates to both their future and the future of Earth as a whole, amongst other things.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I was worried about what they would do with the character because of the way they made him look, but his personality made him really adorkable. I also loved that he signed Alex's cast in binary and was such a fanboy for Kara.

Hey mods - Can we start a Brainiac-5 appreciation thread on here even though he was only in one episode so far (hopefully more to come)?
http://www.fanforum.com/f93/brainiac...lect-63202182/
Old 01-15-2018, 08:48 PM
Total Fan

Thank you so much. I wasn't sure since it's only been one episode
Old 01-16-2018, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I loved the special effects in this one so much. Reign truly scared me in every scene she was in.

Love the introduction to the comic character, and Kara’s comic canon love interest, Brainiac 5. The actor who plays him is tremendous in the role. To me it appears as if the writers are open to going all comic-book canon by bringing together Kara and Brainiac 5. I would approve of Kara/Brainy. I’m guessing the writers will see how people feel about the situation. From what I’m already seeing there’s positive talk about Kara/Brainy. Comic diehards will want them but I think fans in general are already intrigued.

It’s great seeing Chad Lowe on the show but his character has now joined forces with Reign? I suppose we should have expected as much the second he had the conversation with Alex in prison. It seemed like Supergirl let him down so he’ll turn to Reign. Plus he’s a nut job so it works.

James/Lena are on! J'onn announcing that fighting Reign would be easier than discussing James Olson's kissing techniques was hilarious.

Melissa Benoist's version of David Harewood as J'onn was epic. Haha

The highlight of the episode as usual was the Kara/Alex scenes. The chemistry between Melissa and Chyler continues to be the strongest on the show. Alex was so worried about Kara and of course the last scene of the episode featured the two of them safely at home laughing and spending time together. The sweet story of the two sisters and the love and caring they have for each other is the heart and soul of the series. I love how that’s never going to change.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was shocked about too; although they never actually dated because they never went on a first date. But the acknowledgment was nice.

Quote:
Second favorite moment of the episode.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

This episode made me so happy!

- First the introduction of Brainiac 5! I'm only really used to the evil Brainiac in Smallville, except for when he was re-modeled to be Brainiac 5 much later on (mentioned in Legion, shown in Homecoming). Since I don't read the comics it was cool to see a new interpretation for my perspective. I LOVE this version of Brainiac already. He's awesome, and I love how he helped Kara in her subconscious so she could wake from her coma.

- J'onn having to be Kara was funny, he was so bad at it. I guess the good excuse was that 'Kara's' fever made her definitely not herself. Bless Lena for talking about her kiss with James to 'her'. Poor J'onn!

- So happy Kara was able to wake up! The way it ended last episode, it looked so bad! Loved the scene with her and Alex towards the end, that was so sweet and it was nice to see Kara laughing over hearing J'onn having to pretend to be her. I'm glad she is now able to look at the Mon-El situation with fresh eyes. It may still hurt, but at least she can start to think about moving on.

So much more to say but I don't have a lot of time, so I'll leave it for now. Looking forward to next week!
Old 01-18-2018, 12:37 AM
Master Fan

J'onn pretending to be Kara was hilarious and I'm waiting to see where they take Kara/Brainy - it could be fun.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Chiqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:23 PM
Total Fan

Random question, but... is Kara not going to mention to the Legion that Clark has one of their rings in the Fortress of Solitude? We saw it in Season 1.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

does kara even know what that was though?
Old 01-21-2018, 07:37 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamel (View Post)
does kara even know what that was though?
Well, she does now
Reply   Post New Thread